Matt

New vacation spot?

UPDATE: Reader Ron has emailed in, saying that his German wife watched the video and can report that the facilities are only open "to law enforcement, licensed hunters and licensed gun owners in Germany." Apparently, to procure a hunter's license one must spend a year studying botany, zoology, federal law, anatomy, and not to mention everything about firearms

Hunting in Germany and Austria is very expensive for the license and the guide, but I'm not aware of any of the other requirements you've mentioned. You have a guide who accompanies you the whole time and he basically does all of the work and carries the game out. My Father-in-law is originally from Germany and he's hunted there and Austria several times for Ibex, shami buck, ram etc. He also has hunted here for many years. Mind you it has been a few years since he hunted over in Europe and things may have changed but...

As far as the range, It would be pretty bad ass to shoot trap indoors. :)

That place is wow.

Only problem is... it would cost too much here and people would complain about prices.

I can easily see $1,000 a year membership fees for that range, and having it private, with exception of the store and restaurants.

Humn, maybe we should do this at Xanadu. =)

Imagine downhill skiing and shooting? =P

I would love to open a place like they have in Vegas for shooting full auto guns up in that area or maybe in Atlantic City.

ahhhh too bad NJ sucks

Place in vegas is a tourist trap. I am sorry, but $1 a round of 9mm is a bigger waste of money than the slot machines.

As soon as you get on the plane to vegas, you see their advertisement in the magazine in seatback, you get off the plane, and in the airport. On the way to the strip hotels, their add is on a billboards. You get into the hotel, they are in the magazine.

I would love to open a place like they have in Vegas for shooting full auto guns up in that area or maybe in Atlantic City.

ahhhh too bad NJ sucks

Place in vegas is a tourist trap. I am sorry, but $1 a round of 9mm is a bigger waste of money than the slot machines.

As soon as you get on the plane to vegas, you see their advertisement in the magazine in seatback, you get off the plane, and in the airport. On the way to the strip hotels, their add is on a billboards. You get into the hotel, they are in the magazine.

I know, thats great. Im saying I would love to open one though. I have no problem taking tourists money.

ahhhh too bad NJ sucks

I know, thats great. Im saying I would love to open one though. I have no problem taking tourists money.

I can only begin to ponder the costs. =)

Yeah but if you could make a living owning it, it would be totally worth it. Im guessing the insurance alone would cost a pretty penny.

Let's not forge the overhead of the transferrable MG's themselves. Ok yeah a MAC is $3-4K, a StEN about the same... But a Thompson is upwards of $20K, As are the rest of the "Sexy" MG's that people are going to want to shoot, and in shooting put a LOT more wear-and-tear on a finite commodity. Simple fact is that if people are willing to pay that $1.00 a round for shooting MG's, then they will make money at it..The general lack of knowledge Joe Citizen has regarding the NFA works in their favor. MOST people have no idea that you can buy transferrable MG's with relatively little hassle (in states that allow NFA of course) and think that machineguns are generally banned thanks to the media.

Yeah but if you could make a living owning it, it would be totally worth it. Im guessing the insurance alone would cost a pretty penny.

Let's not forge the overhead of the transferrable MG's themselves. Ok yeah a MAC is $3-4K, a StEN about the same... But a Thompson is upwards of $20K, As are the rest of the "Sexy" MG's that people are going to want to shoot, and in shooting put a LOT more wear-and-tear on a finite commodity. Simple fact is that if people are willing to pay that $1.00 a round for shooting MG's, then they will make money at it..The general lack of knowledge Joe Citizen has regarding the NFA works in their favor. MOST people have no idea that you can buy transferrable MG's with relatively little hassle (in states that allow NFA of course) and think that machineguns are generally banned thanks to the media.

I'm going there with a machine gun budget.

I know its a "Tourist Trap", supposedly, its lead safe ammo so I guess that costs a few cents more, but I wont be able to buy a machine gun any time in the next few years at the very least, so it's just a cost of the vacation to me.

I'm also the guy who bought the crappy crepes next to the cruise ship in Saint Martin, and rented the mini boat for like $300.

Idk, if you don't like the place, don't bad mouth it, just move aside and let the next guy in line spend his money.