Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Ty, do they make a pressure switch for the TLR1 or TLR1s? With my current set-up I have tha Magpul AFG on a Magpul MOE stock and since I'm a lefty the the wire would have to go over the top or run underneath. I can access the standard switch with my fingers but I don't know if its operational. I already have the TLR1 on my XD45 tactical, so buying another one isn't an issue as it's tough as nails.

Yes but you have to replace the entire rear panel. I don't care for pressure pads because it takes ALOT of training to use them effectively.

Yes but you have to replace the entire rear panel. I don't care for pressure pads because it takes ALOT of training to use them effectively.

I didn't want a pressure switch as im used to using the paddle. I mounted the rail on the left side of the foregrip so the light wouldn't be in my line of sight (I'm a southpaw). I guess another Streamlight is in the budget, but this ones gonna be the TLR-1s. With the strobe option.

Thanks Ty, you da man!

Sorry Jack, ignore my post in the Noeveske thread. Please sir, details on her please.

RU, I think you'd like this. http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG414/88

It would make that ACR feel much better, but that's an opinion. Though my opinions are always right.

Did you get the AFG1 or AFG2??? Because I got the AFG1 and it wont fit my ACR...looks like i'm going to have to order the AFG2

I have the AFG1, but i mounted it on a stock similar to yours, the MOE stock. You sure it doesn't fit?

Well i havent tried mounting it yet, i'm waiting for the rail section to come in....it just seems that the front section has lips that curl up which will prevent it from fitting on the rail properly.

I looked at the pics of the AFG2 and those lips are gone on that style so i figured that one wont have any problems.

I thought the same thing, wait till the rail comes and it'll fit perfect. Trust me. Look back at pics of my AR and you'll see.

I was gonna send mine back too but I waited to mount the rails to make sure. Low and behold, IT FITS!

I thought the same thing, wait till the rail comes and it'll fit perfect. Trust me. Look back at pics of my AR and you'll see.

I was gonna send mine back too but I waited to mount the rails to make sure. Low and behold, IT FITS!

Alright thanks!

OK, now I think I'm done. Added the DD Omega Rail, Eotech 512, Troy Battle Grip, KNS Anti-Rotation Pins. Oops, need to order the Vltor Offset Flashlight Mount for the new Surefire G2X Pro 200 Lumen.

P1010078.jpg

Holy Blacktical batman!

Looks cool.

post-1710-013601200 1291098280_thumb.jpg

my first build

Ardel Engineering Lower

Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit

Magpul ASAP Sling Plate

BCM 14.5in Midlength Upper with pinned FSC 556 Compensator

BCM BCG

Magpul MOE stock, grip, trigger guard and handguards

post-1710-028529500 1291098497_thumb.jpg

S&W M&P15FT

Eotech 512

TLR-1

post-1710-013601200 1291098280_thumb.jpg

my first build

Ardel Engineering Lower

Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit

Magpul ASAP Sling Plate

BCM 14.5in Midlength Upper with pinned FSC 556 Compensator

BCM BCG

Magpul MOE stock, grip, trigger guard and handguards

post-1710-028529500 1291098497_thumb.jpg

S&W M&P15FT

Eotech 512

TLR-1

Not going to lie i really like the 14.5 MOE. It balances very well and is surprisingly light. KISS

It does fit but it was a pain to get on, had to take it apart to mount it. I like it so far, but i want on of those vertical grips with the internal bipod. it would make it nice to shoot off of versus worrying about finding sandbags.

It does fit but it was a pain to get on, had to take it apart to mount it. I like it so far, but i want on of those vertical grips with the internal bipod. it would make it nice to shoot off of versus worrying about finding sandbags.

You mean the screws are really short and unless you have a magnatized hex head it was a pain in the @ss!

Pics?

You mean the screws are really short and unless you have a magnatized hex head it was a pain in the @ss!

Pics?

No I mean the hand guard on the ACR has a lip in the front and the rails i put on are about 5 Inches long, so i didnt have enough room to slide the grip on because of the angles. So i had to separate the grip into two pieces and snap it on, screw it together and presto. I didnt take pics but i will once i mount my light. I dont know if i like the pressure switch..

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the regular push button or toggle switch for my light. Good luck dude!

Thanks..the issue for me is that if i went with a push button set up, it would be best to use a vtac light mount and vertical forward grip so that i can operate the light with my thumb. what to do what to do!

Guest tAKticool

img0518u.th.jpg

img0517b.th.jpg

img0517no.th.jpg

img0520zu.th.jpg

This is my BRAND NEW Bushmaster 14.5" M4-AK Carbine ... JUST HOME from Arms and Ammo. It is box stock, save for a couple of 15 round mags also acquired from PK. I have about $300 worth of Magpul coming next week to get my customization on and will hopefully have a red-dot in the next month or two (Have to save the money and still debate between Aimpoints and Trijicons... ) This was my splurge as a present to myself for surviving surgery and while it may not be much to others, it's my first 5.56 AR and it's special to me. I will be posting pics in the future when I get it looking a little bit more personalized. Thanks for checking it out!

\

Thanks..the issue for me is that if i went with a push button set up, it would be best to use a vtac light mount and vertical forward grip so that i can operate the light with my thumb. what to do what to do!

I use the toggle on my TLR1 infront of the front sight. Works well for me. I also have another rifle with the VFG and a surefire 951 in larue mount with "click" rear no tape switch. I had issues with ND using the light and tape switch.

I'll snap some pics when i'm not at work and post them up with the light manipulation.

I use the toggle on my TLR1 infront of the front sight. Works well for me. I also have another rifle with the VFG and a surefire 951 in larue mount with "click" rear no tape switch. I had issues with ND using the light and tape switch.

I'll snap some pics when i'm not at work and post them up with the light manipulation.

As I lefty, I'm not sure whether I want the light on the right side or left. If it's on the left it would be a little difficult to use but it would be out of my line of sight. If it's on the right side, it'll be easy to aquire but it'll be in my line of sight.

As I lefty, I'm not sure whether I want the light on the right side or left. If it's on the left it would be a little difficult to use but it would be out of my line of sight. If it's on the right side, it'll be easy to aquire but it'll be in my line of sight.

hes talking about setting it up like i have mine. if you remember from last week what it looks like. with the right mount, its very easy to push the button with your VFG hand