Sign in to follow this  
crazyboy

Multiple Shooting in Little Egg Harbor

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/10/police_searching_for_ocean_cou.html

Police searching for Ocean County shooter, 2 believed dead

LITTLE EGG HARBOR — Several shots were fired and two are believed dead in Tall Timbers Development near Radio Road and Westchester Drive, according to a report on PressofAtlanticCity.com

Police ordered residents to stay inside their homes shortly after 10 a.m. and are now searching for the gunman believed to be an elderly man carrying a rifle, the report said. State and local police are at the scene along with members of the SWAT team.

http://pressofatlanticcity.com/news/breaking/article_2ebd3db4-cfc6-11df-ab6c-001cc4c03286.html

Two believed dead in Ocean County shooting

LITTLE EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP - Two people are believed dead and area residents were forced inside their homes after a shooting, police said.

Police are now searching for the shooter, believed to be an elderly man carrying a rifle.

The shooting occurred after 9 a.m. Monday, near Radio Road and Westchester Drive in Little Egg Harbor Township, in the Tall Timbers Development, less than two miles west of Tuckerton Bay.

Little Egg Harbor Township Police confirmed the shooting.

State and local police are at the scene, and the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office is also involved.

The county Prosecutor's Office is holding a 3 p.m. news conference to discuss the shooting.

Area neighbors say SWAT team members have also arrived.

Chet Thornberry, who lives along Pine Valley Road, said a police officer ordered him inside his home.

"The officer pointed to an area, and said 'there's somebody over there shooting," Thornberry.

Thornberry says he heard the shots - nearly two dozen of them.

The shooting's impact is rippling into the community, with roads closed, homeowners forced to stay inside and schools in lockdown mode. Schools in the K-6 Little Egg Harbor Township district are in a partial lockdown, called a "sheltering place initiative," superintendent Frank Kasyan said

Under the lockdown, all outside doors are locked and monitors are patrolling the hallways, but students are able to continue their days without raising their anxiety levels.

"It helps that it's raining today, with all the gym classes staying indoors," Kasyan said.

Indeed. Reported to be an elderly man with an ak47.

that is impossible.. everyone knows the AK47 is banned in NJ... it is therefore impossible for someone to be attacking with one..

BUUUTTTT.. with that said.. "ak47" could mean literally anything.. LOL

journalistsguidetoguns1.jpg

• Like 2

It has been floating around the interwebs forever.. lol I personally like the car listed as an AK.. lol I mean you can only hold reporters so accountable.. I think that if a reporter knows NOTHING about firearms when reporting they should just be vague and say things like "assailant with a rifle" as opposed to "assailant with banned ak 47 machine gun"... remember.. you are a reporter.. NOT a firearms expert.. lol

• Like 1

I think all too often, in an effort to give "color" to the story, journalists put in details that were just never there... like the AK47 thing. or "machine gun" - I like that one. how would they know it was a machine gun? was there full-auto fire happening? "machine gun" kind of paints a picture of Rambo with the M60, firing away with the ammo belts across his torso...

Who reported AK47 though? All of the stuff I saw only said "A rifle"

we are just adding color to the story.. it was likely a bolt action 22... of course if it does in fact turn out to be a bolt action 22.. that COULD always be confused with a "military style sniper rifle similar to the rifles used by the military" :icon_e_wink:

just spoke to a friend of mine who lives in the complex, two brothers were arguing one was moving out and the other brother shot him from his 2nd floor window, the girl who was shot tried to help the victim and the brother shot her also.. this all unfolded right outside the door of my friend her and her husband stayed on the bathroom floor for 45 minutes before leaving the complex..

shooter used an ar-15..

KRD, now im double dissappointed!!!! Sigh...I was referencing how the movie made a big deal about how an AK sounds different than other rifles :facepalm::p:D Now go watch the movie!

I wont bother with any Full Metal Jacket references either!!! LOL

+1 on that. YOu have to see the movie now Krd, just to see what he is talking about.

Better? This is the typical sniper,assault rifle mongering sensationalism that I HATE!!! An inocent bystander, mom is dead. I'm pissed off!

Ok I agree with you there, i simply meant better in terms of info..