bbk

Kriss Vector...

Nice, I saw that Bob's Little Sport Shop was the only retailer in NJ when I did a retailer search on Kriss' website... its good to see that it was legitimate, haha.

And does it weigh the 5 lbs as advertised? The length doesn't really bother me, but I don't know if I should save up the money for something like the Kriss or a light-weight AR build.

Dude, that thing is dope! Take my CX4 (which is getting blasted by many members here because it's a big piece of plastic) and do this big review! We'll get the Ket-tec and whatever else you think we should throw in there.

BBK, thats how I found them. I asked all the board vendors first though :D . When I picked mine up they said it was really lucky I did the phone deposit. The next shipment in, whenever that will be, is completely spoken for already :shock: .

Ray Ray, really? G36, FN Scar lower, P90, ACR Lower, UMP, Kriss all squirt and jerk guns.....

nickd they had quite the broad selection of really old to really new. They were pretty darn busy too! Nice folks BTW.

Not up on the shotgun meet. When and where. I almost dug up grandma to hock her jewelry to afford this little spree :shock: :o so I need a little recovery time for ammo. Between this and the SRS this was a 8G week! Im a broke working stiff like everybody else. I just have my priorities straight. No clothes that werent free or dramatically on sale, raman lunches, 2 year old sneakers :D . Old crappy car. But the safe is well supplied and the Busa's tank is full :lol:

BA is a dealer now. They got 2 in yesterday and think both sold. I'm waiting back from Kriss to see if they have a Certified Dealer logo cuz I don't want to design one without checking with them first. Not sure how long it takes to get added to the official kriss site list either.

At least I have time to work on the site a little now that work slowed down a tad at the Golf Course. Actually it hasn't, but i'm making time to fix up and redo the site.

Not up on the shotgun meet. When and where. I almost dug up grandma to hock her jewelry to afford this little spree :shock: :o so I need a little recovery time for ammo.

Once it gets a little warmer, we do a monthly get-together up at Cherry Ridge. Usually the 2nd Sunday of the month. But, if you don't mind the slightly chillier weather, a bunch of guys are headed there this Saturday. Check the Events and Meetups section for more details.

So my son and I picked up the Kriss last night. While waiting for Nics we went to the range and ran a box through it. First impression was that fit and finish were better than expected. The fake can is pretty darn big though but doesnt weight much. Controls are great except for the safety. Its fine and easy in low ready but awkward once you shoulder the weapon. Now for the big question, how's it shoot? Well I would really need to fire another 45 cal carbine back to back to determine if recoil is mitigated but... really, these are pistol calibers so I think the comparison is unimportant. What about muzzle climb you ask? I can absolutely say it delivers!!! At 15 yrds hammers well within center mass were cake!!!! At 25 yds double taps to the head were easy as pie! Now I didnt want to go to crazy because it was my very first time here at this range and I didnt know how much I could gt away with but I got enough in to come away very impressed. Ive been kicked off ranges for fireing to fast with... a colt Python .357 revolver!! :shock: All the onlookers were impressed with how fast I could put holes in paper in a nice tight group with this weapon. It is very easy to do with the Kriss. Here is my 10yr old putting rounds down range. So far, she is a keeper!

That's a fantastic experience! For both you and your son! I'd love to get my hands on one.

Sounds like it was not FA. So, yeah, it would be hard to judge the recoil mitigation system since you don't have a lot of experience with SMGs and didn't get to shoot FA.

really, these are pistol calibers so I think the comparison is unimportant.

Have you fired a MAC or M11/nine in FA? At these high rates of fire you'd be surprised how important the comparison might be, even in 9mm (let alone .45). Many people shoot at indoor ranges where they never learn to control them. I really wonder what the Kriss is like. If I ever hear of an appearance at a subgun shoot I will probably take a flight. I think one of the guys at UT has one, but not naming no matter what :)

Not the mac. I fired the P90 with some SWAT boys at a shoot house. The P90 has a pretty high rate of fire as well. Yes control can be obtained etc etc but I still contend that burst could be really usefull for fast transitions. I would think I could focus more on the transistion its self vs trigger control.

Shane

Couple quick notes. General dissassembly. PS90 is easiest followed fairly close by the Kriss. WAAAAAAAAAAAY off in the distance is the USC. There is simply nothing in the Kriss. It is absolutely amazing how few parts are in this thing. The USC at the other end of the spectrum has a ton of wierd parts that whomever designed must have just returned from an extended trip to Amsterdam! If you are not an HK cert armorer, think twice about pulling that thing apart! NO intuitiveness on how it goes back together! NO I didnt pull mine apart for the hell of it :) . An agency needed a part to get theirs back up and running so.... mine organ donered :( .

Video? Looks really nice except the suppressor... I just can't wrap my head around the logic of fake suppressors.

The fake can, in this case, is to ensure that its a legal length (as a non-NFA item)... which I would figure is the case for most (like the GSG's).

Video? Looks really nice except the suppressor... I just can't wrap my head around the logic of fake suppressors.

The fake can, in this case, is to ensure that its a legal length (as a non-NFA item)... which I would figure is the case for most (like the GSG's).

I should have been more clear. I understand why they put it there, but I would prefer just the bare barrel, similar to the HK USC45, or PS90.

Heres some more pics of my ugly gun as requested :lol:

Of interest is the aimpoint micro mount. It was made for 5th Group Special Forces. It is an EXCELLENT mount but unfortunately not available to the public. It is a hair to low for the Kriss but is AWESOME on my DSA SA58C FAL.

v3.jpg

v5.jpg

v6.jpg

It was made for 5th Group Special Forces.

Name dropper :p

Do you have any closeups of the mount? Who makes it?

He could tell you, but then....