Sign in to follow this  
totalabuse

They're in velvet.

seriously?

never ate deer.

Here is the kicker... I would love to go hunt deer, or duck.... but what do you do with the kill?

I dont eat deer or duck for that matter.

Hunt with someone who would like to keep your kill. Personally, I would like to hunt and learn how.

I wish that was my backyard.

Deer is good eating.

I stopped deer huntig because all I can hunt is public land and I can't put up with the public anymore for deer. I stick with Pheasant and stay away from the crowd so no one shoots my dog. It's amazing how inconciterate some hunters are. All they care about is making their kill and the hell with anyone else. It seems the ethics that once prevailed in hunters went the same direction as their driving courtesy.

speaking of deer, does anyone know whats growing on the side of the roads at this time of year. Just tonight I saw 5 deer munching away on the side of the road. They didn't even blink, I was able to get my truck slowly pulled up to one about 5 ft. away until he finally looked up and went ohh this might not be good and then ran away. It was crazy

Deer are indeed good eatin. They're out and about now because there is little to fear. And there is plenty to eat. With all this rain everything is lush. Anyone that has spent anytime in the woods knows they can be very cautious and graceful. I don't hunt but do enjoy watching them. I'm very excited to see what comes around this year. Last year we had some monsters. By south Jersey pine standards that is.

Things will change in a couple months. The bucks you see hanging together now will become sworn enemies come the rut. Everything changes when hunting season comes. They go nocturnal, retreat into the swamps, it's as though they just disappear. Doe's and young bucks are usually easy pickins if you're dedicated. The older trophy bucks know what's up.

speaking of deer, does anyone know whats growing on the side of the roads at this time of year. Just tonight I saw 5 deer munching away on the side of the road. They didn't even blink, I was able to get my truck slowly pulled up to one about 5 ft. away until he finally looked up and went ohh this might not be good and then ran away. It was crazy

Did you happen to notice a McDonalds bag lying there? lol...maybe it was something someone threw out of their window?

Did you happen to notice a McDonalds bag lying there? lol...maybe it was something someone threw out of their window?

nope nope it was just short grass and whatever that was on the grass or the grass itself he was eating. The thing was in la la land. I could of almost gotten it with just a knife haha

nope nope it was just short grass and whatever that was on the grass or the grass itself he was eating. The thing was in la la land. I could of almost gotten it with just a knife haha

Nice, I would have loved to have read that in the Jersey Journal. "Crazed man wheeling a knife kills innocent deer on the side of the road."

After deer hunting for a very long time as if to never harvest a deer, harvested this spike buck my 1st year of black powder, which started a phase of deer hunting for about 5 years and harvested in total 9 deer. tags on right antler. also two goose tags on left antler, 1st two geese i ever harvested and the last did not like the taste of goose. i have not deer hunted in about 8 years or so.. do not have the time any more and would much rather upland bird hunt.

1stdeer001.jpg

Colt the pup wanted his pic taken, so i did.. :mrgreen: ruger in background snoozi'n

1stdeer002.jpg

Just hope i can keep up with them next year, the pup only made two trips last year before my surgery, the surgery has slowed me down quite a bit but i get better every day.. never relized how much would have been taken out of me after the surgery.

If we weren't in Jersey he could have used a mounted bayonet.

Nice, I would have loved to have read that in the Jersey Journal. "Crazed man wheeling a knife kills innocent deer on the side of the road."

part of my kidney was removed to remove a tumor, also had a rib removed to be able to do the surgery, ended up being kidney cancer. it was found early so hopefully it will not return.

I have tests every 3 months, already had one mri, and just had a chest scan done to watch a 3mm nodule on my right lung, doc said not to worry it apears to be nothing and scheduled a new scan in 1 year, this morning had a echo cardiagram done and the mri to follow in one month for 2nd check up since surgery.

The worst part about that, is it wouldn't of been the craziest headline in NJ :)

part of my kidney was removed to remove a tumor, also had a rib removed to be able to do the surgery, ended up being kidney cancer. it was found early so hopefully it will not return.

I have tests every 3 months, already had one mri, and just had a chest scan done to watch a 3mm nodule on my right lung, doc said not to worry it apears to be nothing and scheduled a new scan in 1 year, this morning had a echo cardiagram done and the mri to follow in one month for 2nd check up since surgery.

Hope nothing comes of it tony, keep hunting and keep your head up!

thank's ray ray, i see you are in bayonne.. i worked in jersey city for one year back in 85, we use to go to the old rail road i believe in bayonne to hang out and drag race, looked like you could swim to the statue of liberty.

thank's ray ray, i see you are in bayonne.. i worked in jersey city for one year back in 85, we use to go to the old rail road i believe in bayonne to hang out and drag race, looked like you could swim to the statue of liberty.

Do you mean down Global? Or Liberty State Park? Liberty State Park is the closest you can get to the Statue of Liberty from the mainland.

not sure it was 25 years ago, my fathers partners son would drive their in his lemanns. dam car was fast.

the place was stacked with railroad ties and other train equipment. long paved road going in. it was a great place to drag race.. not sure if it still exists..