fliks

Knoxx SpecOps Stock on a Mossberg 500

Anyone besides TonyJ have the Knoxx SpecOps Stock on a Mossberg 500? How is it working out for you? The reviews I read of it online sound good. Sure, they say it doesn't reduce recoil by 95%, but it reduces it pretty well. More importantly, does it actually come with a fore-grip? I haven't seen any pictures of it (the fore-grip), does anyone have any pictures of theirs? How easy/difficult is it to put on? Is there a brick & mortar store in the area that carries it so I can take a look at the actual thing before buying?

thanks!

I'm sure you can find a picture somewhere with a 500 wearing a Knoxx stock. My co-worker has that stock on his 870, definitly a quality made stock and a big step up from my ATI stock.

I've seen pics of the stock on, but not the fore-grip. Especially not with any detail. I'm looking to replace the wood furniture on the Mossy I'm getting from lunker, so I'd want to replace the fore-grip too, not just the stock.

I have one on a Win 1300 and it's fantastic. With the stock fully collapsed, and reduced recoil, my wife can handle the weapon without difficulty. If they are selling them with a fore grip that is news to me as when I bought mine it was only just the butt stock. Installation is really simple, just tightening of a single long allen head bolt. However having a ball ended Allen wrench to make your like significantly easier.

here's a photo I found googling around. I wonder if that's the fore-grip it really comes with. all the pictures I see of it online show the "ribbed" fore-grip that normally comes on the tactical Mossberg 500s. I guess I'll wait to actually get the gun before buying the stock for it.

Thanks, Chris. I'll take a look at your limbsaver when I come by on Wednesday, but like I said, I'm not crazy about the wood furniture and I'm one of them guys that prefer the tactical look.

Before adding a pistol grip to a 500, please consider the location of the safety. Pistol grips and mossbergs are not the best idea. Yeah, I know, tons of people do it... doesn't make it smart tho :) Just sayin.

yah, I totally thought about that. but it's not like I'll be switching the safety on and off constantly. once it's off - it's off. I'll see how I feel about it after I get the actual gun. I just wanted some opinions and mostly opinions about the fore-grip.

Before adding a pistol grip to a 500, please consider the location of the safety. Pistol grips and mossbergs are not the best idea. Yeah, I know, tons of people do it... doesn't make it smart tho :) Just sayin.

+1... very important for an HD shotgun

Well its not like you are walking around the woods with one in the hole. Even at home its highly unlikely you'll have one locked and loaded. I think the closest to ready to fire I would put a HD shotgun would be the chamber empty, tube loaded, chamber closed, firing mechanism fired. You wont need to press the slide release to rack it, someone would physically have to pump it to get it to fire, and you get the added benefit of the nice sounding CHACHINK right before the bad guy turns tail and takes one in the ass :lol:

I would agree with sirsloop with the addition of safety off. If you want to "lock" it up dont use the safety, just keep it cocked. The unlock switch is easier to get to than the safety with a PG and harder for strangers to figgure out. But if I had the choice, no safety, dropped hammer, empty chamber slide closed tube filled

that's exactly how I'd keep it. on a totally different note:

can I paint a trigger?

I was just daydreaming over my future purchase and noticed that it has a brass trigger, which I'm also not keen on. I wouldn't pay $90 to replace a trigger assembly that works fine, but is there any other way to make the trigger black without compromising function? some thin kind of paint? nail polish from a goth vampire?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10140

I really should rename this thread Feliks' shotgun project.... :D

I'm sure some steel wool would take it off without looking ugly. You'de then have a bare in the white trigger (assuming its steel) and it would be shiney silver. Paint would wear off. You can cold blue the trigger after taking off the "gold" plating (I have some you can use)

My hands are small but I have no trouble with the safety and the knoxx recoil reducing pistol grip. Although Ray Ray got a little booboo using my ghetto blaster. LOL

tommy, did your Knoxx come with a fore-grip?

Nope. There was no combo package so i was gonna buy it separately but it was out of stock when I ordered. there were 2 different sizes, depending on which 500 model you had.

My hands are small but I have no trouble with the safety and the knoxx recoil reducing pistol grip. Although Ray Ray got a little booboo using my ghetto blaster. LOL

Wow, I forgot about that. It WAS the safety that scratched my stomach! It didn't help that we were shooting 3 inch magnums out of that boom stick!

Back to the topic

When you pick up your shotgun, shoot her as is. Then decide on what you want.

I almost have no choice... I gotta reign in the gun spending or the Mrs. will kill me. So I'll definitely just shoot it for a bit with the furniture that's on there. When it's closer to present getting time, I'll splurge on the new furniture. :twisted:

were you joking or serious? because, dude, you know, I'd seriously consider that. who'd buy my blood? I doubt they want my semen, too much trouble. If I could sell like $100 worth of blood... I wonder how much blood that would be?... to finance the new stock... I'd totally do it! :twisted:

were you joking or serious? because, dude, you know, I'd seriously consider that. who'd buy my blood? I doubt they want my semen, too much trouble. If I could sell like $100 worth of blood... I wonder how much blood that would be?... to finance the new stock... I'd totally do it! :twisted:

You'll fit right in with us bro, no doubt.

it's really seeming that way, Ray. I've been on this thing for like a week and it seems like I'm "home"

but back to the topic at hand... I wonder if Efinger's has the SpecOps stock... it's probably be like $20 more at least, but if I pay cash.. the wife won't know :twisted: she's the one doing all the finances... she's the smart one ;) I promised "no more gun stuff for a while" but I got this Ben Franklin burning in my pocket... and I guess I can sell some blood...