Guest HuntingPaper

My first 40 S&W pistol. Please advise.

I have some PPs coming up and I'm planning on use the first one on a 40 cal. I have narrow down my options to a Glock 22 Gen4, Sig 226 or XD40. I would like to read your thoughts and if anyone owns any of those it and wants to meet at BH to let me try them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

USPSA L10 division. I own a G19 and fits good on my hand and I've shot the XD45 and 226 in 9mm and love them both.

I have some PPs coming up and I'm planning on use the first one on a 40 cal. I have narrow down my options to a Glock 22 Gen4, Sig 226 or XD40. I would like to read your thoughts and if anyone owns any of those it and wants to meet at BH to let me try them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I have the 226 in .40 and it's a great gun. Used to shoot the 226 in 9mm back in the day. Same great gun. I don't go to BH but if you want to go to CJR&P I'd be happy to let you give it a whirl.

I love my G22! Great fit & feel for me and my shooting ability and needs. Handles very well. Recoil is about the same as my Ruger SR9. No jams or issues and I purchased this gun used.

I agree with previous posters....you have to handle as many of your choices as possible. Everybody has opinions but your the one laying out the money and the one who is gunna shoot it so you have to be comfortable and happy with whichever gun.

Good luck!

-Scott

Thanks in advance!

I have the 226 in .40 and it's a great gun. Used to shoot the 226 in 9mm back in the day. Same great gun. I don't go to BH but if you want to go to CJR&P I'd be happy to let you give it a whirl.

PM sent :)

I suggest a Sig P226 in 40 S&W. My Sig shoots sweet. I shot a glock in .40 and I like the way the Sig handles the recoil better. There was something with the glock trigger digging into my finger which I didn't like. I have almost 2K rounds through mine and it runs flawless. I have an Equinox but the P226 Elite is sweet! I'll bring it to the next meet at the Bullet Hole if you want to shoot it.

I've fired a Glock 22 .40 S&W - was very nice, recoil was very controllable. If you've got a G19 you'll be very used to the Glock feel. That being said, I've also fired a Sig P226 9mm as well. As much as I liked the P226, I still prefer the Glock.

I have the G22. First gun I've owned. Love it. Have never had an issue with almost 1500 rds through it. I just like the feel and simplicity of a glock.

Haha.....1500 rnds, you sure? Is that can gone? :mrgreen:

Shadow has a Glock and I have a P226 in 40. Your more than welcome to come down to Shore Shot on Tuesday nights when we meet up and fire mine. I assume Tony will be there also..

That way you can have both in your hands at the same time...well kinda.

If you are interested, I have a Taurus PT940 SS in .40S&W. My first pistol, and I didn't try it before I bought it. Maybe 200 rounds through it. Now, I find taller grips and full-size pistols better suited for my hands. Trigger work done by gunsmith to smooth it out.

This Taurus is a compact-mid size pistol. Looks like in the pic below. I can post real pics if interested. Will sell for $425, or better yet consider a trade (+/- $) for Beretta 92FS / M9 in 9mm.

PT940SS.jpg

I have the G22. First gun I've owned. Love it. Have never had an issue with almost 1500 rds through it. I just like the feel and simplicity of a glock.

Shadow has a Glock and I have a P226 in 40. Your more than welcome to come down to Shore Shot on Tuesday nights when we meet up and fire mine. I assume Tony will be there also..

LOL...still have a bit of "our" ammo left yes! probably will have it for a while now that I converted to 9mm for the range. See you Tues!

I'll try to make it this coming Tue. I've been wanting to visit SS for a while and they might have a XD40 for rent so I can try them all :D

Thanks in advance!

I have a Glock 22 Gen 3 w/ a Hogue sleeve, Lone Wolf Distributors 9mm drop-in barrel, 2 extra 15 rd .40 S&W mags, 2 10 rd 9mm mags, and some .40 S&W ammo I'd be willing to part with if you want a Gen 3. :D

Forget a 40, and get a 9.

I have a 9 already and I need a larger caliber to score major on USPSA Limited :)