Sign in to follow this  
Shug

Just Bought My First Gun

Been sitting on my paperwork for a month now and decided over the weekend it was time to make that jump.

Bought a Springfield XD .40Cal with 4" barrel. Came to about $560 with bullets and cleaning kit. Haven't gotten to the range yet but will be there real soon.

Thanks to Darryl at County Sports

Awesome choice. I have an XD40 5" and hope to get the same caliber in sub-compact just in case our horrible state is forced to allow citizens to concealed carry some day... :lol:

They are amazing firearms, hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

I have the CX4 9mm and you are more then welcome to try it. I don't know what your backround is but if you need a lession to help your aim I am round for that too.

Thanks for the offer and as soon as I get up to speed with the XD I will keep you in mind.

Stopped at Bobs Little Sport Shop last night and looks like this is going to be my home away from home. Spoke to Jon last night and he said when I am ready to come on down and he can give me some much needed guidance.

Congrats, though I recommend your next purchase be a 22 like a Browning Buckmark or a Ruger MkIII. You'll get more range time with a 22 then you will with your XD which means more practice to improve your shooting. Plus every time you pull the trigger you'll see bullets instead of dollar signs punching holes in your range targets. You'll end up spending around the same for a brick of 500 - 550 for a 22 as you would for a box of 50 for your XD. My first gun is my Ruger MkIII 22/45 and I don't regret it as I've pumped around 2000 rounds through it already. The practice and money savings make it worth it.