HuntingPaper

Magazine coupler

2 hours ago, Jon K said:

Are you concerned that your making parts for a firearm (isn't the magazine considered part of the firearm in NJ)? What are the NJ legal consequences?

A coupler is neither a magazine nor a gun part.  Not concerned in the least!

15 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

A coupler is neither a magazine nor a gun part.  Not concerned in the least!

Doesn't matter what you think it is, does it? I can say its attached to a magazine so now its a gun part, lock you up, and its your job to prove I'm wrong. That is New Jermany justice..... and you admitted you made it on line.

If you duct tape mags together it doesn't in any way shape or form increase the capacity of each individual magazine.  Tell them to squeeze an extra bullet into the magazine.  It will be physically impossible.

CAN they TRY to make an argument that it does and have you arrested.  Yeah, they can arrest you for just about any reason if they really want to.  But it's never going to hold up.  

• Agree 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, Cheflife15 said:

What's everyone's opinion on these? Personally I like them.  I'm a little concerned with the bottom mag being exposed, but I guess it only really becomes a problem if I'm crawling in the dirt.  I might throw some in the go bag. 

I use them with Magpul P-Mags. I put a dust cover on one end to act as the bottom of the mag. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I use them with Magpul P-Mags. I put a dust cover on one end to act as the bottom of the mag. 

Doesn't the dust cover defeat the purpose? You're not going to do a very quick mag change if you have to pry the mag cover off mid way.

• Like 1

Picked up a set of 3 and they are very well constructed. The coupler replaces the floor plate of your magazine so there is some assembly required.

I think with a bit of practice you could knock the dust cover of the bottom mag rather quickly. Absent a SHTF scenario I don't see that as a major issue and if we have a SHTF scenario I'm sure I'll have plenty more important stuff to worry about besides looking for the dust cover I dumped on the ground during a quick mag change.