imperialfish

Man who leaped to death from Empire State Building

Suicide is the ultimate copout for the weak. How could anyone think that ending their life this way is the answer? It is unfortunate that they do not think of their friends, family, and the people who will discover them. Talk about a pus*y :evil:

Suicide is teh ultimate copout for teh weak. How could anyone think that ending their life this way is teh answer? It is unfortunate that they do not think of their friends, family, and teh people who will discover them. Talk about a pus*y :evil:

Exactly how i feel! There is always something you can do differently to change the way your life is currently. Suicide is not the answer. It's the easy way out.

Is there something in teh water lately? Or is this a "normal" number of suicides, with more publicity?

Expect to see more of it, as well as an increase in violence against others, as the economy worsens and or continues to stay bad.

I'll just chime in here on something. Part of what I do for a living brings to me awareness of global shipping, both air and sea as my company uses both to get things from Asia to the US and Europe. We also ship from the US to Europe to Central America and any combination of three back and forth. Until recently, there was so much excess capacity in the system, the boats were running slowly to save fuel and so they wouldn't stack up at either end of a trip. Air freight, until recently was dirt cheap as planes were flying half empty. All this changed in the past 90-120 days. We're starting to have to wait on boats again and they're running full out, not quite like 07 but more like 06. I know a guy that's 3rd seat on a 747 for freight hauler and their 14 planes are booked out and they are looking at picking up more planes for capacity. Six months ago, they were looking at retiring 4 planes. The air freight system collapsed 6 months before we knew we were in a recession, they are a leading indicator and all indicators are pegged.

Take it for what it's worth.

Is there something in teh water lately? Or is this a "normal" number of suicides, with more publicity?

Expect to see more of it, as well as an increase in violence against others, as the economy worsens and or continues to stay bad.

I'll just chime in here on something. Part of what I do for a living brings to me awareness of global shipping, both air and sea as my company uses both to get things from Asia to the US and Europe. We also ship from the US to Europe to Central America and any combination of three back and forth. Until recently, there was so much excess capacity in the system, the boats were running slowly to save fuel and so they wouldn't stack up at either end of a trip. Air freight, until recently was dirt cheap as planes were flying half empty. All this changed in the past 90-120 days. We're starting to have to wait on boats again and they're running full out, not quite like 07 but more like 06. I know a guy that's 3rd seat on a 747 for freight hauler and their 14 planes are booked out and they are looking at picking up more planes for capacity. Six months ago, they were looking at retiring 4 planes. The air freight system collapsed 6 months before we knew we were in a recession, they are a leading indicator and all indicators are pegged.

Sounds like a positive indication to me. Unless all the traffic bypasses the U.S. and is between Europe, Central Asia, and Europe and they are trading in Euros.

Some businesses are picking up, but most companies are not hiring. As more people are unemployed for longer periods of time, the more desperate they get.