StriderTB

Benelli MR1 5.56 carbine

I like the way it looks, but, I hate crossbolt safeties.. bleh. Still, it's good to see more companies jumping into the 5.56 game. More choices is always a good thing... and Benelli isn't known for making bad guns. I wonder if it'll accept PMAGs tho...

Beretta was originally marketing this as the Rx4. Like the px4(pistol) and Cx4(carbine), this was the rifle version of the series. I think there was supposed to be a Sx4(shotgun) but I could be wrong. There were issues with importing it and they cancelled the project. It looks like Cx4 components would fit this firearm. I wonder if it's reversable for lefty's like my Cx4?

I dunno about using a carbine for HD, thats why Im taking Chris's course in November....

Read an artical in the current Home defense(?) magazine which talks about why an AR carbine is better than an shotgun for HD.

Well I plan on using it as my "other floor" HD of choice, just havent figured out yet if it should be my bedroom gun or in my home office

It looks pretty fugly if you ask me. Stock of a shotgun, barrel of a Storm, and an AR mag receiver to fill the void.... The more I look at it it seems Benelli took the design of a semi-auto shotty receiver and shrunk it, then tacked on the barrel and mag well for a 5.56

Not my cup of tea I guess

It looks pretty fugly if you ask me. Stock of a shotgun, barrel of a Storm, and an AR mag receiver to fill the void.... The more I look at it it seems Benelli took the design of a semi-auto shotty receiver and shrunk it, then tacked on the barrel and mag well for a 5.56

Not my cup of tea I guess

I agree. Thing looks ugly as hell. I wouldn't take her to the prom. :lol: