DevsAdvocate

Hi-Power versus Beretta 92F

If you had to choose between the King of 9s, and the weapon that is used by our Military... which would you go for?

The hi-power has a lot of history to it, and from what I've hear, is a great handgun. Basically, the 1911 of the 9mm.

The 92F is also a well designed piece. Kinda big, but simple, strong, and a great track record.

So what do you think?

I would pick BHP any day of the week.

but this is kind of like asking what is better, a BMW or Mercedes, where the rest are chinese. lol. jk

Both are phoenominal firearms. I learned to shoot on the 92fs... and it is a great firearm... but the BHP just does it for me in terms of looks, and how it shoots.... and how it fits.

but I am talking the BHP Mark 3 model revisions. =)

I have both. I LOVE the BHP because my fat stubby hands fit nicely around its thin frame. I jsut recently got it, so the "newness" has not worn off yet.

I have had the 92FS (Inox?) since 2002. It was one of my first two guns (the 686 being the other) that I first bought when I got my FID and my permits. My friend who went wit hme adn showed me the way regarding guns has a blued one that is 20+ years old and runs like a champion.

My friend has been using my Beretta since he is awaiting permits, and he just loves it. He thinks its just the perfect gun. I do love it and its dirty as shit and still popping out the caps. Im cleaning it this weekend

The Beretta is a few hundred bucks cheaper as well

I like having them both as my 9MM choices :D

I have both. I LOVE the BHP because my fat stubby hands fit nicely around its thin frame. I jsut recently got it, so the "newness" has not worn off yet.

I have had the 92FS (Inox?) since 2002. It was one of my first two guns (the 686 being the other) that I first bought when I got my FID and my permits. My friend who went wit hme adn showed me the way regarding guns has a blued one that is 20+ years old and runs like a champion.

My friend has been using my Beretta since he is awaiting permits, and he just loves it. He thinks its just the perfect gun. I do love it and its dirty as **** and still popping out the caps. Im cleaning it this weekend

How are you enjoying it tiny? You did get the one you ordered in black right? Not the friggin camo color?

My friend has been using my Beretta since he is awaiting permits, and he just loves it. He thinks its just the perfect gun. I do love it and its dirty as **** and still popping out the caps. Im cleaning it this weekend

How are you enjoying it tiny? You did get the one you ordered in black right? Not the friggin camo color?

ya I got the black one and its aweosme

If you ever grace our presence again you can shoot it. have you shot the Beretta 380 yet? I tihnk you did, and the Uberti 45LC?

Newest addition is the FN 5.7. got it last night, shot it today, and LOVE it. I can actually hit the target occassionally with it too!

I think my last permit is going to the S&W 460 though. that will be a whole lotta fun!

If you had to choose between the King of 9s, and the weapon that is used by our Military... which would you go for?

The hi-power has a lot of history to it, and from what I've hear, is a great handgun. Basically, the 1911 of the 9mm.

The 92F is also a well designed piece. Kinda big, but simple, strong, and a great track record.

So what do you think?

What about the Sigy 226?

The Beretta 92 is superior to the the antiquated HP. The brass ejects up and over your head so it's perfect for a right or left hand shooter. It's also a double action and field strips like a Walther P-38. It also holds two more rounds in a standard magazine.

And yes I own both.

I own both as well and love'em equally. I really couldn't pick a favorite becuase they both feel good in my hand, shoot were I aim, and are reliable. If you had to pick one than go with the Hi-Power for the simple fact that if you had to resell it, you'd at least make most of your money back. There's a million 92s all over the place so noone is really searching for them.

I own both as well and love'em equally. I really couldn't pick a favorite becuase they both feel good in my hand, shoot were I aim, and are reliable. If you had to pick one than go with the Hi-Power for the simple fact that if you had to resell it, you'd at least make most of your money back. There's a million 92s all over the place so noone is really searching for them.

Not to mention plenty of quality mainstream 92fs knockoffs.... ie Taurus.

I'm surprised, I always thought BHPs were cheaper than Berretas. I saw one at NJ Firearms Guild a month or 3 ago, and it was going for about $550.

It didn't have the adjustable sights, but it has the black grip.

Do they make night sights for the BHP?

The Hi Power needs more work out of the box if it's new, and costs a few hundred more too. They all have the magazine safety disconnect that negatively affects trigger pull. The first thing gunsmiths do is remove the mag safety.

beretta hands down. ive had both for 15yrs or so. my beretta fits like a dream, and i think its the most beautiful pistol ever made. and yet, as rugged as she is pretty. my HP is the 2 tone, black over silver with the factory rubber wrap around hogue grip. great gun, still, but a little small for my hand.

not to mention its very hard to find quality mags for the browning. you can find factory or factory quality beretta mags much, much cheaper.

I own a Beretta 92FS (actually, it's my wife's) and I've owned and sold a FN BHP.

Beretta -

Super sexy gun that was one of the high cap 9mm's that became popular in the 80's. I find the grip a little too big, especially for DA shooting. Very accurate. Sights are better for fine shooting vs. fast defensive shooting. Like the takedown / fieldstrip method. Chrome lined barrel and chamber and very reliable. It's rare I read about this model having reliability problems. Not a fan of the frame mounted safety/decocker. Hardly ever shoot this pistol anymore. For this type of gun (high cap 9mm DA/SA), I prefer the Sig P226 or HK USP / P30/L.

Browning High Power -

The original high cap 9mm. Up until the 80's, this was probably the most used pistol in the world. You look and hold this pistol and wonder, how can a design from the 30's be so much more compact and ergonomic than the majority of pistols produced today, including the Beretta 92SF. Ergonomics are EXCELLENT!!! 15 round flush fitting mags are easily gettable. I so wanted to love this pistol. It's slim, compact, yet has a 4.5" barrel, has good to great accuracy, as mentioned, the great ergo's.... but.... It has the WORST trigger pull I've ever felt on any pistol. And yes, I removed the mag disconnect and the trigger still sucked. The trigger is a thin metal blade and has a feel that's synomymous with a crappy toy or BB gun. I understand Cylinder & Slide has an aftermarket trigger that is considerably wider and smoother than stock. Also, yes, the hammer bite. I have mediumish hands, but have a meaty area between thumb and index finger, that would hang over the tang of the beavertail (should really be called mousetail since it's so small). I like to hold very high in my grip, so of course every shot was an excercise is masochism. I understand there are aftermarket hammers that fix this. I didn't want to be bothered w/ the "fixing" of the pistol to get it right and I swapped it for a SA 1911 Loaded. I'd love to shoot a BHP w/ a good trigger and aftermarket hammer. I have to believe it would be a beautilicious shooter.