Sign in to follow this  
njpilot

Computer Problem Question

For those that are computer savvy. I bought a new laptop a few months ago with Window 7. I have recently been having regular problems with IE "not responding" and having to restart IE.

I believe I found the problem being the latest version of Adobe Flash ver 10.

When I uninstall, the problem seems to go away.

Short of installing an older version, which I seem to have a problem finding now, can anyone recommend another fix?

Thanks.

Stop using the security hole called Internet Explorer.

Not only does it gape like goatse.cx, it does weird stuff like just hang until you refresh or whatever. There's Opera, there's Chrome, there's Firefox, there's even Safari. All work better and are more secure than IE.

Not only does it gape like goatse.cx, it does weird stuff like just hang until you refresh or whatever. There's Opera, there's Chrome, there's Firefox, there's even Safari. All work better and are more secure than IE.

:lol::dance:

He's right though. All of the aforementioned browsers are leagues better than IE

Mark, do you recommend any one over the other?

Thx.

Just buy a Mac and never worry about the BS from Microsoft... a bit more money but no problems in several yeas of owning them.

My gf's mac has had the HD shit the bed numerous times in her ownership... I'll deal with maintaining virus protection to not have to deal with losing a HD.

Just buy a Mac and never worry about the BS from Microsoft... a bit more money but no problems in several yeas of owning them.

My gf's mac has had the HD **** the bed numerous times in her ownership... I'll deal with maintaining virus protection to not have to deal with losing a HD.

Without getting into the whole mac vs pc bit (I own both), I feel obligated to mention that a HD hardware failure is unrelated to a system crash, and reflects only on the manufacture of the HD. That said, pcs and macs often use the same brand of HD. I have a western digital in my mac (upgraded from a seagate) and both a seagate and WD in my PC. All have run for thousands of hours. Of course, they are pieces of hardware with a limited lifespan, and some do indeed expire prematurely.

Mark, do you recommend any one over the other?

Thx.

Firefox is the clear winner.

The others have merits too but overall, FF is more polished and complete.

this was the post i thought i was going to see fro the sec i read the title :mrgreen:

i like chrome it is fast and easy to use the there are some new add in that will fit there is more every day

i have bought into the complete google thing for gmail.voice doc -- everything love it and add the iphone to :mrgreen:

the new opera 10.51 is totally top notch. =P

I have opera on every computer, and have so far switched everyone in my family to it.

the only issue with it, there are some sites with some java script that do not like it.

google chrome is technically the fastest one out there but i've used opera for years and i still love it the most.

though i still use IE for some things that i assume wouldn't work in opera though over the years i think everything works now i'm just still paranoid but so for fixing the problem instead of replacing it.. are you using windows 7 64bit? me and my brother went to windows 7 and both went to 64bit and we both had problems with IE basically what you were saying, i would be browsing and it would stop responding so i would open it again to my homepage and it would stop responding immediately and i couldn't do anything until i rebooted. Then my brother found out that for some reason the default is the 32bit IE and there is a 64bit one but you have to make it a different shortcut and then it will run better. in the end 64bit still has its problems sometimes so i still suggest getting opera.

google chrome is technically the fastest one out there but i've used opera for years and i still love it the most.

though i still use IE for some things that i assume wouldn't work in opera though over the years i think everything works now i'm just still paranoid but so for fixing the problem instead of replacing it.. are you using windows 7 64bit? me and my brother went to windows 7 and both went to 64bit and we both had problems with IE basically what you were saying, i would be browsing and it would stop responding so i would open it again to my homepage and it would stop responding immediately and i couldn't do anything until i rebooted. Then my brother found out that for some reason the default is the 32bit IE and there is a 64bit one but you have to make it a different shortcut and then it will run better. in the end 64bit still has its problems sometimes so i still suggest getting opera.

Thanks Wavecaster. I normally don't have to reboot, only once or twice did it totally freeze up, ususally just stops responding.

I have the 64 bit, but think I may just change to FF or Opera.