bry@n

CZ handguns

I also buy the Baby Eagle mags because they work too. CZUSA has them but they are a little pricey. From time to time they have them on sale so keep a look out.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/SearchByCategory.aspx?CategoryCode=35

For those curious about the SAO guns, i'm not sure there is a difference in the actual hammer and sear and subsequent trigger feel from that of a DA/SA gun when used in SA mode. So if you get a feel for the SA mode from a combo action gun, thats what a SAO gun will be like.

For instance, my SP01 came in DA/SA but since its a tuned IPSC / USPSA competition style gun, i never use it in DA mode. However, since its DA capable, it has a trigger with a deep recurve on it to get enough trigger sweep for DA mode that i didn't like as it comes back way to far for the SA break point. I called the CZ factory custom shop where i bought it from as they advertise a SA-only replacement trigger that has much less curve and sits almost dead center of the trigger guard when sitting at the SA break point (which is is always at since it eliminates DA mode entirely). This trigger also had pre and post travel adjustment set screws to further refine the movement. Basically, with the way the SA only trigger is positioned, it will never move beyond the SA reset to allow it to go into DA reset and so DA is totally eliminated. The trigger is totally drop-in with no gunsmithing required other than taking the action apart and reassembling. The trigger is actually an OEM CZ part as it comes off the CZ85 combat model (flat SA only trigger). They may add the overtravel setscrews later as an add-on but the point is that the trigger itself controls/limits the action mode in the CZ action.

Original DA/SA trigger (notice the deep curve of the trigger and far forward position as it sits at the DA start point):

Same gun but with the SAO trigger i added later (notice the relatively flat trigger as it sits at the SAO break point):

I have a question about workings of the SAO only trigger (not the SA mode of DA/SA)... it still has the external hammer, so does the hammer move back and then forward on SA pull of the trigger? What's the pull weight of the SAO trigger on yours or was that tweaked too?

I have a question about workings of the SAO only trigger (not the SA mode of DA/SA)... it still has the external hammer, so does the hammer move back and then forward on SA pull of the trigger? What's the pull weight of the SAO trigger on yours or was that tweaked too?

No, the hammer would work the same as any SA action - it has to be first cocked either by hand or by the slide reciprocating, just like any SAO gun such as the 1911.

The tuned action is 2.5 lbs in SA mode.

Well tonight I purchased a CZ 75D Compact (p-01). I am looking into a sp-01 also. I am liking CZ.

nice- i was looking at a used one a nj firearms guild... used but looked and felt great.

if you don't mind- how much did u score yours for?

I've got a CZ 75B which I sent off to CZ Custom (czcustom.com) to get their competition hammer installed and a trigger job. They basically polished the internals, replaced the stock hammer with the competition hammer, replaced the stock mag brake with the stainless steel mag brake, and lightened the main spring to 15# (down from stock 20#). This does a lot of improve the feel of the gun. Trigger is smooth as butter and doesn't cam, the pull is also lightened in both DA and SA modes. The mags drop free as well. I really love this pistol and can't recommend it enough to shooters out there!

Here are some pics:

936946337_fF5Nc-L.jpg

936946427_C8oie-L.jpg

Shore Shot has a CZ P01 (decocker w/rail) in their used rack. It is selling for $460, and could probably be had for less with some haggling. The gun has NO wear on it. I believe the original buyer's paperwork may not have come through.

Luger,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the tuneup set you back? And, does the tuned gun still qualify to compete in Production class?

TIA

K

Luger,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the tuneup set you back? And, does the tuned gun still qualify to compete in Production class?

TIA

K

I paid $160 for the work + shipping. Here's a link to a detailed description of the work CZ Custom performs: http://czcustom.com/sanditriggerworksada.aspx

According to them, as long as you leaving the firing pin block intact, you can still qualify to compete in Production class. I left my in and the gun is still a sweet shooter.

I paid $160 for the work + shipping. Here's a link to a detailed description of the work CZ Custom performs: http://czcustom.com/...erworksada.aspx

According to them, as long as you leaving the firing pin block intact, you can still qualify to compete in Production class. I left my in and the gun is still a sweet shooter.

Thanks for the link and the information.

I have a birthday coming up. This just went on the list.

K

Bry@n, if you decide to cure your signess and contract CZikness, give me a call. I'll gladly buy ALL your stuff. :)

BTW, I finally shot the storm. Freakin' awesome! Made me want to buy more stuff from you.

Glad you like the Storm. It is a great gun to shoot and surely a tack driver. My Signess is not cured, I am still head over heels for Sigs. I just seemed to find some CZikness along the way. I have shot my 228 during the week and I am getting used to the sights. Te sighting is a little different from my 226, but not much different.

I also was able to get a feeling for Kristen's 229 and there is definitely a difference between the 228 and 229.

Thanks for asking that Kenw cause I was thinking the same thing.

I was also wondering what the cost factor was?

Also, can you use this gun as a carry gun after having this work done?

Sorry, just saw your question otherwise I'd have replied sooner. I would feel comfortable carrying this pistol (if I could...) If you decide to get this job done, make sure you don't go too aggressive with the weight of the main spring. The stock main spring is 20# and I originally had CZ Custom put in a 13# spring. The trigger was super light, but I had a lot of light primer strikes with certain types of ammo (S&B - which uses very hard, lacquered primers). Other types of ammo (i.e. Federal American Eagle were 100% reliable). The 13# spring would be fine if I loaded my own ammo or if I was using this pistol for competition/range-only, but as this pistol serves double duty as my HD pistol as well, I wasn't satisfied. I replaced the 13# spring with a heavier, 15# spring, and in approx 1800 rounds I haven't seen any further issues. Trigger is still sweet with a 15#'er in there :)

Sorry, just saw your question otherwise I'd have replied sooner. I would feel comfortable carrying this pistol (if I could...) If you decide to get this job done, make sure you don't go too aggressive with the weight of the main spring. The stock main spring is 20# and I originally had CZ Custom put in a 13# spring. The trigger was super light, but I had a lot of light primer strikes with certain types of ammo (S&B - which uses very hard, lacquered primers). Other types of ammo (i.e. Federal American Eagle were 100% reliable). The 13# spring would be fine if I loaded my own ammo or if I was using this pistol for competition/range-only, but as this pistol serves double duty as my HD pistol as well, I wasn't satisfied. I replaced the 13# spring with a heavier, 15# spring, and in approx 1800 rounds I haven't seen any further issues. Trigger is still sweet with a 15#'er in there :)

The 13lb mainspring is fine and will light off all primers if you have the CZ Custom Shop extended firing pin installed. Cost for the firing pin $20.