Chad

Conversation with an ANTI!

I WILL become the father cleaning (all of) his guns at the dining room table when teenagers come to call.

Ahh yes. You sound like a Man who believes men tamed the wild west.

It was women who tamed the wild men who tamed the west. I cant speak for all here on the forum.

But after breaking your hole all day at whatever it is you do, all that you want is peace at home. Dealing with your wife as two adults is one thing.

Dealing with your wife after she has spent eight to twelve hours alone with the kids is another. You will be surprised just how "flexible" you become.

:deadhorse:

I can understand that....many various publications have been known to kill. :roll:

I once wore my "Caso's Gun-O-Rama" shirt to work and the secretary almost passed out! The shirt was blank on the back but had a small picture of a revolver on the front. I was told not to wear it anymore. Meanwhile, every kid was wearing a 50-cent shirt with him holding to ghetto blasters, or my favorite, of Cha Guavara holding an M1 carbine.

Few years back when I was a nanny (and have not met Maksim) I had a conversation with one of the parents on a "gun" subject. She had a similar opinion about guns, not allowing there kids to have sleepovers, play with toy guns, and having a policy: "when you see a gun (toy or otherwise), don't touch it and tell an adult".

Then one of my charges (kids I was taking care of) while playing with his toy gun, put it in his mouth. That was one of the most terrifying moments of my life. I new it was a toy, but... I freaked out. From that point all toy guns and rifles were banned from the house. I am not sure if parents had any talks with the kids about it though.

My point? Adults and children needs to be educated about firearms. Just "protecting" kids from ever seeing a gun does not help!

Few years back when I was a nanny (and have not met Maksim) I had a conversation with one of the parents on a "gun" subject. She had a similar opinion about guns, not allowing there kids to have sleepovers, play with toy guns, and having a policy: "when you see a gun (toy or otherwise), don't touch it and tell an adult".

Then one of my charges (kids I was taking care of) while playing with his toy gun, put it in his mouth. That was one of the most terrifying moments of my life. I new it was a toy, but... I freaked out. From that point all toy guns and rifles were banned from the house. I am not sure if parents had any talks with the kids about it though.

My point? Adults and children needs to be educated about firearms. Just "protecting" kids from ever seeing a gun does not help!

Probably not a bad policy to have actually. (NO toy guns). My parents allowed me to have toy guns, but I never was really into them because my dad had properly taught me firearms handling. And by 9 or 10, I was shooting .22 rifles in the boy scouts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the NRA and Eddie Eagle teach "If you find a gun, leave, and tell an adult"?

Ahh yes. You sound like a Man who believes men tamed the wild west.

It was women who tamed the wild men who tamed the west. I cant speak for all here on the forum.

But after breaking your hole all day at whatever it is you do, all that you want is peace at home. Dealing with your wife as two adults is one thing.

Dealing with your wife after she has spent eight to twelve hours alone with the kids is another. You will be surprised just how "flexible" you become.

:roll: :roll:

Probably not a bad policy to have actually. (NO toy guns). My parents allowed me to have toy guns, but I never was really into them because my dad had properly taught me firearms handling. And by 9 or 10, I was shooting .22 rifles in the boy scouts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the NRA and Eddie Eagle teach "If you find a gun, leave, and tell an adult"?

100% Correct, that's what i've drilled into my Daughter, with the occasional "Integrity Check" of an Airsoft pistol left unsecured. So far she's come and got me to let me know it was there W/o touching it 100%. BUT she also knows that if she wants to see one of the guns, all she has to do is ask, and if there's time i'll get one out for her. i also go over the 4 rules EVERY time. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a little so i can take her to shoot "her" gun, a little Heritage .22 S/A revolver with a pink Bird's Head grip. (Thanks Paul)

100% Correct, that's what i've drilled into my Daughter, with the occasional "Integrity Check" of an Airsoft pistol left unsecured. So far she's come and got me to let me know it was there W/o touching it 100%. BUT she also knows that if she wants to see one of the guns, all she has to do is ask, and if there's time i'll get one out for her. i also go over the 4 rules EVERY time. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a little so i can take her to shoot "her" gun, a little Heritage .22 S/A revolver with a pink Bird's Head grip. (Thanks Paul)

That's what my father did. I always remember him explaining over and over again how his 3rd Model Dragoon worked because I kept forgetting that it doesn't take bullets. And to think.. I haven't shot anyone yet.

I showed up at my niece's 3rd birthday party wearing a tan T-shirt similar in color to the army ACU T-shirt. On the front it has a silhouette of Duke Ellington standing straight up and playing a trumpet.

Similar to this pose but he is standing straight

stock-photo-man-in-suit-standing-and-trumpet-melody-whole-bod-side-view-isolated-white-background-10094425.jpg

One of my in-laws approaches me and says "what kind of person wears a shirt with a gun on it to a 3 year old's birthday party?"

I was like, "I don't know?" trying to find that guy to ask what he's got and where he bought it and she's giving me this look. I start to think, "what shirt did I put on this morning?"

I look down, sho' nuf, it's Sir Duke. I laugh because she thought it was a gun. She's not laughing. I haven't got any words because I don't want to laugh in her face but after a second or two she looks at the shirt again and see's what it is. Her face goes slack but she isn't apologizing. She says "oh, I thought it was a gun."

I believe she started to think I wore the shirt that looked like a gun to be clever. Like I was pulling off a some kind of trick. She didn't apologize and mumbled something about no tolerance.

Since then I have come to marvel at the ability of people to be brave enough to get in your face about some BS thing they feel you need to feel too but without the balls to apologize when they are wrong.

Since then I have come to marvel at the ability of people to be brave enough to get in your face about some BS thing they feel you need to feel too but without the balls to apologize when they are wrong.

Welcome to MY world... Stupid people Suck..Arrogant Stupid people suck MORE.

After I graduated high school I was informed by a friend of the family who worked for my district that I was on "The List" because I openly supported the 2A ( wore shirts, debated during class, etc.) they had the balls to think I was some nut job who was going to shoot up the school. If I lived in Texas i would have been student of the month!

Also, I find it offensive that just because we own firearms makes it right for people to get openly hostile towards us. What's even more ridiculous, is that we are usually the calm ones, frankly Antis seem more violent, maybe what they should really say is "We don't want people like ourselves to own firearms because we have ZERO self control or manners" Keep your personal preferences out of the laws that govern me. Don't like guns? Fine, move to CA and see what strong gun control gets you, armed criminals and unarmed sheep.

Also, I find it offensive that just because we own firearms makes it right for people to get openly hostile towards us. What's even more ridiculous, is that we are usually the calm ones, frankly Antis seem more violent

For the easily repeated things like this I like to work out the response ahead of time. It doesn't happen often to me but it does happen.

I like to say either "you seem angry, I am in danger here?" Calmly of course.

Or "you're frightening me."

Never really seems to shut them up, but I bet they think about it.

I remember one guy that said, after I said he was scaring me, "what are you going to do, shoot me?"

I asked him if that's what he would do. He said no. I asked him again, but your so angry.

There is no reason to debate anyone in that situation.

Now, when it comes to anti war/military people that subject switches a little switch in my thinking. A guy tried to trap me asking "you could kill another person?" I channel all the military training I had and give it to them without apology

"I would splatter their insides all over the sidewalk and make them look like a butchers block. Its only slippery for a few minutes, then it dries. The problem is the smell but you learn to live with it as long as you can get another kill."

Or one I heard from a Marine, "Hell yea, did you know heads pop when you shoot them?"

maybe what they should really say is "We don't want people like ourselves to own firearms because we have ZERO self control or manners"

WOW, that should be quote of the month :clap: :clap: . What more can you say. People always feel the need to express their opinion right, wrong, or indifferent, but the anti's do always take it to the extreme. I never knew what it would feel like to be a leapor, but being a gun owner must be a second close.

maybe what they should really say is "We don't want people like ourselves to own firearms because we have ZERO self control or manners"

WOW, that should be quote of the month :clap: :clap: . What more can you say. People always feel the need to express their opinion right, wrong, or indifferent, but the anti's do always take it to the extreme. I never knew what it would feel like to be a leapor, but being a gun owner must be a second close.

Leper http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprosy

I was using the word metaphorically :roll:

I was using the word metaphorically :roll:

Wow, kind of spooky that someone who is trained in gun handling would make such a amateur mistake. Just goes to show you always have to handle guns with the utmost of care and respect irregardless of how much training you have. What a tragedy.

How were you using this one? :D

Also, I find it offensive that just because we own firearms makes it right for people to get openly hostile towards us. What's even more ridiculous, is that we are usually the calm ones, frankly Antis seem more violent

For the easily repeated things like this I like to work out the response ahead of time. It doesn't happen often to me but it does happen.

I like to say either "you seem angry, I am in danger here?" Calmly of course.

Or "you're frightening me."

Never really seems to shut them up, but I bet they think about it.

I remember one guy that said, after I said he was scaring me, "what are you going to do, shoot me?"

I asked him if that's what he would do. He said no. I asked him again, but your so angry.

There is no reason to debate anyone in that situation.

Now, when it comes to anti war/military people that subject switches a little switch in my thinking. A guy tried to trap me asking "you could kill another person?" I channel all the military training I had and give it to them without apology

"I would splatter their insides all over the sidewalk and make them look like a butchers block. Its only slippery for a few minutes, then it dries. The problem is the smell but you learn to live with it as long as you can get another kill."

Or one I heard from a Marine, "Hell yea, did you know heads pop when you shoot them?"

When they approach you in a hostile manner blabbing their yappers, just yell "varmint" and walk away.