Sign in to follow this  
tbtrout

Dicks in Woodbridge

I heard a story today from a reliable person that seems pretty unreal and it is the first I have heard of it which makes me suspicous..

Within the last couple of months a customer went in to Dicks, asked to see a 7mm Remington, when handed the rifle he punched the employee in the face and ran out of the store with the rifle. Now whenever they sell a gun, there needs to be two employees involved.

Anyone else hear of this? I know this particular store has had its share of theft in the gun department, but that was from employees.

I didn't hear of this... it woulda been pretty funny if it happened. I know when i bought a shotgun.. the employee did the paperwork after i went downstairs and paid for the nics check.. then the manager had to come and double check all the paperwork and serial number.

If this is true.. its a pretty freaking far run from the gun counter to the parking lot... somebody shoulda noticed something was wrong.

I guess the thief had a FPID? Unless it was a stolen card. They ask for ID before they hand over a rifle don't they?

Also, what is the purpose of two employees? So both of them get punched in the face next time instead of just one?

Yeah if it was on the counter he could have grabbed it as well. And one will get puched and the other buttstroked.

It sounds very sureal to me, but you never know.

Last Dick's I went to was the new Manahawkin store. I didn't have to show my card or go pay for the NIC until I told the dude I wanted to buy. I had already handled the gun out of the rack. I guess I am so old and feeble that they didn't figure I was much of a threat? :think:

about two years ago atf arrested several of the woodbridge store employees - over two hundred firearms stolen , some sold to auto parts on main street in town -

about two years ago atf arrested several of the woodbridge store employees - over two hundred firearms stolen , some sold to auto parts on main street in town -

I know about that one, they were adding guns to the 4473 after the customer left the store and were getting them out in Trolling Motor boxes. Woodbridge Auto lost their FFL after that, but not because of this, after it went down they were on the radar and apparently Lars did not have a pink card and was using his Dad's card to sell.

I know about that one, they were adding guns to the 4473 after the customer left the store and were getting them out in Trolling Motor boxes. Woodbridge Auto lost their FFL after that, but not because of this, after it went down they were on the radar and apparently Lars did not have a pink card and was using his Dad's card to sell.

Such a stupid thing to loose the FFL for. I had bought many guns from them and really liked the store.

In every Dick's I have been in, the Lodge (as they call it) is so far from the exit it's a miracle that no one caught or tripped this guy on the way out.

That is one reason why I am trying to see if this is a true story. On the other hand, if you see someone running with a rifle, would anyone get in their way?

In every Dick's I have been in, the Lodge (as they call it) is so far from the exit it's a miracle that no one caught or tripped this guy on the way out.

There is no way someone could make it out of the store with a rifle and not stumble over a rock climbing family or somethin. Impossible.

I noticed yesterday that the Freehold Dick's took all the ropes and handholds off the rock climbing wall. Looks like they are not going to use it anymore? Not sure if it because it was not making money or a liability issue?

I noticed yesterday that the Freehold Dick's took all the ropes and handholds off the rock climbing wall. Looks like they are not going to use it anymore? Not sure if it because it was not making money or a liability issue?

It's been like that for awhile now. Not too many people climbing and you need to pay an employee or two as belayers. And to respond to the original post, there is a printed sign that says "No gun sales without 2 employees present" (or something to that effect) at the gun counter in Freehold

It's been like that for awhile now. Not too many people climbing and you need to pay an employee or two as belayers. And to respond to the original post, there is a printed sign that says "No gun sales without 2 employees present" (or something to that effect) at the gun counter in Freehold

I could see at the right time, a guy running from the lodge out the front door at Dick's Wood bridge. It's a far run, but like it's been mentioned.. who is going to stop a guy with a rifle? I'm not looking for a trigger lock.. I'm GTFO of his way. Even if this was America and I had a CCW, It's probably not the best idea to just open fire on him (given the circumstances).

Woodbridge has (had) tailgating stuff set up in the area below their rock climbing wall. I know I looked at a shotgun in East Brunswick once, and the manager had to come to unlock it. The manager and sales guy where standing there. Not sure if that's what they mean by "Two Employees". Buying a gun at Dick's is pretty much more trouble than it's worth. It's really only good for decently priced range ammo.

I completely agree. Save for the cool dude with glasses at freehold (retired LEO), I feel like the rest of the sales staff treats you like a raging terrorist/criminal when your buying a firearm. The best is when I go to pay for my ammo downstairs at the register and some 17 year old chick asks to see my license because "your buying bullets". I kindly said no and told her they check ID's and document upstairs.

The rockwall in Rockaway NJ is completely gone. I am not sure why. Maybe just not enough people climbing. As far as someone running out of there with a gun its hard to believe. I am sure it coud be done but you gotta have big balls that clank to do something like that. The one in Rockaway NJ makes you put your driver's license and FID card on the glass counter before checking any firearm out. Besides its on the 2nd floor there. So the guy would have to run down the esclator and through the store and out the door. Im sure some crazy nut could pull it off but arent there cameras all over the Lodge area in that store?

I don't think it is a question of saving the corporation $500.00, but if someone is stealing a gun in a store like that, you know he is not going to be using it for target practice. You never know how many innocent lives will be the victim of that gun down the road?

Agreed. If someone steals a gun from a store, and I am carrying, I dont give a shit.

If I get in the parking lot and that guy is near me, or threating others...well thats a different story.

A shoplifter is just that, shoplifter...guns or candy...same concept...