imperialfish

Discovery Channel New Show "The Colony"

A bit late to the party, but I just got to watch the DVR tonight. It sucks that this show is on at the same time a Rescue Me.

There weakest trait is security and defense. Like bbk said they got broken up and conquerd. They would have been better off permanetly blocking all entrance except one and blockading themselves into the building. Open up the hole in the roof, for roof access to defend from above.

I will give them credit regards to using the materials they find. It appears that in the future they use chain link fence to secure the windows and using the hand rail as a fire-pit grate, was smart.

Although daily tasks are important, more time should have been spent securing the building and exploring the environment. Im sure there are a lot of items scattered about that they could really use if they go and look.

Last but not least they better get on the ball with the food or this is going to end quickly.

do like they did back in the day, pour burning oil on them from the roof of the castle. And create 1 entry point where they have to come through in order to get in. Also making bows & arrows would be good.

Looks like this season there is way less rules as far as physical violence is concerned. First episode there have already been a few fights... people beating each other with sticks, pepper spray, etc. Lol... sign up for a survival show and end up getting pepper sprayed and beat up every few days HAHAH! I guess its up to the producers to determine how much crap the outsiders give them. I mean if a new mob of 15 people came in once a day and started a brawl the show would pretty much be over.

I was able to watch the first two episodes of season 1 last night, and then caught the DVR of the first episode of season 2 tonight. So far, I am at least glad that season two is not full of engineers who can think of McGiver type things like wood fuel...that made season 1 seem too far out there from the start.

As for season 2...they really need to get their heads in the game. First thing I would do in a situation like that is put up a defense...anything...they totally didn't even think about it. Next I would make myself as hard to find as possible, and my supplies even harder.

Does anyone ever watch Midway's Best Defense Survival? Great show if you can catch it or DVR it.

Living close to camden/philly I have been passing different survival situations in my head for a few months now. I am sure none of my hippy neighbors are going to be good for anything if riots ever broke out....

Eh, I wouldn't discriminate people in a time of crisis. The worst of times can bring out the bad, of course, but, and its for debate, the best as well... another one of those oddities of the human species. I just wouldn't be quick to trust neighbors who I hardly know.

Anybody been watching?

Lol... you see the end of last episode? The totally useless prissy chick gets kidnapped. Here's what really happened. She decided she wanted to quit the experiment cause she ran out of nail polish... so they faked a scene where she was taken. Producers are ok with that as they will just play if off as "stressing the other colonists". Same thing happened last season... but its funny that its the most completely useless prissy resource hogging person that got snatched.

The bridge... completely useless. They can't just get wet every time they wanna go across the creek?

The forge... seemed like a dumb idea, but turned out to be pretty useful.

the windmill... sounds like a good idea if they can get it working

the building burning drama... who cares its just some empty house!

Going to the bayou... seems like a complete waste of time unless they send people that actually can hunt stuff

I wonder what the time lapse on the bayou is. I watched it and I dont think they spent more than a couple of hours there at most. If you are truly in need of food you should be sending 3 people everyday all day to the bayou. That place has food in it if they actually took the time to look and setup traps and snares.

These people are like a bunch of scatter brains. One person doing this one person doing that. Seriously, sit down and work as a group to complete things quicker.

Also as soon as night time starts these guys sit around a fire and do nothing. They should be draining vehicle fuel tanks at night in teams of 3.

The only thing they did right this time was to barricade themselves in the house.

I think they were dumb not to send out like two dudes to scare off that thief. If a friggin army came outta the bush they could have retreated back into the building.

yeah, they really have no coordination at all. Nobody takes action on anything until its a concern. They shouldn't look at the food on the shelves as time they have left... more like time *IN THE BANK. They should be doing A LOT more to get other food and only using cans incase an actual effort only results in a turtle. Who cares if its about to rain... like that matters in the Bayou?

Lol... a 6" turtle :facepalm::facepalm:

Hey at least they got an airplane in 10000 pieces :lol::lol:

I totally need to be on that show.... get some machetes, spears, and shields and start pillaging!

:lol: arm your whole crew with sling shots and you can put up a pretty good fight firing rocks.