Sign in to follow this  
Lublin

2 burglars shot by home owner in the Bronx

It was on the news this morning. Homeowner wrestles a gun away from one of four invaders and shoots. One shot dead in the entrance hall, the other wounded outside by 2 shots as he tried to run away, 2 escape. I didn't see any spin on the circumstances, as it was early and the story was still developing, but I won't be surprised if the homeowner gets the short end of this one. Ya don't shoot people running away. It's New York, not Texas.

It was on the news this morning. Homeowner wrestles a gun away from one of four invaders and shoots. One shot dead in the entrance hall, the other wounded outside by 2 shots as he tried to run away, 2 escape. I didn't see any spin on the circumstances, as it was early and the story was still developing, but I won't be surprised if the homeowner gets the short end of this one. Ya don't shoot people running away. It's New York, not Texas.

That's the info I was waiting for.

Definitely agree with your statement about not shooting people that are running away. This can get ugly.

Why? I would... Just put the rabid dog down once and for all.

If you're threatened and have to shoot, you shoot until the threat is stopped. A person running away from you is no threat. Any more than that is criminal, and rightly so.

If you're threatened and have to shoot, you shoot until the threat is stopped. A person running away from you is no threat. Any more than that is criminal, and rightly so.

"I did not know if Actor 2 was running to get a weapon and would return. I was overcome by the situation and acted to eliminate any threat..."

At least that's what I would say.

If you're threatened and have to shoot, you shoot until the threat is stopped.

+100

While some part of you(and me!) would might wish these vermin removed from the gene pool, you become a criminal once the threat is over and you're still firing. There are also profound psychological issues that occur when you take someone's life. It may not seem like it now, but unless you're a hardened psychopath, you will go through them, specially if it was anything less than a clean shoot. Best to take out the threat and stand down.

Why? The man committed one criminal act by threatening you in the first place, am I to expect he is going to run home and pray to Jesus and turn his life around? Criminals do not deserve to "live to crime another day", they do not deserve compassion.

But, knowing how much of a giant vagina our "Western" Civilization is becoming, I can see why there is the opposing viewpoint.

"I did not know if Actor 2 was running to get a weapon and would return. I was overcome by the situation and acted to eliminate any threat..."

At least that's what I would say.

Don't say anything but I feared for my life, where's my attorney?

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/home.invas ... 03960.html

An apparent home invasion took a deadly turn Tuesday morning.

The owner of the targeted home turned the tables on two of the four would-be robbers just after midnight in the Wakefield section of the Bronx.

Police said Ivy Skeffery, of 1704 Bussing Avenue, managed to wrestle a gun away from one of the four black male intruders before shooting two of them inside the home.

One of the suspects was announced dead at the scene, and another is in stable condition at Jacobi Hospital.

According to police, the attempted home invasion occurred shortly after midnight.

A neighbor of the typically hard-working, quiet residential community expressed shock after hearing the news from CBS 2 HD.

"Wow," said Sandra. "Very brave. He's hard working, quiet, hard working guy."

Now I wonder if it makes a difference that there was 1 homeowner and 4 actors??

life, where's my attorney?

It would take a hell of an attorney to get you out this. Midnight, dark, in the Bronx, shooting down a residential street at a fleeing man with a gun that isn't yours and that you're totally unfamiliar with. Even I would vote guilty.

life, where's my attorney?

It would take a hell of an attorney to get you out this. Midnight, dark, in the Bronx, shooting down a residential street at a fleeing man with a gun that isn't yours and that you're totally unfamiliar with. Even I would vote guilty.

before shooting two of them inside the home.

??????

It's a developing story. When I heard it at 5:00AM, it was one dead in the entrance hall, and the second outside on the walkway, shot 2 times, once in the back, and once in the head. If both in the house, then okay by me, but the back shot is going to be a sticky wicket.

What i am afraid of.

In most places you are not supposed to go run after, or shoot the criminal in the back.

Guy deserves a medal for the first act.... but afraid he will get caught up on the second simply due to the adrenaline.

yeah, he wont be convicted

Bernard Goetz had a ILLEGAL gun he was patroling the subways with and got less than a year in jail after shooting his attackers. this guy wrestled away a weapon and then used it against the mutts that invaded his home. No jury will convict him.

We'll see

Maybe, but it's just as likely that we'll hear no more about this once this news cycle passes, or sooner if another celebrity stubs their toe.