Matt

is it Cheapter to pick up a Remington 870 a a place like

870 tactical with ghost ring was quoted to me for 489 from BH.

Vinny wanted 480 out the door.

Dicks wanted 499 and that was in PA.

Just an example. All good prices from what I have seen so far.

870 tactical with ghost ring was quoted to me for 489 from BH.

Vinny wanted 480 out the door.

Dicks wanted 499 and that was in PA.

Just an example. All good prices from what I have seen so far.

If the prices are that close, even if the local range is 10-20 more expensive... support your local range.

What type of 870 are you looking for? An 870 express is a decent gun but is bottom line of the 870 quality. There are plastic parts in the express, even the express tactical. The 870 police, marine and desert recon are all steal parts and therefore they put up with more punishment. The 870 express may have a sloppier slide, it varies form gun to gun. The 870 wingmaster is known for having a very nice slide. As with most things in life, the higher quality comes with a higher price tag.

i just got a tiger stripe 870, 18.5 bead with extension for $420 out the door at meltzers. i went there, both ramsey outdoors, and today at BH, and meltzers was the cheapest; and only place that had this color. theyve never treated me or my family wrong in the 40+ years we've been going there.

ramsey wanted 455 for an 18.5 breecher barrel, and 400 for a plain, all black 870.

the 870 police and the like may have better parts, but think about how many thousands upon thousands of 870 express's have been hunting for 40+ years, without fail? unless the movie red dawn happens or zombies attack, none of us will ever put a gun through what it can actually take. that goes for an express, police, 500, 590A1, etc. etc.

case in point; 15+ years ago my parents got me an 870 express combo package for xmas, and my first 12ga hunting shotgun. came with a shorter rifle site dear barrel, and a regular long barrel with chokes. racking both the express and new tiger stripe together, side by side, they sound and feel identical.

I purchased an 870 express a few years back. No problems so far. I Would also like something more tacticool , but If I ever have to go to court I would not want the prosecutor to hold up an evil looking tactical shotgun and portray me as a gun nut. Now that I think about it I might just spray paint the whole thing pink.

I purchased an 870 express a few years back. No problems so far. I Would also like something more tacticool , but If I ever have to go to court I would not want the prosecutor to hold up an evil looking tactical shotgun and portray me as a gun nut. Now that I think about it I might just spray paint the whole thing pink.

Really? I could care less since I'm alive and the perp is either dead or in jail!

Joeybones wrote:

Really? I could care less since I'm alive and the perp is either dead or in jail!

The "perp" will be just as dead if shot with a plain old 870 without a mag extention, pistol grip, forend grip, shoot-me light, side saddle, tactical sling, ghost ring sight and cop-stock.

I got that piece of advice from an Essex County Superior Court Judge. I assume he knows what he is talking about.

thats not the point. obviously a hunting shotgun will kill as well as a dressed one. whats in question is what the average, non-gun enthusiast jury member may think when shown either a plain hunting gun, or an outfitted tactical shotgun.

anyone with is head out of his ass knows the type of gun doesnt matter. but to an under informed, ignorant, possibly anti-gun lawyer/jury member, just seeing a customised shotgun or AR will scream "gun nut must convict"

everyone has seen at least a shotgun before. everyone has seen pictures of someone, maybe even a relative, hunting with a pump or double barrel. to the ignorant, they might think "oh its just a hunting gun." but when they see any nice 870 or 590 thats been shown on this board, they would think 'thats for killing people, not animals.'

if you think im defending them, then why would i be on this board? im not. im playing devils advocate and trying to understand the diluted mind of the anit-gunner.

Dan, you must learn something about me. You can never, never, never embarass me. I don't care!!!

No, back to the issue at hand. You can use any legal gun you want. If you feel like you must unpimp it to protect yourself from prosecution then do it. But it's kinda like seeing a cop when your driving down the highway speeding, and you jam on your breaks. If you act guilty, then you WILL be guilty.

Dan, you must learn something about me. You can never, never, never embarass me. I don't care!!!

Ray - not trying to embarrass you, you do that quite fine yourself. I do enjoy giving you a good natured ribbing now and then though.

Your right, it is embarassing being the top gun around Bullet Hole!

hahahahahahahahahahahahah :lol:

hahahahahahahahah

:dance:

:clap: :clap: :clap: