tbtrout

Northern Shoot

Chad and I are planning on a road trip to meet a few of our Northern Members for a shoot towards the end of August if we can agree on a date. Who is in and what is a good date? more importantly, how many people can show up at your range up there?

I look forward to meeting you guys.

Set the date and I'll be there. As far as capacity goes, we don't have enough members to make a difference at Cherry Ridge. There are probably 175 or more shooting positions in total across the various ranges, and when the range is crowded, guests are expected to share a shooting position with their host. Bring as many as want to come... all are welcome here in the great Northern Frontier.

K

$25.00 per guest for the full day. Bring your own everything (targets, ammo, food and beverage) I have an extra target frame, and I can probably make a couple more before the big day. Paper targets only at the handgun and rifle ranges, paper or silo type targets only at the rimfire range, no caliber restrictions except no buckshot anywhere.

There's a thing on the 22nd in green on the 100yd range. There will be ports but the range condition(hot/cold) is under the person running that match.

22 100 Benchrest Match 8:30 - 2 BW

22 CH/100 Women's Day Rifle Follow-up 8:30 - 2 SS

$25.00 per guest for the full day. Bring your own everything (targets, ammo, food and beverage) I have an extra target frame, and I can probably make a couple more before the big day. Paper targets only at the handgun and rifle ranges, paper or silo type targets only at the rimfire range, no caliber restrictions except no buckshot anywhere.

Ken.... Will they allow my PVC frame there? If not I will just buy one of their's since most likely I will become a member there in the near future....

Ken.... Will they allow my PVC frame there? If not I will just buy one of their's since most likely I will become a member there in the near future....

Wooden frames only. I think it's in the hard copy you get when you sign up. If you intend to join, just buy one. I've shot mine all up and it's still good enough after at least 2000 rounds at it. Well worth it unless you've got the saws and lumber handy to just knock it out.

Will they allow my PVC frame there? If not I will just buy one of their's since most likely I will become a member there in the near future....

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Only buy theirs if you feel compelled to support them with your wallet. They get $25 for the frames there, and you can put one together in about half an hour for about $8 all in. And when it gets shot up (and it will) just throw together a new one.

Will they allow my PVC frame there? If not I will just buy one of their's since most likely I will become a member there in the near future....

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Only buy theirs if you feel compelled to support them with your wallet. They get $25 for the frames there, and you can put one together in about half an hour for about $8 all in. And when it gets shot up (and it will) just throw together a new one.

OK..... Cool....

I sent Cherry Ridge an email because I want to become a life member but I can't make the August 2nd orientation. Hopefully they'll let me come in on a different day so I don't have to wait until September 6th. :|

They only process memberships once a month I'm afraid. The safety meeting is pretty much what we told you anyway. Uncase guns at the line, no touching of guns during a cease fire, muzzles always down range...etc.

As an aside...

I went to Kent State University. Some of the freshman/sophomore lecture classes would have 50-250 people in them. I always thought it was odd that I never saw those football players on test day but gosh if they didn't get an A.

We're trying, There is a lot to pack into summer with the kids and trying to have fun and yardwork and shooting and, hell you get the idea. My wife may even come out to play if we find a sitter..

Sounds like the 23rd would be better so far. We have to wait for the others to chime in.

I will be away.... but have fun. =)

Unacceptable.

I was supposed to be away that weekend and cancelled due to this get together.

I will be in Israel and Ukraine from the 16th till the 5th. =P

Acceptable only if you bring back a Dragunov or RVT40 for me. 8-)

Sounds like this will be a fun meetup and relatively close to me. Unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on how you look at it :)) I'll be at the MDTS Shotgun class on the 22nd, and may or may not be able to walk upright by the 23rd :lol: I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what day you guys decide on

Sounds like this will be a fun meetup and relatively close to me. Unfortunately, (or fortunately depending on how you look at it :)) I'll be at the MDTS Shotgun class on the 22nd, and may or may not be able to walk upright by the 23rd :lol: I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what day you guys decide on

I would be more concerned about the shoulder still being attached. =P