jgofnj

Did I damage the crown on my new Buckmark

Just got my first gun and was reading how important it is to not damage the crown of the barrel. I was cleaning the barrel with a cleaning rod and brass head. After getting the bristles through the opening of the crown, the part where the brush head and the rod meet hit the crown on the barrel. I don

Did you use a steel rod? What're you doing cleaning a .22 anyway :lol: Just kidding, I think I see a small bit of the coating maybe colored silvery for some reason bet 12 &1 o'clock, are you sureits a ding in the crown and not something cme off your(aluminum) pistol cleaning rod?

Do yourself a favor if you are going to be (excuse me)anal with that pistol.

Fold up a rag, put it on a table, push the muzzle into the rag and clean the pistol from the breach using only a jag, solvent and a patch. Never let the jag go past the crown. Abandon the brush and the pistol will never have a damaged or worn crown. I have been cleaning my Anschutz match rifle like this for ever and it is like new.

Its VERY dangerous! You can send it to me, I'll do ya the favor of disposing of it properly ;)

Seriously though, it is true that the crown is critical BUT if there is any damage, its very minor. And, its not a 1,000 yard rifle. You can always use white out on your muzzle, fire a few rounds make sure the soot is symetrical