FFDP82

Attention "AK" Newbies

I figured I would share some things with you guys, since it seems we have quite a few people getting into WASR/PAP/Saiga and the usual questions that stem from people new to these guns.

Here's a fine example of the gun that "takes a licking and keeps on ticking"

This one was captured from one of the Somali pirates from the Maersk Alabama incident on Memorial Day a few year(s)? back. It's safe to say, it's round count is probably in the six digits (with most of the shots probably fired into the air wildly at "political demonstrations") yes, it is still operational.

From the original caption "Salt water and third world maintenance is a bitch"

All in good fun, hope this helps![/b]

The irony :D 1 Somali holding a rifle worth about 10 bucks got shot and killed by a rifle costing , my best guess 25,000!

Ha, factor in the worth of the men involved (training, logistics, etc), and that Somali holding the AK is still worth $10; the SEAL and his weapon, probably close to $800K+ :D

The irony :D 1 Somali holding a rifle worth about 10 bucks got shot and killed by a rifle costing , my best guess 25,000!

Ha, factor in the worth of the men involved (training, logistics, etc), and that Somali holding the AK is still worth $10; the SEAL and his weapon, probably close to $800K+ :D

The Somali militant equipment is of a comparable value to that. After all, a life jacket and a pair of garden gloves ain't cheap, especially when your only source of income is robbing other shit-broke starving peasants. :lol:

[attachment=0]African infantryman of the year Liberian militias African militias AK 47 1.JPG.jpeg[/attachment]

"It won't stop a bullet, but it sure looks boo-ya!"

:facepalm:

Ahaha, yea, is that from the article that explains the crazy antics of African "freedom fighters"? The article where it shows guys with AK magazines with the bottom blown out, and bad 1980's wind breakers? I read it once, and have been looking for it since.

Good read, and great story! But I'll still choose an AR cause It has usable sights!

I shoot my Saiga with Iron sights all the time? what are you talking about...

Good read, and great story! But I'll still choose an AR cause It has usable sights!

I'm just bustin chops. The sights are "usable" on AKs, but AR sights are second to none.

I'm just bustin chops. The sights are "usable" on AKs, but AR sights are second to none.

You can swap the sights on an AK very easily, I shoot 200 yards with iron sights on my 7.62x39, I use a Kreb's rear sight leaf that gives it a very nice sight picture. If I get around to shooting 300 yards one day, I'll swap the front sight post for a thinner front sight post and it will surely do well.

Or, if you like AR sights, you can just put them on your AK, literally. Only costs a couple bucks, and all you need are some screws, a hacksaw and a drill.

http://forum.novarata.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1485

Or a Williams sight:

http://forum.novarata.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1478