Sign in to follow this  
Matt

If you were going to buy a large piece of SHTF land, where

Argentina.

How are you going to get to Argentina with zombie hoards everywhere?

Anyway I could?

Chile might be better. Temperate climates, reduced fallout profile.

There is no place in the CONUS that is remote enough and yet still produces food. You need something within 1000 miles of the equator.

I was looking into land in WV. I'd love to have a cabin in a large track of land. WV is gun friendly and sparcely populated and hunter friendly. So the cabin would be a hunting location as well as a bug out location.

Franklin County VA, can make it there on 1 tank, and is near a lake, and loads of cattle, deer, turkeys, etc to eat. A huge lake and river nearby to drink...and plenty of woods and fields to grow and hide and fight....

im trying to get to West Virginia, looking into various things out there now.. might take a trip out there just to see how it is, but I think anywhere would beat jersey, except for CA.

It needs to be either NJ or NY or PA, maybe Del or MD. You won't be able to get anywhere else. You certainly won't be able to drive on any interstates, so you need to be able to get there on one tank, on state, county or local roads.

Someone said "not NJ" but if the SHTF it doesn't matter where you go, everyplace will be equally messed up. You want to also be in a place where you can scavenge, loot, etc. Some place in the NW or South part of NJ might be very good for this.