njpilot

"I Fought For You" - Video

sadly, in my mind I hear after "I fought for you" I hear "and it means nothing..."

my God, 103 degrees and people are crying? It was 114 when I hit the ground in Q8. That was springtime.

But I had a freakin' tent with A/C. Imagine those tankers in North Africa in WWII.

Video's like these tug at my heart strings and tear ducts, but I was in that belly, but it makes no nevermind to those that look at it as cheese.

People don't know what they don't know.

It really is rare to see any type of appreciation in these areas. I remember coming home a few times (via Newark) in BDU/DCU/ACUs, and Class As once, and the most I would get would be a, "I have a [son/daughter/husband/wife/etc] who serves in [insert branch], thank you." The look I would get was mostly apprehensiveness, though, fortunately, never anything negative.

As for the vid, I'd agree with bulpup. I would note though, I would NEVER let an old timer vet salute me if I was still AD-- should've been the unis saluting the old timers :)

What's funny is that alot of service members are 1st generation American's from all over the world and they love this country more than the rodents that have been here for ever. I know of service members who have only been to the "main land" when going to Army or Marine bases.

It really is rare to see any type of appreciation in these areas. I remember coming home a few times (via Newark) in BDU/DCU/ACUs, and Class As once, and the most I would get would be a, "I have a [son/daughter/husband/wife/etc] who serves in [insert branch], thank you." The look I would get was mostly apprehensiveness, though, fortunately, never anything negative.

As for the vid, I'd agree with bulpup. I would note though, I would NEVER let an old timer vet salute me if I was still AD-- should've been the unis saluting the old timers :)

My grandfather and uncles were all in the military, and all those people I know, the old timers have more respect than many who are in the service now. They will always salute because it means something to them.

That was a fantastic video, I want to post that on Facebook. Maybe this will increase patriotism a bit...