xXxplosive

So What About The Ammo.........

Here's a comment by a gentlemen from another thread who actually had to defend himself with his CCW.....I'm well aware of the few types of ammo that the State says is approved for use in NJ......but what happens in a court room when the DA get the case.....here is his quote speaking of Hornady Critical Duty vs Critical Defense...how much does the marketing by the Ammo Manufactures have to do with what happens.....IMO, a Jersey DA would have a field day with ie, Underwood "Extreme penetrator" or something similar........what say you.

Quote: "The only issue was after when I got raked over the coals for using "duty" instead of "defense" in a civilian capacity. My lawyer dealt with it, but the question was raised, because the overwhelming majority of people evaluating every single thing you said or chose have zero understanding about ANY of this stuff".

12 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

H....but what happens in a court room when the DA get the case..... .

Didn't see the other thread.

I guess  "but what happens in a court room when the DA get the case" means the CCW holder was charged with something?

5 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

wasn't charged but went down every rabbit trail even ammo brand / adv. name, etc.....

People don't face the DA in court unless they have been charged with something. I smell something fishy about this story.

• Agree 2

If a prosecutor is scrutinizing the ammo you used (as long as it's legal for you to use) there's something fishy in your case.  You don't need a :"gun lawyer" you need a good criminal defense lawyer.  He or she will do their utmost to ensure the case never goes to trial.

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

Well in one of the vids I've seen apparently a few copper rounds in some cases defeat body armor out of a 9mm....I dunno, but I do know no armor penetrating rounds in NJ along with JHP and others............

armor piercing ammo isn't determined by result, but by definition

"gg. “Armor piercing ammunition” means: (1) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and is constructed entirely, excluding the presence of traces of other substances, from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or (2) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile. “Armor piercing ammunition” shall not include shotgun shot required by federal or State environmental or game regulations for hunting purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target shooting, a projectile which the United States Attorney General finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other projectile or projectile core which the United States Attorney General finds is intended to be used for industrial purposes, including a charge used in an oil gas well perforating device"

That happens to largely meet the federal definition, so odds are whatever 9mm it may be is just considered normal 9mm ammo. 

24 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

armor piercing ammo isn't determined by result, but by definition

"gg. “Armor piercing ammunition” means: (1) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and is constructed entirely, excluding the presence of traces of other substances, from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or (2) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile. “Armor piercing ammunition” shall not include shotgun shot required by federal or State environmental or game regulations for hunting purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target shooting, a projectile which the United States Attorney General finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other projectile or projectile core which the United States Attorney General finds is intended to be used for industrial purposes, including a charge used in an oil gas well perforating device"

So isn't that what I said...........all / solid Copper.

• FacePalm 1

25 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

beryllium copper,

Beryllium copper is not the same as copper. Copper is soft and beryllium copper is very hard and very expensive. They are not making bullets of it!  Copper is GTG for ammo in NJ.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

So isn't that what I said...........all / solid Copper.

No it isn't.

Solid copper is 100% copper.

Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc.

Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin.

Beryllium copper is an alloy of copper and beryllium.

All 4 have copper in them. Only 3 are prohibited. One is not.