fliks

Knoxx SpecOps Stock on a Mossberg 500

...but if I pay cash.. the wife won't know :twisted: she's the one doing all the finances... she's the smart one ;) I promised "no more gun stuff for a while" but I got this Ben Franklin burning in my pocket...

It's official. You fit in just fine! Welcome :lol:

it sure felt that way when I joined! thanks!

I'm gonna see if they have them @ Efinger's. Cabela's has 'em for $120, Midwayusa has a sale on 'em, $ 99.99 until Aug. 31st. there's a coupon out there, but you gotta buy $100... I'm a penny short... I might get like a picatinny rail for a few bucks, then I could use the coupon... I'm such a Jew :D

it sure felt that way when I joined! thanks!

I'm gonna see if they have them @ Efinger's. Cabela's has 'em for $120, Midwayusa has a sale on 'em, $ 99.99 until Aug. 31st. there's a coupon out there, but you gotta buy $100... I'm a penny short... I might get like a picatinny rail for a few bucks, then I could use the coupon... I'm such a Jew :D

The taxes and shipping will put you over the finger!

yah, I think they meant the actual stuff, I tried the coupon and it said it was applied, but the price didn't change, stayed $ 99.99

hey Ray, on a different topic, you've got a CX4? which caliber? how is it?

yah, I think they meant the actual stuff, I tried the coupon and it said it was applied, but the price didn't change, stayed $ 99.99

hey Ray, on a different topic, you've got a CX4? which caliber? how is it?

9mm, Px4 mags (I've got the Px4 too)

Love it!

I'm working up the scratch for a Burris XTS 135 red dot with Burris low mount. Hence the Hi-Power for sale.

alright, to veer off topic for a bit, it's my thread so I can...

Ray, I'm not knockin you bud, I just wanna understand...

why would you want a carbine chambered for pistol caliber? I mean, I guess I could understand .45ACP, the Thompson shoots that and I think that's way cool, but 9mm? is it more accurate? I'd guess so, with the longer barrel. what were your reasons?

aaand now to get back on track...

so the SpecOps stock is already on order from Midway, but I was checking out some pic on the shotgun world forum (don't wanna join it yet, but looking around the pics) I was a bit concerned about the capacity 4 + 1, not too tactical...

and I saw this. the Knoxx sidewinder I think it's called. I think someone mentioned they don't make them anymore and they'd cost a pretty penny. anyone know anything about it? would it cost more than the shotgun itself?

To answer your shotgun question, you can get an extended magazine tube to give you either 1, 2, or 3 extra rounds.

To answer your Cx4 question, it's a zombie thing! I live tacticool stuff and this fits the bill, to a tee. I have an AR for real knockdown punch, but inside 100 yards this bad boy can't be beat.

Ray, I've been looking for an extended magazine tube, but I don't think they make them for Mossberg 500s. (you're a Remington guy, as I recall, right? those are different) It's because the way the barrel attaches to the mag tube. you'd have to get a new barrel it seems to extend the magazine, or actually an extended magazine, and at that point, you may as well just get a whole new gun :(

That conversion kit... way cool... but seems to cost almost as much as my shotty will... I wonder how it works, I guess it must block the actual mag tube to have the shells fed straight in....

and Ray, still not knockin ya, pal.... but you think 9mm has enough zombie stoppin' power? maybe with hollowpoints... I guess...

115 grain 9mm rounds out of a rifle barrel are going really fast. They do 1300 fps out of a pistol. Add 200fps for a rifle barrel. That is 357mag territory. Throw in the autoloading capacity of 15 round (or greater) magazines, and the quick handling balance of a carbine, and you have a formidable stopper.

man, you guys are good!

lunker - really looking forward to meeting you Wednesday! going to the bank to get ca$h right now.

Glenn - So glad you're in my 'hood. Thanx for helping me out with the midway order. I'm going to Efinger's to pick up that Hunter's Ed video. it's free right?

yah I just came back from Efinger's - got 'em... I doubt I'll be hunting anytime soon, but the course is an excuse to hang out with Glenn, since he teaches the "live fire" portion of it... for free, right Glenn? I'm not payin' ya!!! :naughty:

Ray, I've been looking for an extended magazine tube, but I don't think they make them for Mossberg 500s. (you're a Remington guy, as I recall, right? those are different) It's because the way the barrel attaches to the mag tube. you'd have to get a new barrel it seems to extend the magazine, or actually an extended magazine, and at that point, you may as well just get a whole new gun :(

That conversion kit... way cool... but seems to cost almost as much as my shotty will... I wonder how it works, I guess it must block the actual mag tube to have the shells fed straight in....

and Ray, still not knockin ya, pal.... but you think 9mm has enough zombie stoppin' power? maybe with hollowpoints... I guess...

115 grain 9mm rounds out of a rifle barrel are going really fast. They do 1300 fps out of a pistol. Add 200fps for a rifle barrel. That is 357mag territory. Throw in the autoloading capacity of 15 round (or greater) magazines, and the quick handling balance of a carbine, and you have a formidable stopper.
The appeal of a pistol caliber carbine is it is easier to shoot accuratly and rapidly (low recoil), shares ammo, longer range than a pistol, light and handy compared to a rifle with cheap ammo (for 9mm at least)

What my friends said. And you CAN get an extension for your Mossy. Check Midway, CTD, or Nachez.

And you CAN get an extension for your Mossy. Check Midway, CTD, or Nachez.

I don't think it's possible for a standard 500. 500 breacher yes... 590/590a1 yes. Regular 500 - not unless you replace the magazine tube with one from a 590 or something.. assuming that's even possible.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=712123

Wow, didn't know you can't add on to your existing tube! This is just another reason to buy a Remy!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I can buy two mossy's, one for each hand for the price of one Remy. :lol:

Wow, didn't know you can't add on to your existing tube! This is just another reason to buy a Remy!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not true, don't jack up the prices on Remy Danny! The price difference isn't that big, so why not spend the extra 50 bucks and get a real pump?

Not true, don't jack up the prices on Remy Danny! The price difference isn't that big, so why not spend the extra 50 bucks and get a real pump?

Glad to hear that Remy only costs $125... When you find it, lemme know.

the real price difference is about $100 or so. I've been looking around. maybe a Remy is better, maybe I' get that for my next shotgun, whenever (not too soon) I'd be getting another shotgun, but for my first one, I wanted a Mossberg. Maybe it's because of the way it rolls off my tongue, I like name. MOSSBERG. maybe because 50Cent mentioned it in a rap about selling guns from his trunk... :shifty: I don't know It's what I wanted, so there :D

maybe because 50Cent mentioned it in a rap about selling guns from his trunk... :shifty:

If we all bought guns that rappas liked, we'd own Glock's, 38's, and Mossys!

Please don't by it cause fity said to!