Sign in to follow this  
Z71

wild shoot out in jersey city

whats going on in Jersey city? 5 cops hit with shotgun blasts by 2 lowlifes today...

http://www.nj.com/shootings...

its amazing...saturday there was like 7 shootings,the week before that it was 4,

there should be a sign on the exit to JC that says

"loc n load zone"

enter at your own risk.....

2 Sh!ttums that they were looking at for a shooting last week along with a string of armed Robberies. Sh!ttum A saw a radio car driving by and got spooked taking a shot with a concealed shotgun at the Car, the guys on surveillance called for the Cavalry (ESU) and then they chased these two into an apt building, where they were eventually killed, but not before 4 more cops were shot and another 3 were injured by other means. No doubt before the day is out we'll have at LEAST one "Ma Baby dint do Nuffin" quote for the news.

Already the antigun bias of the Healy machine is permeating the news media, don't know where to start.

Even the JD Chief of Police blames the NRA for this.

"Somebody's gotta wake up and smell the coffee, and say enough is enough," Comey said about taking illegal guns off the streets of the community. "Stop being afraid of the NRA, and start being afraid of our own rights."

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-shots-...0,683055.story

I know I defended Comey to a certain degree before, but I can't anymore. Tommy's allowed Healy to turn this into a political issue, with his participation, while Mark DiNardo is still in a coma, and might not make it. Talking to a buddy of mine from JCPD it seems that all of this political posturing is more to CYA for Comey and Healy than anything else. I cant go into specifics, but there was NO EFFING Reason this should have gone down the way it did, and now we have 7 guys injured with another that still may die...all over money. Despite all of the other crap please extend your thoughts and prayers tor Mark and his Family, He's one of the GOOD guys.

From what i've heard from my sources, it was some lack of common sense. First officer was shot in the leg, and at least 1 officer went to the door ( probably 2 as one got it in neck, other face) and were shot thru the door. Even without any training, if you have an assailant that's already shot an officer, that doesn't care who you are, you certainly don't put yourself in position to be shot. I know the adrenaline starts pumping and you just react, but you shouldn't forget the basics.

I feel for the officers and their families and wish them a speedy recovery. And the chief should be ashamed for trying to politicize it with wrong information.

RIP.

In the aftermath as the details get sorted out, I'm curious if the media and Jersey City will release any information that indicates that some of the tactics may have been... well, not so tactical. I mean no disrespect by bringing this up, but there has to be a level of accountability.

I am not familiar with law enforcement special tactics. I am familiar with operational tactics though, and while I know military operations are mostly different from special tactics operations, they do share some similarities. What irks me is that the two slain criminals were not, from our knowledge, highly trained operatives that specialized in small weapons tactics. The weapon (as that was its intended use in this case) was an NJ legal (albeit stolen in SC) gun that simply proved it would go bang when the trigger was to be pulled. My point here is that the weapon itself gave no real advantage to the scum that wielded it either.

From the initial reports, it seems as though the LEOs had the tactical advantage in numbers, schematics, equipment, and timing (I've read the breach was executed around 0530, correct me if I'm wrong). I know "sh-t happens," but even with all the chips stacked in favor of the LEOs, they still lost the primary objective of the breach-- getting casualties. To me, this means there HAD to have been a lack of tactics somewhere along the line.

I have also read that the department could have waited out the two slain assailants, basically taking them out with attrition (or moving in after a few hours, when the two targets would have been mentally and physically exhausted). From initial reports it sounds as though the department made a hasty decision after the slain targets initially shot at the police (who were indirectly involved-- the ones who were cruising by in the squad car), and quickly pursued action. I know that there was apparently enough time to evacuate the area prior to the breach, but I still see a lack of tactics here.

My prayers go out to those who were involved, and all should be highly commended for executing their objective. However, in this aftermath where politicians and city authorities are calling for action against a means (firearms), and not an end, I really hope the proper investigation helps JCPD and other PDs realize the vital, vital, VITAL importance of operational awareness. There is a reason why you never hear about military intelligence/operational folk, and also the reason why when we fail, we are absolutely manhandled. It cannot be overlooked in this case either, using scapegoats and whatnot.

For those who prayed for him, Marc Dinardo's family is planning on taking him off of life support tomorrow morning so his organs can be donated.

I haven't heard anything yet. there are many conflicting reports going around.

In the aftermath as the details get sorted out, I'm curious if the media and Jersey City will release any information that indicates that some of the tactics may have been... well, not so tactical. I mean no disrespect by bringing this up, but there has to be a level of accountability.

Ya know, when I heard this, I hit the roof. I mean, people in respected positions, question the handling of the situation, police get shot, and all Chief Comey can do is blame the NRA.

Something just ain't right.

Grrr... I just waited on hold for 30 minutes with NJ101.5 to give them a different view of the "19 bullets story".. as soon as they transferred me, my stupid ass cell phone cut out.. same thing happens when I call 911 on 287 for accidents which I see. The local police transfer me to the state police and somewhere in the middle, it cuts out.