McClane

What are you running out to buy?

I am putting my ar plans on hold and put in for my 7 pistol permits yesterday....

on the list...

SW 1911 9mm Pro Series

Browning Hi Power 9mm

Smith 686 ish, or Taurus Judge

Further down the list...

East German Mak

Russian Mak

CZ82?

FN fiveseven

depending on how I like it... Taurus 1911 9mm

what I would be tempted to try to see....

Taurus 24/7 Pro Oss or the new 800 series.

Desert Eagle Baby Eagle, to go along with the CZ.

I am looking for a 4.5" or 5" .22 either a Buckmark or Mark III. The Buckmark is easier to clean, but the Ruger feels solid. So, I am not sure which one.

Stripped AR Lowers.

Brand New DPMS $ 130.00 at the York, PA Gun Show. Just in case

Unfortunately, stripped lowers are "handguns" in PA. It's not a new law, but a new recent interpretation by the gov. So, you can't buy them in PA without having them shipped to a NJ FFL, and then using a purchase permit to pick it up. Dunkelbergers had 5 different brands at $130 each and I was going to try one of each, but the saleman was disappointed to learn I was a NJ resident.

Of course you can buy a rifle made with one of those as a NJ resident, which really doesn't make sense, even for crazy gun laws.

Stripped AR Lowers.

Brand New DPMS $ 130.00 at the York, PA Gun Show. Just in case

unless i'm mistaken, stripped AR lowers are now treated (somewhat) like handguns on the ATF 4473 form and you may not be able to buy out of state.

pk90 may be able to offer a definitive answer on this one.

Unfortunately, stripped lowers are "handguns" in PA. It's not a new law, but a new recent interpretation by the gov. So, you can't buy them in PA without having them shipped to a NJ FFL, and then using a purchase permit to pick it up. Dunkelbergers had 5 different brands at $130 each and I was going to try one of each, but the saleman was disappointed to learn I was a NJ resident.

as far as my experience goes, you don't need a purchase permit, it just needs to be transferred through a NJ FFL.

and you can still buy a complete rifle in PA.

I've got 5 permits pending, and I think I may have the shopping list complete. It all depends on the available discretionary financing (I also need some new photo gear).

The list in no particular order,

A 9mm metal frame, full size - 92FS or 90 two or CZ75/85 or etc. (for the range, and maybe some low level competitive shooting)

A 9mm metal frame compact - S&W Chiefs Special or Bersa Thunder 9 UC or etc. (for the house)

A .357 revolver 6" barrel - probably some flavor of Taurus (for the range)

A 9mm compact poly frame - M&P 9C or Walther or etc. (for Lynn at the range and house)

A .380 Mickey Mouse Micro - LCP, PPK, etc. (just because I can) OR some low end 1911

Other than the first 2, everything else is subject to change depending on availability and impulse.

kenw If you want to shoot a CS9 I have one.

Thanks for the offer. How does it shoot for you? Accurate enough for casual non-bullseye shooting and general nightstand use?

I'd love to shoot yours if the opportunity comes up. My neighbor has one and the thing is just so damn nice, but I've only dry fired it. Haven't gotten him out to the range with it yet. I love the fit & finish, and it's surprisingly comfortable in my hand, considering the weird shape of the grip. I've read complaints that it's too "bulgy" along the wide side, and someone even makes a shaved grip for it to make it flatter, but it fits and seems to point well for me. It (or one of the other all steel compact Smiths in 9mm) is definitely on my want list.

Gun shoots great comfortable recoil and plenty accurate. I have the complete set CS9, CS40, CS45. Next time we meet at BA I will bring it with me. There is a member at S&W forum that cuts down the hard grips from the bigger pistol to fit the CS9. I think his forum name is Big Dawg.

Have 4 permits in the works, 3 are for transfers from my father (92FS, Sig P229 40 S&W made in Germany, Colt Agent 38 special)

But don't know what I'm going to get with the fourth permit.

Taurus Judge, 22 revolver, 380. pocket pistol, Charter Arms south-paw, 327 magnum revolver, I really don't know.

I'm waiting for my 3 permits to arrive, but have a Ruger LCP 380, Bersa Thunder 380 & Taurus 17HMR on hold. Also waiting for the new Taurus 5.7 revolver to come out.

Taurus 5.7 revolver, what is that? Do tell