deni

Hello all! Bayonne, NJ here!

Hey guys

New guy here. I was first introduced to the world of firearms just recently on a bachelor trip to Las Vegas.

Shot a 9mm m16, a g36 and a 12ga shotgun.

From there I guess you could say I got bitten by a bug.

Right now I'm taking the steps into acquiring my first firearm- a handgun.

Will be dropping off an application for a FID and purchase permit next week to get the ball rolling.

Have been reading a lot on various websites and forums and watching youtube vids about all the different kind of handguns.

After all that I feel I've narrowed down my choices to a few- glock 19, xd9 or xdm9, fnp9 or fnx 9 and the px4.

All 9mm because apparently that's the most inexpensive ammo and I wanna be doing a lot of shooting at the range.

I will be checking out Shore Shot to fire some guns before I make a purchase- also wanna fire something in the .45acp caliber and see how i feel about that(for the simple fact that most 45s don't have to dumb down the mag capacity just to be legal in nj)

Well, that's my story for now...

If anyone has any tips for a newcomer it is more than welcome.

Otherwise

Thanks for having me!

Wow, finally another Bayonne member!

Deni, they will allow you to aply for 3 permits. You will have to extend the last one but it's not a big deal. If you wanna shoot some of your choices, we meet up at the Bullet Hole in Belleville every other Tuesday and at the Bayonne range in the in between Tuesdays. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

If it's your FID and permits that your applying for, pull up a chair. It's gonna be at least a few months.

I'd ask for 3... I think 4 would be impossible to use with the 30day limit...

The Idea is that even if he uses 3 in 3 months...in a few months he's got one he can just get renewed instead of the whole background process again.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

To those that asked- yes, I still have to apply for my FID.

and to those that suggested- absolutely, I will be applying for at least 3 P2P.

Here's to a speedy process...

Welcome from Southern Monmouth!

Yes, by all means apply for 3 at the least, or even better, 5. Only another $4 and you can get them extended.

I love my .45 and 9mm, but my next purchase will be a .22 pistol in 1911 design. I try and get to the range a couple times a week, but after shooting 150 rds. through my .45 and realizing that "Damn, I just shot $75 worth of ammo" the .22 seems the way to go. Can buy 1000 rds. of .22 LR ammo for $50 when it's on sale. As much fun to shoot as the bigger caliber? No, but I'll be able to continue building my marksmanship chops without breaking the bank.