JonF

Any motorsports racers here?

Since we're a small community here of diverse interests, i imagine some of us might even be fellow racers in some common venue.

So whats your motorsport? Track days/HPDE? Bikes? Drag? Autox? Club racing?

I have been autocrossing in some regard since the late 90's. For the past 8 years that i've been back in NJ, i've raced with most of the clubs in the central/northern NJ area.

2003-11-01-SCCA-Etown-06.jpg

etown_autox_5-23-09_4.jpg

etown_autox_5-9-09_1.jpg

the drags at etown.

93 patriot red z28. 350 v8, 3.73, complete intake, exhaust, tuning, suspension. did not lift the valve covers.

But alas... it is now sold.

though those new camaro's are messing with my head.

Yeahhhhhhh cars are bad!

02 WRX up pipe, down pipe, full cat back, cobb ecu a bunch of suspension crap rims and tires blah blah blah

It's now on its third transmission and is now stock to be sold. That hobby got expensive REAL QUICK.

Also had an 85 Chevy s-10 with a worked over chevy 350 putting out just about 400 to the wheels, 3 speed on the floor, posi rear, hooker headers with no cat and not muffler just glass packs one of the most fun vehicles I ever owned add that with owning it at 17 made it even more fun. Nothing like just standing on the brake and mashing the throttle and watching tires disappear :)

Now I have a jeep that I sink all my money into which is just as bad if not worse than cars. And I'm actually thinking about selling the WRX and the Jeep to get back into a newer sportier car I think. I never learn.

Yeahhhhhhh cars are bad!

02 WRX up pipe, down pipe, full cat back, cobb ecu a bunch of suspension crap rims and tires blah blah blah

It's now on its third transmission and is now stock to be sold. That hobby got expensive REAL QUICK.

Also had an 85 Chevy s-10 with a worked over chevy 350 putting out just about 400 to the wheels, 3 speed on the floor, posi rear, hooker headers with no cat and not muffler just glass packs one of the most fun vehicles I ever owned add that with owning it at 17 made it even more fun. Nothing like just standing on the brake and mashing the throttle and watching tires disappear :)

Now I have a jeep that I sink all my money into which is just as bad if not worse than cars. And I'm actually thinking about selling the WRX and the Jeep to get back into a newer sportier car I think. I never learn.

I hear an svt lightning calling your name... cheap now... and image what a pulley change will do. =)

though a 2.7t audi a6 is only an apr tune away from being a quattro sleeper.

Did a little Auto-X for three years with my son. Englishtown, Giant's Stadium, Rome NY, Nassau Colliseum, Pocono Raceway. Let's see, three year class champs SCCA, 3 year class champs NASA, 2 years overall champs NASA, 53 events, 52 trophies. Lots of fun! I highly recommend it!

dad3wheeling.jpg

dadflippingcone.jpg

dad.jpg

dad040305.jpg

we race garvey's I started out in 1989 with the chadwick racing team building their engines, i grew up with them, in 2004 i purchased my own for my son to race and put bill and danny chadwick as driver and co-pilot to get the boat ready when tony turned 18. the combined team was a great sucess started mid season in 04 and went on to win the championship, 05 produced the same results, in 06 the boy starts his racing career finishes second in points.

07-08 the boy has been class champ. 08 we purchased another garvey and put my som mike in the drivers seat, started mid season and finished 3rd in class, he is doing well this season and is currently in 3rd in his class.

extreme G-127 TONY

boat3.jpg

extreme G-227 MIKEY

MIKEYSBOATDONE002.jpg

EXTREME g-127 VID 3RD RACE CHATANOOGA TN.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/extr ... 143749.htm

Maks don't put ideas in my head, if i didn't hate fords so much I would actually think about buying one lol

And I'll never own and Audi they are the worlds biggest pos and are a pain in the balls to fix, and the parts are 10x too expensive.

Yeahhhhhhh cars are bad!

If you need any interior plastic or hvac parts, i still have a bunch from my 02 WRX. :lol: I parted it out down to bare chassis after an incident and still have a few things left over.

6 years ago I had picked up a basic stripped down 4-cyl 96 S-dime thinking i'll eventually put an LSx in it but as the eyars went by, the trucks' condition deteriorated and wasn't really worthy of such a transplant any longer. I still have the conversion manual though!

hmmmmmm *thinks what is beat up in his car right now*

you wouldn't happen to have black side skirts would you, my one is totally busted beyond belief and they are wayyyyy to expensive!

Maybe the glove box compartment door I think mind is scratched as well.

bunch of gear heads here..........gotta luv the smell of racing fuel...

I raced a prostock at wall stadium till the track closed a few yrs ago

now I just cant afford it...drove a bush car at Dover once in 98'-99

logged many laps there, ...

still have my nascar lic. just incase I find a sponser....

I ran a national sports car racing body for a few years, but it was very stressful.

More recently, I've completed the Targa Newfoundland 4 times in the past 5 years, getting as high as 8th place overall.

I also raced in BMW CCA Club Racing for around 10 years, finishing about 60 races around the country. I have two race cars at home that need some work; I haven't been to the track except to instruct at driving schools for a year or two.

Yeahhh I wish I had the money to do some actual competition racing. That would of been nice. Maybe someday in the future. I wouldn't mind getting into one of those Miata classes. I hear its fairly on the cheap side, and throwing around a matchbox size car has to be some good fun :)

I have been into drag racing for about 11yrs. Just as a hobby but my Uncle and I are putting together a car to run in a points league either at Atco or Englishtown.

Built mainly Older Pontiac muscle cars but have I have done some extensive work with mustangs and dodge trucks. Currently working on my own twin turbo mustang.

-Scott

I hear an svt lightning calling your name... cheap now... and image what a pulley change will do. =)

What year? How much? Mileage? Color? Any work done to it Max? Any pics?

Always been a forced induction ford fan. Was working on a 2003 Cobra till we split the rearend and sold it.

-Scott

I have been into drag racing for about 11yrs. Just as a hobby but my Uncle and I are putting together a car to run in a points league either at Atco or Englishtown.

Built mainly Older Pontiac muscle cars but have I have done some extensive work with mustangs and dodge trucks. Currently working on my own twin turbo mustang.

-Scott

About 8 years ago or so their was a twin turbo mustang running at atco, it was a fast car when it would stay together.. it was a 347 cid motor and that thing would get it..

What year? How much? Mileage? Color? Any work done to it Max? Any pics?

Always been a forced induction ford fan. Was working on a 2003 Cobra till we split the rearend and sold it.

-Scott

lol, scott, dont have them... was just giving some ideas. =)

So tonight I was hanging with a buddy, and a buddy of his came by with his 69 Camaro SS and low and behold we sat and bsed for the next 4 hours about cars. Now all I can think about is getting back into a sports care. BUHHH I don't need another hobby again, someone smack some sense into me.... (Ken, Chad, heres your chance :) lol )

Have not had it to the track yet, but I will hopefully have some times this fall.

1964 Chevelle SS Convertible. 327/4speed. Makes ballpark a little over 400 horses.

IMG_0574.jpg

I do some off-roading, my daily driver is a 97 Ram 2500 5.9 Gas motor. 177,000 original miles so its been sitting the bench lately with the off roading.

IMG_0073.jpg

I picked up a 88 Dodge RamCharger a few months ago, that I am in the middle of building an engine for it. 55k original miles on it, but the motor makes noise, so its getting a mild 360.

Ive also got a 63 Chevy II Nova that someday when money allows, I will be racing it down at atco a bit. Also a 63 Dodge D100 Panel truck. Its already been fitted with a 440/4speed however, like anything else...money wont let that be done for a while either.

Nice subies for the win! :mrgreen:

Sadly I haven't done any motor sports with my car yet, tuning them can get quite expensive and I'm waiting for my car to fall out of warranty before I go crazy. Personally I like Auto-X and Rally.

Got a 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i. Right now the only mod is the 08 WRX cat-back swap, but i'm hoping to do some suspension work (rims, tires, springs, sway bars, and strut bars) and light engine work (ecu retune, lightened crank pulley, intake).

I've been doing the drag racing thing with Pat Musi for about 19years. Sorry i missed the tuesday nite thing but I was bringin a 737ci engine to Jerry Bickel's shop in Moscow Mills Mo. Pat is having a pro mod dodge stratus being built so that we could go out and kick some #ss! Pat had a 69 pro street Camaro ss, a 99 Firebird,a63 split window vette,an 08GTO and they all were record breakers! the new car will also break records! look out for us @fasteststreetcars.com or nmca.com!