fermbizz

Which gun would you prefer? Beretta 92fs or Glock 17

I love my G19, however the one point that always makes me nervous is the fact that there is no real safety other than keeping your finger off the trigger. When out of state and I CC, I usually don't chamber a round...until it becomes an emergency that is.

What? Really? Why?

Ray Ray,

Just makes me nervous I guess. I am using a Serpa holster right now which is good at protecting the trigger, however I just don't have enough time and practice in with the draw I guess. I'd hate to shoot my toe off...LOL

Practice with the thing loaded with snap caps... start with a slow and methodical draw and pay attention to you non-drawing hand position and your draw technique (i suggest the chicken wing numbers approach). Once you have the steps mentally broke down you can speed it up. At the range you can add live ammo. Holstering is more dangerous IMHO then drawing. You are pushing down on the weapon. If a shirt tail or something gets in the trigger guard, thats where you'll shoot your toe off. Keeping your finger out of the trigger at all times here is absolutely essential. Practice a slow and methodical holster without looking at the holster and without breaking any of the basic safety rules.

I love my G19, however the one point that always makes me nervous is the fact that there is no real safety other than keeping your finger off the trigger. When out of state and I CC, I usually don't chamber a round...until it becomes an emergency that is.

What? Really? Why?

Ray Ray,

Just makes me nervous I guess. I am using a Serpa holster right now which is good at protecting the trigger, however I just don't have enough time and practice in with the draw I guess. I'd hate to shoot my toe off...LOL

Practice with the thing loaded with snap caps... start with a slow and methodical draw and pay attention to you non-drawing hand position and your draw technique (i suggest the chicken wing numbers approach). Once you have the steps mentally broke down you can speed it up. At the range you can add live ammo. Holstering is more dangerous IMHO then drawing. You are pushing down on the weapon. If a shirt tail or something gets in the trigger guard, thats where you'll shoot your toe off. Keeping your finger out of the trigger at all times here is absolutely essential. Practice a slow and methodical holster without looking at the holster and without breaking any of the basic safety rules.

Practice Practice Practice

You have to get used to carrying with one in the chamber. If it bothers you that bad then get a firearm with a safety or even better, carry a revolver. Not having a round chambered is a big issue. Alot can happen in the amount of time it takes you take chamber a round, like being stabbed!

What? Really? Why?

Ray Ray,

If your weapon is not ready to go when its holstered, its more dangerous than not having one at all. You'll fumble in an emergency and get shot. Even if you dont fumble, you lose time. Very precious time. Many many thousands of glocks are walking around right now with a round in the chamber ready to roll, and I never hear of issues other than people who cannot excercise trigger discipline.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=400096

"...if you don't feel safe with a loaded gun then you shouldn't be carrying. "

I would get the glock and go with a g19. The Bereatta is a nice piece but not my cup of tea and neither is glock for the record. Personally, I would forego both and get a SIG!!!!

lol..

oh and you can bring frang ammo to SS, they use .223 in frangible at the range. I think it's only used for rifles though.

Beretta because its a classic piece, made of metal, full framed, and dead sexy. Not the glock because its an ugly, boring, plastic, hunk of junk that unfortunately shoots really well so people buy tons of them :lol:

I am biased towards Taurus PT92/99 series due to the frame mounted safety and cheaper price, unless you are luck enough like some people here to have a Beretta with the frame mounted safety. :shifty:

I like the frame mounted safety as well. Just last week I bought a used 92 SS on GB! It was made in 1998. I am hoping it's the reliable year ... :pray:

I have both a 92fs and a G19. I prefer the G19 since I shoot the Glock much better. The glock has less moving parts and is easier to maintain and take down is slightly faster. The glock is probably slightly more accurate due to it's locking design although the difference is moot for a service pistol.

You can also easily swap out the sights on a Glock and have a lot more sight options.

The 92fs is a classic pistol I probably will never get rid of. Maybe if I find one with straight dust cover. 8-)

They both are so different so its not easy to compare them side by side,,,

there are good table top reviews on youtube by Nutnfancy and they could be some what helpful

I have a Glock 17 and i am about to pick up my beretta 92fs so they are also two of my favorite 9mm hand guns.

i my self was there so i have decided to own both but so far all of friends with Beretta have found it to be problematic hand gun so if you r looking for something with ease and less care go for a Glock(cheap as hell when using your GSSF discount) Beretta character, heavy, quality more mag capacity than the 17

I love my Glock 17 and i have really not owned a Beretta just yet will be picking up next saturday from SS.

So after that if you would like to shoot both and get the feel just let me know i could let you use my guns

good luck

I love my Beretta...

IMG_0448.jpg

Its a Brigadier 92FS INOX.

Shoots phenomenally. Probably one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot.

But I also love my G19C...

P7202469.jpg

So what does that mean for you?

GET BOTH!!!!1!11!!11 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Personally though, if I had to choose, I'd say get the 92FS first.

I think its more n00b friendly. Plus there's most stuff on it to play with when you just wanna dry fire it around the house (single/double action, safety/decocker, etc etc)

You cant really dry fire the Glock too easily since its SAO..

You cant really dry fire the Glock too easily since its SAO..

All you need to do is pull the slide back about 1/4" to reset the striker

True, but its a PITA. Especially w/ a snap cap. Maybe the recoil spring still hasn't loosened up enough on mine, but it takes a bit of finesse to pull the slide back just enough to reset the trigger yet not so hard that it'll eject the snap cap.

Out of the box, the Beretta wins. If you go with the Glock, figure on installing an upgraded trigger kit. The factory trigger has too much creep and a mushy break. I installed a Ghost Rocket on my 24 and now its the equal to my Beretta if not better due to the consistent trigger pull. Also, the factory Glock sights are a joke. You can practically remove them with your bare hands.

Out of the box, the Beretta wins. If you go with the Glock, figure on installing an upgraded trigger kit. The factory trigger has too much creep and a mushy break. I installed a Ghost Rocket on my 24 and now its the equal to my Beretta if not better due to the consistent trigger pull. Also, the factory Glock sights are a joke. You can practically remove them with your bare hands.

+1

My Glocks get Ghost Triggers and Meprolight sights. A world of difference.