1LtCAP

RED STATE BLUE STATE

12 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Why is DeSantis even debating Newsome? What purpose does it serve? 

Newsom can only be doing it because he's been running as an undeclared presidential candidate for a dozen years, and figures this will give him an edge if Biden drops out/is forced out/croaks.   Murphy must be home tonight thinking 'damn, why didn't I think of that?'  DeSantis got free air time.  And the rest of us got a circus sideshow of a debate between one candidate.

It was kinda amusing seeing bar graph after bar graph put onscreen, comparing FLA vs CA in categories of taxes,  homelessness, gas costs, unemployment, etc, with Newsom arguing that the giant bars representing CA's numbers were better than the itty-bitty bars representing Florida's numbers.   He is one slick, slimy, lying bastard.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

Why is DeSantis even debating Newsome? What purpose does it serve? 

To unwittingly help give Gavin Newsome a stage to replace Biden in 24!  Newsome was dominating DeSantis with lies which for the most part, DeSantis just laughed and said "that's a lie" but he did not counter the lies with truth!

I lost all respect for DeSantis and solidified my support for Trump, regrettably is the only answer for us now!  I say regrettably because although I am sure he will get the job done, he gets on my nerves with his ego and big mouth!  In the end, he is still a businessman where all the rest are just politicians! We need the businessman to turn this country around and the politicians can take over four years later.

• Agree 1

This is my point. It serves zero purpose for Desantis to debate Newsome. 

DeSantis has zero to gain by doing it, and it gives that communist asshole free airtime. 

No way for DeSantis to come out ahead, he shouldn’t even acknowledge the commie. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

This is my point. It serves zero purpose for Desantis to debate Newsome. 

DeSantis has zero to gain by doing it, and it gives that communist asshole free airtime. 

No way for DeSantis to come out ahead, he shouldn’t even acknowledge the commie. 

Absolutely!  Somehow, I feel DeSantis was used!

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Imagine if it was Trump standing there with Newsome!  Do you think Trump would have let Newsome get away with the lies?

he wasn't getting away with them. several times, desantis pointed out that there had been graphics shown with sources to counter the lies newsom was spewing. and dude lied after nearly EVERY graphic. the truly sad part is that simply because he kept saying "and that's a fact" too many people will believe him.

his lies about the taxes was particularly troublesome.

9 hours ago, 10X said:

He is one slick, slimy, lying bastard.

and if he tosses his hat in the ring, that's what'll get him "elected". he's pretty much a white obummer.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Absolutely!  Somehow, I feel DeSantis was used!

they both were really. i feel like fox wanted views. and with the red state vs blue state argument running hotter than the 9mm vs 45acp argument, they needed/wanted something like this. they probably figured get the gov of the biggest commie state against a well-to-do red state. desantis was the only one that took it.  desantis may have lost, newsom was exposed as a liar(irrelevant since he's a 'rat) and fox probably cleaned house with ratings for the night.

I didn't watch the debate. The author of this article is a California resident, and has some relevant facts. And contributed one new term I've not heard before but will remember and use:

Sharia-Supremacist

DeSantis/Newsom debate—Newsom lost bigtime - American Thinker

I did watch it.  My wife had elected to watch The Golden Bachelor finale upstairs, so the evening's entertainment bar had already been set pretty low.   And I had guns to clean, and a TV in the shop, so I had it on down there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's some possible inside baseball. Somebody stopped the debate. Guess who?

Sparks flew behind the scenes at the Ron DeSantis and Gavin Newsom debate (nbcnews.com)

And furthermore, on the topic of lying...

The Biggest Lies Used By Gavin Newsom In His Debate With Ron DeSantis | ZeroHedge