matt6669

The North is really starting to Shape up!

Well it was a gorgeous day for shooting, and gorgeous it turned out.

Around 12:30 Ken, Richie, Mark (Mal), Troy (67gt...), Pete (Caine), and myself all met up at the Ridge. We went over toe the .22 range and blasted a bunch of rounds. It was like a swarm of bee's when we showed up at the .22 cal range it was a good showing. It also turns out and I apologize is advance because I already forgot your name, but there was already another NJGF member there already.

Then at 2pm the group got even bigger. Tom(nj tom), Dave (FOK) and two other gentlemen, I apologize in advance because I have also forgot your names. I'm terrible with names.

Anyway it turned out to be 10 people showed up I believe for the monthly clay bird meet and shoot we did. I know the group shooting on Tom's thrower went through 4 boxes of clays and we even set up a little fun tournament and it turned out Tom and Richie tied for first place with getting 20 out of 25 so that was pretty cool.

I do want to give a big thanks to Tom for bringing the electronic thrower and also supplying two boxes of clays. Tom that thrower is awesome, and those two pieces of art you brought were awesome as well. You really are trying to empty my pockets :) But once again, thanks again for coming and supplying us with some stuff your a gentleman and a scholar and you even gave me some tips to improve my shooting and they definitely helped so THANKS!! I got your clay birds when you come back from vacation.

I also want to give a shout out to everyone else that showed up. Without you guys there would be no Monthly meet and it is great getting out and meeting a bunch of you guys, shootin the BS and also trying to find ways to recruit new members so that we can challange the South with their awesome turnouts they get on tuesdays at BA.

So for all you boys who arn't members at the ridge yet, I hope to see you there the first sunday of next month. For you guys that don't have shotguns, I hope we showed you an excellent time, and I hope to see you out there next time with a shotty in your hands.

Last but not lease, but sorry Dan, I gotta say it, you missed an AMAZING time. But no worries, next month will be even better, so make sure your calendar is free!

Big mouth Matt signing off to go clean some guns!

PS if I missed anyone I am terribly sorry, my brain is in 24 places at once and my memory isn't too good these days at the whopping age of 24, so I do apol0gize in advance.

PSS I believe Ken will be positing a picture of the group turnout!

What an awesome time....!!!!!

Thank you Ken for signing me in.....and letting me use your shotguns...... I admit, I will be getting one!!

I WILL be there for the membership Sunday in Sept.....

Great group of guys.....

..... thanks for all your patience as I fumbled with the shotguns and the advice I got....

Oh... and as promised..... latest photos of GTO after paintjob.... I just need to reinstall interior

71809.jpg

AWESOME TIME!

Thanks to all that showed and for the great attitudes everyone had. I'll be a Cherry Ridge member next month. :mrgreen:

Time to go clean my guns and ice my shoulder. 60 rounds with 12 gauge and 100 rounds with the Mosin has got me sore. :oops:

What a great day!! Good company, great weather and outstanding shooting.

Thanks to all who made it the big fun it was.

By name:

Tom, thanks for bringing the thrower, and the sisters. That was huge fun.

Matt, Mark, Richie, good times again

Troy, Pete, Ed, Zach, thanks for coming, and I expect you there each time we do this.

Dave S., I know you won't see this, but thanks for coming.

The folks that I didn't meet at the silo range, hi, and welcome to the group.

I think that's everyone, except the R.O.'s at CR. Nice guys and they manage an outstanding facility.

Dan, you missed a good, no, a great day.

The new gun shoots well, but I suck with it. I'll get better, but it's still easier with the short barrel on the Mossberg. Practice, practice. practice.

The camera and guns are still in the car, the rain started just after we left, and it's still coming. I'll try to get the pix up tonite. but tomorrow at the latest. I'm sore and hungry. Later.

Ken

Troy, nice paint job.

AWESOME TIME!

Thanks to all that showed and for the great attitudes everyone had. I'll be a Cherry Ridge member next month. :mrgreen:

Time to go clean my guns and ice my shoulder. 60 rounds with 12 gauge and 100 rounds with the Mosin has got me sore. :oops:

100 round with the Mosin?!? You're nuts! But i knew that already you being a tri-athlete.

Troy that GTO is GORGEOUS I am quite jealous. I think you should bring it to the ridge next time :) haha

Ken I can't wait to see the mugshot that we took, it should be just awesome!

And Richie, if you arn't there on the first sunday, I might just actually laugh at you. You have spent about half the price of a full membership in guest fee's. That range sure loves you for your contribution.

Troy that GTO is GORGEOUS I am quite jealous. I think you should bring it to the ridge next time :) haha

Ken I can't wait to see the mugshot that we took, it should be just awesome!

And Richie, if you arn't there on the first sunday, I might just actually laugh at you. You have spent about half the price of a full membership in guest fee's. That range sure loves you for your contribution.

I agree!

What a GREAT time! Big thanks to everyone that showed up and welcomed the new guys (like me)!

I, of course, was in the wrong parking lot :lol: but after a quick call to Mark (Malsua), I got my bearings, and found the rest of the group. The .22 shooting was fun, but not surprisingly with me, I couldn't hit a damned thing. Paper at 7 yards is much different than tiny spinners at what seemed like 100 yards! (it was prob more like 15yards, but still lol). Mark's Ruger .22 was sweet and a fun little plinker!

Finally got to shoot my AR that I've had for months. My eyes suck, I can't shoot and I think the gun is zeroed to 300 yrds from the factory, and, unfortunately, I did a number on Mark's target frame as a result :oops: I really need to buy a spotting scope so I can see where my rounds are going. Getting pelted by the empty cases rocketing out of Ed's mini14 was interesting :lol:

But, the highlight of the show, was the clay shoot. I've shot a 12g shotgun once before when I was like 16... that was 18 years ago. I was a bit apprehensive about using my HD shotguns for clay shooting with their 18.5" barrels, but, all things considered, I was happy with them. I missed quite a bit more than I hit, but the fact that I hit at all surprised me :) There are some seriously good clay shooters in the North Jersey crew! (atleast to my novice eyes) Tom's shotguns were a blast to shoot and I think we all want to buy our own. Mark's 500 and Ken's 500 (set up as an HD gun) were also fun. Tom's thrower was awesome!

Anyway, I'm rambling. It was really great meeting everyone. I'm not really the chatty type, so if I seemed stand off-ish at times, I apologize. I was just taking everything in.

I'd like to give a special thank you to Mark who not only signed me in, but let me use his targets and just generally kept an eye on me and showed me the ropes.

I look forward to the next one

-Pete

P.S. Love the car Troy!

I can only echo what others have said before me, it was an AWESOME DAY. New friends, great company and a lot of fun shooting. I look forward to next month. Thank you everybody! :D

You better be there, I owe you some clay birds :)

Glad everyone had a good time, and that this monthly shoot is really starting to shape up into some awesome.

TB, what do you think, you and chad going to come up for the September shoot possibly????

We had 10 this month, I'd really like to see between 13-15 North guys, and maybe some south guys if they are interested in the drive. I might actually head out to BA this tuesday but I really don't want to shoot the .40 so who knows. We shall see.

I wish I had kept some pictures of my sister's GTO. 1970, RamAirIV 400 ci, M22 four speed and a 3.55 rear. But who cared. Gas was all of 50 cents a gallon.

The day it was delivered the rims can off and American wheel went on with wider tires. I learned to drive stick on it although it wasn't that hard with that much power.

She regrets selling it to this day.

By the way, are they factory rims on it? they look slightly different.

I wish I had kept some pictures of my sister's GTO. 1970, RamAirIV 400 ci, M22 four speed and a 3.55 rear. But who cared. Gas was all of 50 cents a gallon.

The day it was delivered the rims can off and American wheel went on with wider tires. I learned to drive stick on it although it wasn't that hard with that much power.

She regrets selling it to this day.

By the way, are they factory rims on it? they look slightly different.

They are 15" Pontiac Rally I's ..... but done in Chrome :twisted:

Okay, unlike the BA shoot group, whose word we can only take when they say how many joined in, WE HAVE PICTURES!

Top Row:

Richie, Matt, Ed, Dave S. (FOK), Mark, Tom

Bottom Row:

Ken, Troy, Zach (Son of Ed), Pete

And, before you ask, yeah, that's a bandolier across Dave's chest. I don't know why.

Don't worry Ken, the south is jealous of our Awesomeness!!

But on a more serious note, I really hope sometime in the near future we can get a combined group shoot for all of NJGF guys. We do enjoy busting on each other but it really would be nice if we could get the whole family together for a shoot, but I'd even settle for just a get together we some Beer and some food. It really would be nice to meet all these other guys I've been talking to for some long, but never getting to put a face to a name.

So who is already thinking about next month??? I know I am LOL

We need to put together a big group meet. Up north, down south, doesn't matter. I don't know where we could show up with a group of 20, 30, or more with all our toys, but that would be a hell of a time. Gotta schedule an early start.

Matt, get on that right away. You did such a good job inspiring all of us northern guys, you may have the honor of putting this one together.

I'm already looking forward to the next meetup. I may have to practice some with Godzilla before then.

K

Don't worry Ken, I am going to be getting stuff in the works. We might even have to take the Monthly Clay meet on the road if it means meeting up with these fabled southern guys. I'm not even sure if these guys even shoot. I mean they sure do a lot of talking, but I havn't seen any proof yet so who knows :) haha

Ken I think your just not use to the length. Thats a lot of gun you got there. And its an extremely robust gun I think you just need to get use to it. I can tell you one thing, you don't have to worry about that thing breaking, that thing is built like a tank :) I have a feeling your going to love it in the long run. It really is a nice shooter and I enjoyed shooting it, but I must say, Tom's guns win hands down out of all the shotties there today. Shooting those guys were the most enjoyable shooting I have yet to date.

hi guys. i was the guy that was there before everyone showed up. unfortunately i had to leave and didnt get a chance to say hi to everyone before i left. i'll hopefully make the next one. i was shooting my p229 22lr on the range when everyone showed up. i dont think i hit one target. handguns on that range are just real hard to do. hopefully i can make it next time

hi guys. i was the guy that was there before everyone showed up. unfortunately i had to leave and didnt get a chance to say hi to everyone before i left. i'll hopefully make the next one. i was shooting my p229 22lr on the range when everyone showed up. i dont think i hit one target. handguns on that range are just real hard to do. hopefully i can make it next time

Good running into you and your wife, Bill!

Keep an eye out for the next Cherry Ridge meet. I'll definitely be there September 6th for new member orientation and shooting.