Maciej

Conceal Carry Permit in NJ, Feasible?

LEO, retired LEO, armored car guard or other "high risk" security position, or very good political connections with local judiciary/law enforcement.

Negative, Negative, Negative, Negative, and Negative.

Damn I need to move to PA..

yip i looked into every law I possibly could when I started looking into guns. I thought I had found a loop hole by qualifying as a PI until I read the requirements to becoming a PI and the only way to become a PI is to be an ex-cop or put x amount of years in with a registered PI aka impossible for me.

Also if you carry a lot of money for work and or carry jewels etc you could be granted a CCW

So to give you the low down. It's pretty impossible to get one unless you are a cop, ex cop, or a PI

Also if you carry a lot of money for work and or carry jewels etc you could be granted a CCW

Actually nowadays they just tell you to hire a security guard rather than issuing you a LTC or CHL.

--Daniel

Absolutely right.

LEO, retired LEO, armored car guard or other "high risk" security position, or very good political connections with local judiciary/law enforcement.

I concur.

I'm from Kinnelon. Welcome.

I concur.

I'm from Kinnelon. Welcome.

Nice! We should go shooting some time.

none issued to civilians in middlesex county in many years -

we will welcome you here. just watch out on what libs you vote for... i don't want our state being trashed even though the anti gun new yorkers are starting to clog the poconos... if you move there, help us pennsylvanains out and do some campaigning for liberty.

we will welcome you here. just watch out on what libs you vote for... i don't want our state being trashed even though the anti gun new yorkers are starting to clog the poconos... if you move there, help us pennsylvanains out and do some campaigning for liberty.

I have a long time to wait until I can move out of here, many many years of schooling to be completed before any decisions are made.

I have a long time to wait until I can move out of here, many many years of schooling to be completed before any decisions are made.

penn state and east stroudsberg are good schools... transfer. and if you are on a college campus, they can throw you off for carrying arms... it is like being annoying on a property whre they have to ask you to leave before charging you. jsut stay far far away from k-12 schools...

penn state and east stroudsberg are good schools... transfer. and if you are on a college campus, they can throw you off for carrying arms... it is like being annoying on a property whre they have to ask you to leave before charging you. jsut stay far far away from k-12 schools...

Med school, looking to stay here for UMDNJ.

A CCW from NJ is pretty much impossible. Of course, if the conservatives in the U.S. Senate get their way, all you'll have to do is have a valid permit from any other state (UT and FL are the easiest) and you'll be golden in the Garden State. Read up on S.845, which is supposed to come up for a vote this week. Like the National Parks bill, this one is apparently being attached as a rider to another bill (not sure which one). The liberals don't like it when we use their tactics though. :lol:

Our buddy Cryin' Bryan Miller had this to say about it...

Subsection 1 of Section 926D describes the any state issued permit is valid in any state that allows concealed carry portion of the bill. Subsection 2, where it talks about "home state", has to do with Alaska/Vermont style concealed carry with no permits (so don't get hung up on the "home state" part).

The big concern for us, I suppose, is that NJ might go all Illinois on us and repeal concealed carry all together. Of course, that puts them in a big fight with the NRA, who has pretty much left NJ alone for quite sometime.

A CCW from NJ is pretty much impossible. Of course, if the conservatives in the U.S. Senate get their way, all you'll have to do is have a valid permit from any other state (UT and FL are the easiest) and you'll be golden in the Garden State. Read up on S.845, which is supposed to come up for a vote this week. Like the National Parks bill, this one is apparently being attached as a rider to another bill (not sure which one). The liberals don't like it when we use their tactics though. :lol:

Subsection 1 of Section 926D describes the any state issued permit is valid in any state that allows concealed carry portion of the bill. Subsection 2, where it talks about "home state", has to do with Alaska/Vermont style concealed carry with no permits (so don't get hung up on the "home state" part).

The big concern for us, I suppose, is that NJ might go all Illinois on us and repeal concealed carry all together. Of course, that puts them in a big fight with the NRA, who has pretty much left NJ alone for quite sometime.

nice... hopefully it is earmarked in a bill that obama is hyping about. and the nra has left jersey alone because they have been busy getting chicago people rights to own handguns. right after that ruling, then they will storm the right to "bear" arms part and go after may issues and no issues. one step at a time. one step at a time. me being a pennsylvanian, i get to wait longer than you for more liberation... i'm waiting for that national reciprocity and for an unfreeze of the machiene gun ownership of civillians... oh how i want a glock 18 or an aa-12 shotgun and how i'd love to not stop off home to drop my gun off en route to your state.

The NRA does too much preaching to the choir , they need to get the message out to the genral public. Not everyone who owns a gun in NJ reads American Rifleman or belongs to the NRA. When was the last time you saw a pro gun article in a NJ newspaper ? Or a TV add ?

The anti gun groups use the media all the time to get their point across .

correct joeybones - i've been nra member since 1959 - i think that they have ignored n.j. since the 1990 assault weapons ban - most all n.j. media is biased on most all non liberal issues including guns - many aspects of n.j. awb are unconstitutional + illegal but the nra has done little or nothing to fight them -

correct joeybones - i've been nra member since 1959 - i think that they have ignored n.j. since the 1990 assault weapons ban - most all n.j. media is biased on most all non liberal issues including guns - many aspects of n.j. awb are unconstitutional + illegal but the nra has done little or nothing to fight them -

Huge +1.

After reading the bill, I don't think it will make any difference for NJ residents. It clearly says, "to allow citizens who have concealed carry permits from the State in which they reside". Therefore, if you "reside" in the republic of new jersey, you won't have a CCW. If you were a resident of FL,PA or any other state that allows carry, you could carry in NJ.

After reading the bill, I don't think it will make any difference for NJ residents. It clearly says, "to allow citizens who have concealed carry permits from the State in which they reside". Therefore, if you "reside" in the republic of new jersey, you won't have a CCW. If you were a resident of FL,PA or any other state that allows carry, you could carry in NJ.

this would so excite me... then i can feel safe when i come to your communist state and end up gettign lost in places like trenton (ewww)... what bill is it being attached to?

You'll never get it. Even if you say you carry lots of cash on you for business. It's not a good enough excuse. A buddy of mine years ago applied, filled out all the forms and they denied it. He says he has to pick up cash from his accounts that pay him and he could have $20,000 on himself and sometimes more at any given time. They told him "ohh thats not enough cash for a permit." I wonder how much he would have to say to be "enough money."