Downtownv

Well, at least he was magazine compliant.

Manchester man sentenced

to 20 years for drug, weapons

Jenna Calderón

Asbury Park Press

USA TODAY NETWORK – NEW JERSEY

TRENTON – A Manchester man was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison for drug trafficking and weapon possession, U.S. Attorney Philip R. Sellinger announced.

Dyshawn Moss, 42, was convicted on October 27 on five charges, including possession with intent to distribute fentanyl, possession with intent to distribute heroin, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, Sellinger said.

On May 24, 2019, authorities went to arrest Moss outside of his apartment building in Manchester, according to Sellinger. Inside his apartment, Moss had over 1,000 grams of fentanyl, over 1,300 grams of heroin, over 2,600 grams of cocaine, drug-packaging materials, over $150,000 in cash and a 9mm Taurus handgun loaded with 10 rounds of ammunition.

In addition to the prison term, Moss was sentenced to 10 years of supervised release, Sellinger said

https://asburyparkpress-nj.newsmemory.com/?token=a5573e6e4bb3349387ab145ccb71116a&cnum=56669cfa-0fdc-e311-91c7-90b11c341ce0&fod=1111111STD-0&selDate=20231201&licenseType=paid_subscriber&for-guid=4daba073-fd34-43b2-ad88-5f7ae8561c2b&utm_source=asburyparkpress-dailybriefing-strada&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailybriefing-headline-stack&utm_term=Header+Nav&utm_content=papp-asburypark-nletter65

• Haha 1

Over a kilo of fentanyl?  WTF!  2-3 mg is a fatal dose, so a kilo could kill close to 500,000 people.

A 20 year sentence doesn't seem like it's enough.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 12/1/2023 at 8:16 AM, 10X said:

Over a kilo of fentanyl?  WTF!  2-3 mg is a fatal dose, so a kilo could kill close to 500,000 people.

A 20 year sentence doesn't seem like it's enough.

About 30 years ago I went to a DEA school.  Part of the training was a block of instruction was from a DEA chemist. Fenatyl was around but not as prevalent.  He told us that 7 grains of salt, if it were Fenatyl, would be fatal.  Not sure of the weight but I remember that.

14 hours ago, Vicious said:

They should test the gun. It’s a Taurus. If it doesn’t work they should drop the charge.

I've had Taurus' for 35 years.  Never had an issue.  Carried one as a duty gun.  I have several 1911s.  If I carry one it's the Taurus. My EDC is a Taurus.

I can't understand all this Taurus hate.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I've had Taurus' for 35 years.  Never had an issue.  Carried one as a duty gun.  I have several 1911s.  If I carry one it's the Taurus. My EDC is a Taurus.

I have a Taurus model 66 revolver. What an ungodly POS. The cylinder timing is so far out of whack I’d be scared to shoot it. 

It’s covered under the ‘lifetime’ warranty, but I won’t send it in, as a reminder to never to buy a Taurus again. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I have a Taurus model 66 revolver. What an ungodly POS. The cylinder timing is so far out of whack I’d be scared to shoot it. 

It’s covered under the ‘lifetime’ warranty, but I won’t send it in, as a reminder to never to buy a Taurus again. 

Okay, I've seen S&Ws with many issues.

21 hours ago, GRIZ said:

That was meant as a little joke because Taurus is not particularly known for quality and reliability.

I have no firsthand experience, but after following some Reddit posts and a few forums (over a decade), I choose to steer clear. I’m glad you had a good experience, but you would (at least from my perspective) appear to be the exception and not the rule.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Now that this has completely gone off topic…

In all fairness to Taurus, the Beretta 92 clones were known to be pretty good. 

@Displaced Texan that's what I carried as a duty gun from 1989 to about 1993. A PT99AF with adjustable sights.  During that time the only problem I has was the rear sight leaf broke.  Sent it back with about a 2 week turnaround. I put about 10,000 rds through it and it's still running strong.

Bought a 669 (S&W M19 clone) about the same time. I've put more than 6000 rds of full magnums through it.  Still tight.  I've seen personally S&W M66s go out of time at 1500 rds and one blowing out its cylinder at 400 rds.

Our personal experience is the biggest factor in forming our opinions.