matt6669

November 14th 2009 Clay Meetup

Well gentlemen here is your last official monthly get together for the 2009 year.

When: November 14th 2009

Where: Cherry Ridge Gun Club

http://www.anjrpc.org/cherry_ridge.htm

Info and directions for the range can be found here. If any new comers need any specific information, please don't hesitate to pm me, I am always available for new people.

Time: The General purpose shooting will start at 9am. I plan to run GP until 12 at which time we will move over to the Clay range to shoot clay til we run out of light.

NOTE: CLAY SHOOTING STARTS AT NOON!!!!!!!!!

Also all non-members of CR must pay a one day fee of 25 dollars. Sorry but I have no had a chance to see about reduced rates, expect that to be a change for 2010!!

So please sign up, I'd love to see a lot of guys come out it should be a great time. I will probably order some pizza again since that seemed to be a big hit. We did 5 bucks per person if you want to get in on the pizza. I do 5 bucks so we can get an extra pizza to donate to the RO's for all of their hardwork.

I plan to spend an hour at pistol, and hour at rifle, and probably an hour at the .22 range. I've got some news toys I want to play with so thats my tentative plan but we usually move as a group.

Thanks guys!! See you next weekend!!!!!

Members:

Matt6669 Matt All day

Malsua Mark All day

67gtonut Troy Arriving around 1pm

djg0770 Dan All morning

Non-members:

bobtimmons All day

The unfortunate problem with hunting on Monmouth Co parks is no hunting on sundays. This is my first year hunting so I'll make better arrangements next year property wise.

I'm going to Clinton WMA Sunday in case anybody else is to shoot some trap and sight in my shotty. I'll be the big shave head dude with a bone collector hat on, white Nissan Pathfinder

Theres actually quite a few members coming to the meet next saturday so there should be no problem getting the guests signed in.

I'll make a list come Monday after my review when I have time of members and non members.

M

Oh and has Tom agreed to come with his thrower?

Have no heard from Tom yet was gonna give him til monday then drop him a PM. It wouldn't be an event without Tom, someone needs to bring that big ole obnoxious 44 mag so I can laugh and go back to my .22 :)

Hi Guys,

I'm not ignoring the post but the weekends have been busy lately. We are doing the college thing with my daughter interviews, academic sleepovers, 2nd visits and a whole lot of traveling. I'll know by Thursday if I can attend Saturday.

MAN YOU GUYS ARE LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim, you can hunt any other day, suck it up, and make the trip ugly.

Ray, I don't wanna hear about your excuses, you need to put some rounds thru that charter arms, so make it happen!

updated main post like promised. If I missed anyone or labeled your incorrectly please let me know so that I can fix it.

I'm really hoping some guys start to comment in on this, otherwise its going to be a quiet Saturday in November!

updated main post like promised. If I missed anyone or labeled your incorrectly please let me know so that I can fix it.

I'm really hoping some guys start to comment in on this, otherwise its going to be a quiet Saturday in November!

That means more shooting, I mean misses for you :)

I dunno old guy, I seem to remember me hitting more clays last weekend than you did :) What'll be really interesting is to see how I do with that new Mark III.

I dunno old guy, I seem to remember me hitting more clays last weekend than you did :) What'll be really interesting is to see how I do with that new Mark III.

We must not have been at the same place then.

Is it too late to get in on this? I don't have a shotgun(yet) but want to try out shooting clays. I've got a couple of ARs I could bring. What is the target set up at C.R. I've got a holder I made for steel targets and a case of bowling pins. Should I pick up some shot shells (if so what kind) or some clays? Or do you guys just kind shoot and share?

Is it too late to get in on this? I don't have a shotgun(yet) but want to try out shooting clays. I've got a couple of ARs I could bring. What is the target set up at C.R. I've got a holder I made for steel targets and a case of bowling pins. Should I pick up some shot shells (if so what kind) or some clays? Or do you guys just kind shoot and share?

It's not too late.

You're welcome to come shoot. There will be plenty of guns available to shoot, but you certainly can shoot mine or Matt's as much as you'd like. People will be shoving guns at you to try :)

Target set up is with a fixed target frame. Every guest has to have a member sponsor and that person will have a frame. Don't sweat it, we all bop around to each other's frame to take shots with other guns.

I would suggest you get some #7 1/2 or #8 light target loads. Usually about $6 for a box of 25. Usually we shoot 5 shots and change shooter. It's informal clay shooting, not trap.