Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Smith Wesson sigma series... javin70, for you...

Went into effingers today to buy some ammo, so naturally went to oggle over the gun case. They had a decent selection, albeit far from packed. they had glocks, smiths, sigs, beretta's. From the smiths, they had the M&P line and the sigma guns. If you spent anywhere near what i think some of you do in terms of time here on the board or at gun stores.... you might of hear of the "profound" trigger on the sigma series. I personally heard of this... though never played with one at the range, or fondled one in a store... until today.

My impression, oh my, azohen vei (for the yidish jew crew), the trigger is like a rock. Even in single action..... the trigger pull on it, is worse than the trigger pull on any double action revolver.... i mean you had to realllllllllly go at it for the trigger. i couldnt believe it. I asked the guy behind the counter if he shot or held it... and he stated he didnt, at which point I asked him to try it. he was astonished.

there has to be something that can be done for the trigger.

Went into effingers today to buy some ammo, so naturally went to oggle over the gun case. They had a decent selection, albeit far from packed. they had glocks, smiths, sigs, beretta's. From the smiths, they had the M&P line and the sigma guns. If you spent anywhere near what i think some of you do in terms of time here on the board or at gun stores.... you might of hear of the "profound" trigger on the sigma series. I personally heard of this... though never played with one at the range, or fondled one in a store... until today.

My impression, oh my, azohen vei (for the yidish jew crew), the trigger is like a rock. Even in single action..... the trigger pull on it, is worse than the trigger pull on any double action revolver.... i mean you had to realllllllllly go at it for the trigger. i couldnt believe it. I asked the guy behind the counter if he shot or held it... and he stated he didnt, at which point I asked him to try it. he was astonished.

there has to be something that can be done for the trigger.

Azohen Vei lol you crack me up nice to have another Russian brother on the board lol we found a guy who does S&W warranty work he said he can smooth out the trigger action under warranty which would drop the trigger pull from 12 lbs to about 10 lbs in SA but i don't think that is going to make too much of a difference

I have looked at some of the Sigmas new out of the box and found that the trigger pull varied on a few of them with some not bad and others somewhat heavy.Read that some have sent them back to S&W for a gritty trigger pull and they were smoothed out a bit.Spend some time do a google search and you will find a lot of info on the Sigmas.

Another Bump cause I'm crazy!

Smith has a new Sigma pistol that's kinda a cross between a Sigma and an M&P. (Picture a M&P slide with a Sigma frame)

It's priced in between both

I don't get it though, it feels just like a Sigma and uses the same magazines. Shoulda bumped up the quality of an M&P instead of going the cheaper route.

The new S&W series is not a Sigma......

From a member of the M&P forum who called S&W....

Just got off of the phone with S&W.

According to the rep, S&W is producing three differen pistols; the SW (SIgma), the SD, and the M&P series. Each series is mechanically unique. The M&P action was refered to as a "quick action", the Sigma a DAO and the SD as a hybrid. According to the rep, the SD series cannot be tweaked to improve the trigger feel.

Already a couple of the guys on the M&P forum are planning to try and tweak the new SD series trigger..........

From what I have gathered...... the Sigma series trigger is NOT "tweakable"......

I felt one out at Caso's a few days ago. It's nothing spectacular, just a piece from one gun and a piece from another. I wasn't sure what the name was but SD is correct. Service Duty? Self Defense?

Azohen Vei lol you crack me up nice to have another Russian brother on the board lol we found a guy who does S&W warranty work he said he can smooth out the trigger action under warranty which would drop the trigger pull from 12 lbs to about 10 lbs in SA but i don't think that is going to make too much of a difference

You guys crack me up!

Two Russians walk into a bar and complain about the trigger pull on an American handgun - start of a great joke there, ending of course with the 13 lb pull of the Nagant revolver...