rifleman

remington thunderbolt ammo

thunderbolts go through cycles of being good and bad..

my ruger 10/22's shoot them fine and also my s&w pistol, but i will not shoot them out of my aa 1911 conversion they are just too dirty and i do not like to shoot them out of the smith either but do..

My Ruger Mk3 22/45 prefers the Federal Champions which are in the same price range as the Thunderbolts, just lack the excess wax and copper jacket. Personally I haven't fired any Remington through my gun, but with my Uncle's Ruger Mk2 Competition the Remington ammo turned it into a jam-o-matic so I am hesitant on trying it in mine. With the Federal I've run 900 rounds of it through my Ruger so far and I've only had 1 stove pipe & 2 duds. The stove pipe I blame on the fact it occurred after the 500 round mark without cleaning because of how the casing wasn't ejected.

They are smoky, dirty and very inconsistent. I have seen them turn semi-autos into single shots. I had a bunch from Herman's Sporting Goods (yeah, they were old). I shot them up a few years back and never bought them again. Do a search on "Thunderbolts" in the ammo forum here: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/ You will find most people hate them. I have heard some people say they are better now and the Golden Bullets are better too. I have a ton of Golden Bullets but they are stickly plinking fodder.

Any opinions on Winchester Wildcat?

It is ok ammo, shot fine in my 1911 AA conversion.

only had a cpouple ftf's out of 2 bricks.

had plenty of power to cycle slide.

the federal bulk we just purchased from graffs is suprisingly good has more power than the winchester wildcat bulk ammo. shooting it in the same 1911 conversion.

Surprisingly, I do not :?

I shot tons in my Remingtion 582. We used to buy it by the case at Service Merchandise at $0.74 per box. My 10/22 had many FTFs and it handles just about anything. I would rate it above average for bulk ammo. My friend uses it in bullseye and likes it. I would recomend you buy it if you found a good price.

The Remington 525 pack I bought in 08 had easily 5% FTF. Even with heavy primer strikes. I switched to CCI and have had 0% ftf.

I thought my rem. 597 was bad. I was getting at least 1-3 FTF s per 10 round clip, at least 1 stovepipe, and multiple feed jams. In a 10 round clip, I might get 2 or 3 good shoots in a row, it was pathetic. Right before I was going to send my rifle back, I decided to try some CCI .22 ammo and low and behold, not ONE ftf after over 200 rounds, only 1 stovepipe, and 1 feed jam (I was shooting in about 10F outside, seemed to affect the ammo).

Ditch that golden bullet crap

Surprisingly, I do not :?

I do! Garbage. 4 FTF out of 75. 1 round had a massive dent in the center of it like a soup can smashed against the edge of a counter top. Winchester makes great 9mm. Love the white box ammo! I had no luck with their Wildcat .22 lr.

+1 on the CCI ammo. I use the standard velocity stuff without a FTF, FTE, or FTL.

In the boxes of 525 Federal rounds I've been using, usually only like one in a hundred fails to fire. This is my preferred ammunition for my Buckmark because it's consistent, not that dirty, and has the copper coating so the barrel doesn't get overly fouled like the all lead stuff.

The Remington stuff has that wax and a much higher failure rate so I stay away from it.

I sent some Winchester bulk pack (in a 555 round box) back to them and am waiting to hear what they say. I provided the shells involved in a couple hundred round TEN PERCENT failure rate! In multiple firearms!!!! Talk about garbage. Too bad too because it cycled everything wonderful. When they fired.