maintenanceguy

New Training for Carry Permits - Any Word?

1 hour ago, oldguysrule649 said:

I would hope not if the Quals you originally took are identical to what they now require.   I have not had an opportunity to read the new requirements in detail.   So do not know what additional documentation they would require and how it would need to be furnished.  At first glance they seem to also require additional training that was not part of the process originally.  E.g. classroom Use of Force and Holster Draw.  Again just my first impression.  Don't take this as gospel before confirming it for yourself.   The new docs are available on the NJSP website:  

https://www.nj.gov/njsp/firearms/forms.shtml

the class i took at south Some other site with kharis sepulveda we had almost 2 hours on use of force instruction, then shot just about that exact same course of fire. i had one flyer. it pissed me off.

Just now, Cheflife15 said:

Gun for hire is saying you are good if your permit was issued before 12/22/22. 

Reddit is saying it's everyone post bruen that needs to requalify and siting this.  

(2) A person who obtained a permit pursuant to this section prior to the first day of the seventh month following the date of enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.) and which permit is not scheduled to expire until at least one year following the enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.) shall comply with the training requirement established pursuant to this subsection no later than the first day of the tenth month following the date of enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.).

https://casetext.com/statute/new-jersey-statutes/title-2c-the-new-jersey-code-of-criminal-justice/chapter-2c58-registration-of-manufacturers-and-wholesale-dealers-of-firearms/section-2c58-4-permits-to-carry-handguns

could they possibly type that out in any more of a non-direct way? sheesh......

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Gun for hire is saying you are good if your permit was issued before 12/22/22. 

Reddit is saying it's everyone post bruen that needs to requalify and siting this.  

(2) A person who obtained a permit pursuant to this section prior to the first day of the seventh month following the date of enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.) and which permit is not scheduled to expire until at least one year following the enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.) shall comply with the training requirement established pursuant to this subsection no later than the first day of the tenth month following the date of enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.).

https://casetext.com/statute/new-jersey-statutes/title-2c-the-new-jersey-code-of-criminal-justice/chapter-2c58-registration-of-manufacturers-and-wholesale-dealers-of-firearms/section-2c58-4-permits-to-carry-handguns

Parts of that statute have been thrown out already...

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

if that's bruen...then all of us that got permits after that date should be good......

The second part

"and which permit is not scheduled to expire until at least one year following the enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.) shall comply with the training requirement established pursuant to this subsection no later than the first day of the tenth month following the date of enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.)"

Would mean everyone has to requalify.

This is how the people on reddit are interpreting it.

Seems like there's 13 different interpretation as normal.  

so every 2 years we will need to pay to take all of these courses and qualifications,  submit the app with all references,  prints, pictures and whatever else was on that list that we will need.  Gonna cost over 500 bucks before we are done with this bullshit.  I am disabled.  I dont have that kind of money every 2 years.   I will take the money and donate to whatever organization is going to sue the shit out of these assholes.  We also get to pay for the unlimited litigation fees these assholes have caused us to pursue,  and they can use OUR money to hire as many lawyers as they need.  Tyranny at its finest.  This state sucks.  Vote them out!

• Agree 5

Just now, Cheflife15 said:

The second part

"and which permit is not scheduled to expire until at least one year following the enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.) shall comply with the training requirement established pursuant to this subsection no later than the first day of the tenth month following the date of enactment of P.L.2022, c.131 (C.2C:58-4.2 et al.)"

Would mean everyone has to requalify.

This is how the people on reddit are interpreting it.

Seems like there's 13 different interpretation as normal.  

hhmm...i read that 2nd half wrong then.......don't ask me how...but i did.

that said......ok. that's fine. many of us already DID comply with the training, and it is on record with the pd's......

Just now, Tunaman said:

so every 2 years we will need to pay to take all of these courses and qualifications,  submit the app with all references,  prints, pictures and whatever else was on that list that we will need.  Gonna cost over 500 bucks before we are done with this bullshit.  I am disabled.  I dont have that kind of money every 2 years.   I will take the money and donate to whatever organization is going to sue the shit out of these assholes.  We also get to pay for the unlimited litigation fees these assholes have caused us to pursue,  and they can use OUR money to hire as many lawyers as they need.  Tyranny at its finest.  This state sucks.  Vote them out!

would be nice if we could. even if we had the numbers, there's the other issues......

I want to know if all this will apply to retired cops also.  Are they going to have to lay out all this cash to carry like us?  Or will they be given special status as usual.  I shouldnt have to pay to use my Constitutional Right.  This is almost worse than "justifiable need".  My blood is boiling.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I really wish alot of these "2a friendly" gun ranges would make the qualification a bit cheaper or give discounts to those that did their first one there.  

:icon_lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

I want to know if all this will apply to retired cops also.  Are they going to have to lay out all this cash to carry like us?  Or will they be given special status as usual.  I shouldnt have to pay to use my Constitutional Right.  This is almost worse than "justifiable need".  My blood is boiling.

After getting my PA CCW permit, good for 5 years, for $20 in 20 minutes and approved in 1 day, I have tasted freedom and I like it!  FUCK NJ!  FPM & FMP!

We all know the dems cheated in the last election and the truth is that Phil Murphy in no more our rightfully elected Governor than Biden is our rightfully elected president! We are no better than a banana republic, a third world country about to lose EVERYTHING!:mad:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I dont know if it will do any good,  but I just wrote a long letter to the Supreme Court detailing what they are doing to us in NJ and disregarding Our rights and their Bruen decision.  Maybe we should all write at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I really wish alot of these "2a friendly" gun ranges would make the qualification a bit cheaper or give discounts to those that did their first one there.  

until i see ranges and/or instructors blatantly taking advantage of us, i won't/can't fault them for charging for their services. they gotta keep the lights on too.

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

until i see ranges and/or instructors blatantly taking advantage of us, i won't/can't fault them for charging for their services. they gotta keep the lights on too.

In turn, the more ccw holders would lead to income in the longer term imo. 

As a salesman, sometimes I give the first few cases of product to build loyalty. 

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in maintenance guy's thread, but here goes. On Shooters facebook page today,

Update on the newly released “interim” PTC Use of Force and Qualification
Per statute, effective on 12/22/22, any permit to carry holder issued a permit after the updated legislation will have to ensure they meet compliance by 10/1/23.
We have verified with the NJSP Firearms Unit that if you have taken your course here at Shooters Sporting Center, you have already meet the standard published by the NJSP Firearms Unit published on 7/18/2023. This means you have successfully completed HQC2 modified, use of force training, and have demonstrated use and safe handling of firearms. “substantially similar to HQC2 (modified) included in the Private Citizen Concealed Carry Use of Force Training Manual”.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE THE COURSE AGAIN! If you wish to re-take the course here at Shooters, it is completely voluntary and not mandated.

It goes on for several more paragraphs, and is very concise. As always, I'm a bit confused about what all this means. I'm not about to call Shooters and bother them since they have a business to run and not answer the same questions for the millionth time.
I took the course at Shooters in August of 2022, didn't get my permit until end of January. Do I need to re-qualify, or not? Hopefully, this will all be clarified soon.

Still as clear as muddy water,   If Shooters quals are good than most of the other ranges ( Gun for hire,  RTSP etc ) should also be good, Right?   we need an independent source for the truth and not from the range owners who only want to self promote their "holster draw" classes.

I'm gonna wait this one out and see what happens,  I can't believe that NJ is going to use offensive (attacking) training like shooting in kneeling position and hiding behind barricade.  probably most SD shooting your not going to have time to aim let alone kneel and perform other calisthenics.    

1 hour ago, bennj said:

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in maintenance guy's thread, but here goes. On Shooters facebook page today,

Update on the newly released “interim” PTC Use of Force and Qualification
Per statute, effective on 12/22/22, any permit to carry holder issued a permit after the updated legislation will have to ensure they meet compliance by 10/1/23.
We have verified with the NJSP Firearms Unit that if you have taken your course here at Shooters Sporting Center, you have already meet the standard published by the NJSP Firearms Unit published on 7/18/2023. This means you have successfully completed HQC2 modified, use of force training, and have demonstrated use and safe handling of firearms. “substantially similar to HQC2 (modified) included in the Private Citizen Concealed Carry Use of Force Training Manual”.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE THE COURSE AGAIN! If you wish to re-take the course here at Shooters, it is completely voluntary and not mandated.

It goes on for several more paragraphs, and is very concise. As always, I'm a bit confused about what all this means. I'm not about to call Shooters and bother them since they have a business to run and not answer the same questions for the millionth time.
I took the course at Shooters in August of 2022, didn't get my permit until end of January. Do I need to re-qualify, or not? Hopefully, this will all be clarified soon.

does that refer to this current updated legislation, or that dec22 updated legislation?