rauchman

M&P9 Fullsize FACTORY 15 rnd mags available

Greetings all,

Just thought I'd share some most excellent info I just came across. For all you M&P9 Fullsize lovers out there (Mikeyboyeee you come to mind) I just got off the phone w/ S&W to order a sight pusher tool for the used M&P40 that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. In conversation w/ Paul (a very pleasant and helpful S&W customer service rep), he mentioned that S&W now has NJ legal 15 round 9mm mags for the M&P9. :dance::dance: :clap: :clap:

Part # is 39498

He did mention that newer M&P9's should be shipping w/ this magazine to NJ dealers.

I had heard about the 15 round 9mm mags for the M&P almost a year ago, but figured it was just a rumor to sell M&Ps in NJ since I never heard anything else about them since that day.

Would love to get my hands on some, but a quick google search didn't come up with anything.

Called......

Part# is valid..... no stock at this point...

So.... its coming!!!! :clap:

Do you know if S&W started shipping the M&P9 fullsize pistol to NJ w/ the 15 rnd mags? I have 2 permits ready. One is for a G26 and the other is going to be used on either a M&P9 or M&P9c. The 15 rnd mag will be the determining factor.

Do not know....

Since they have no stock for sale as an individual part.... might not have em for guns yet....

I would call S&W to find out that aspect.....

Tried doing just that last week. Called S&W's CS and they were unable to tell me if shipments had started w/ the 15 rnd mags and if they were shipping, which stores had received.

I keep seeing rumor that Smith & Wesson will introduce 15 round magazines for the full size M&P 9mm's. I just called S&W customer service and the person I spoke with never even heard of it.

Can anyone point to a source for this? Or should I just keep looking out for Bigfoot to deliver them in his flying car?

Wish it was that simple. Bought 3 new S&W mags a few months ago. All 3 them of them will barely fit 10 rounds. Now, I understand they're new and the springs are still tight and all that, but the mags that came with my M&P don't have this issue. Yes, that 10th round can be a little tough to get in, but it's doable. With these new ones, I HAVE to use an UPLULA to get all 10 rounds in. And when I finally do get all 10, they won't reliably feed into the gun.

As an example: I recently took an intro USPSA class. Loaded up the mags with 10 rounds each (after quite a bit of futzing around). Get up to the line - put a mag in the gun, rack the slide, and holster the gun. Buzzer goes off, I grab the gun, point, press trigger.. and I get a click. WTF? I do a quick TAP - RACK. I get another click. Son of a B*! One more tap rack, and then FINALLY get a bang. Next time up at the line. Same thing, 'cept it only took one TAP RACK.

Now, I readily admit it was my own fault for not doing a press check, especially after the first incident, but I've never had a problem with mags loading before, so it didn't click that I was having mag problems.

Anyway, I eventually went back to the bench to see what was going own, and on 2 of the 3 mags, I couldn't push out the top round on a fully loaded mag by hand. On the 3rd one, the rounds seem to get caught on the lip sometimes.

The other odd thing is that the follower on these 3 new mags is different than the follower on the 2 mags that came with the gun. For whatever reason, on the mags with this different follower, it's very difficult to hand load the first round. The rim of the bullet just wants to slide off the follower.

I think I'm going to look into getting some 17 rounders pinned to 15 and be done with it.

ETA: sorry for the long rambling post :oops:

I think I'm going to look into getting some 17 rounders pinned to 15 and be done with it.

You figure out how to get this done..... please let us know...

arms-n-ammo

Paul blocks magazines, and does a good job