Ray Ray

AR pics, lets see'um!

Here's my latest build, just completed. Planning on trying it out this weekend.

Spike's lower, Palmetto State Armory lower parts kit, MOE stock (pinned permanently in place) and grip, Magpul ASAP, ARMS BUIS set, Larue LT129 mount, Aimpoint CompC, BCM upper with BFH, BCM BCG, Daniel Defense LITE 12" for-end, PWS FSC556 pinned compensator, MidwestPX 15 round Pmags.

I'd eventually like to get a magnifier for the Aimpoint... eventually...

P1000049.jpg

P1000043.jpg

P1000048.jpg

P1000052.jpg

Looks really good, Dan. Even with it being your first, looks like you did your homework on what to get and avoid-- good stuff.

All these ARs lately... makes me really want to consider working on an old project again. Now, only if BCM would get some more stock in :icon_redface:

Thanks guys. Yup did a bit of homework, along with help from forum members here. So far forum advice has netted me an excellent recommendation on my BA .308 setup, and now this new AR. I'm very impressed with how it turned out. I can't believe how lightweight it is. Everything is new on this rifle except for the Aimpoint, thats a transplant.

Jimmy, I'll PM you on CJ status this weekend. Hopefully we can catch each other!

Looks great Dan... is that a 14.5 or 16 inch barrel? Just looks really huge with that 12 inch rail.

Its a 14.5" (16" with welded brake). It does seem huge with the 12" rail system, but I really liked the concept of the mid-length rail and gas system. Better for both the gun and the user. Don't let it deceive you, its not heavy at all. Bathroom digital scale comes in at 8lbs with a loaded 15rnd mag.

My LMT. Love this gun. Bone stock - I have a red dot but the irons are so good I may never use it.

(IMG SNIP)

Hey Andy, how/where did you pin that SOPMOD....i'm trying to wrap my mind around on how to do it with mine for my AR build.

Very nice builds!

Andy - is that a monolithic upper? Very nice!

I have an almost identical set up, Dan - cept mine's a 16" BCM and a few different accessories. Everyone always comments on how heavy the AR looks with the 12" rail, but it's really not that bad. It's certainly not a 6lb lightweight carbine, but no one where near as heavy as everyone seems to think.

I didn't pin it - LMT actually sells a "compliant" version of this AR with a pinned stock and a barrel not just missing a flash hider, but no threads either to mount a break.

It looks like they removed the slide-release mechanism for the stock, drilled and tapped the tube to accept a bolt and then just bolted it in place. Straightforward if you have the tools for the drilling and tapping!

Hey Andy, how/where did you pin that SOPMOD....i'm trying to wrap my mind around on how to do it with mine for my AR build.

Caine,

Thanks, yes, monolithic upper. I could use this thing as a sledgehammer and it will still shoot sub MOA (if only I could shoot sub MOA :icon_e_wink: )

Dan,

How do you like that Magpul AFG? I find I don't like verticals and was thinking of getting an AFG. Nice build, btw!

Here's my latest build, just completed. Planning on trying it out this weekend.

Spike's lower, Palmetto State Armory lower parts kit, MOE stock (pinned permanently in place) and grip, Magpul ASAP, ARMS BUIS set, Larue LT129 mount, Aimpoint CompC, BCM upper with BFH, BCM BCG, Daniel Defense LITE 12" for-end, PWS FSC556 pinned compensator, MidwestPX 15 round Pmags.

I'd eventually like to get a magnifier for the Aimpoint... eventually...

Dan,

How do you like that Magpul AFG? I find I don't like verticals and was thinking of getting an AFG. Nice build, btw!

Andy, So far I like the AFG a lot. I'm also not a fan of forward vertical grips, so I picked this up to give it a try. The feel is best described as a common sense ergonomic thing. I'll know more once I get to shoot it this weekend! :D

Andy, So far I like the AFG a lot. I'm also not a fan of forward vertical grips, so I picked this up to give it a try. The feel is best described as a common sense ergonomic thing. I'll know more once I get to shoot it this weekend! :D

I agree, love my AFG. I put my thumb over the top rail and grip around the AFG, makes it easier to hold the gun to my body and "drive" the weapon.

Yay I finally get to post in here!

Got the final shipment last night from Del-Ton and put it all together.

Still waiting on Magpul BUIS sights to come in. I have a cheap (read:really cheap) scope I picked up off CheaperThanDirt that I may throw on there just to shoot it this weekend. I'm so anxious to hear that first boom.

Everything feels tight and looks machined good so kudos to Del-ton. Took about 2 weeks to come in so not nearly as bad as some other people have had.

bFKoS.jpg

Specs:

• Del-Ton Upper/BCG
  • 16" Chrome Lined Barrel w/ 1:7 Twist
  • YHM Diamond Free Float Handguard
  • Low Profile Gas Block
  • Del-Ton lower
  • RRA 2-Stage trigger
  • Ergo Grip

Here are some more pics of my blaster. Sorry for the awful lighting, I live in a cave.

photo-37.jpg

photo-38.jpg

photo-36.jpg

Rifle is a Knights Armament SR-15 E3

Magpul ACS Stock

Magpul MOE Grip

Magpul AFG

Magpul XTM Panels

Surefire E2D in a Gear Sector offset mount

Battlecomp 1.0

Geissele SD-E Trigger

Aimpoint CompM3 in a Larue M68 Offset Mount