bry@n

Looking at STI Apeiro's

So, I'm thinking this race gun stuff makes it way more easier to shoot and I think I am going to buy one. Anybody have an comments on them? Own one?

I was thinking 38 super, but if they make it in .40, that would be great also.

sti apeiro

Guest HuntingPaper

And don't forget the optics and comps... ;)

Ok, if you want to shoot limited, get it in 40s&w. You can load for major and be fine with it. If you plan on shooting open, you will need a different gun altogether. Consider a 9mm based open gun(9 major) Granted there are more powder choices for 38 super/supercomp, but you MUSt be a brass whore after you shoot. New 38 super/supercomp brass costs @ $125 per k. So you want to definitely be picking up your brass. With a 9 major using regular 9mm brass, I have found used brass for anywhere between 3-5k for $100 shipped and cleaned. I shott it and leave it at an outdoor match, but pick it up if indoors. As far as the Apeiro goes, it's a really nice gun, but at that price you are in the custom built ballpark for a limited gun. If you are really interested in picking up a limited gun, let me know I can give you some other options. And if you do decide to get the Apeiro, consider Dawson Precision (http://www.dawsonprecision.com/) they support USPSA, offer good deals and you can get the gun "enhancement package which consist of the following; Enhancement Package is simply making a great pistol better. Dave Dawson checks each pistol top to bottom for fit, function and appearance . We setup the breech face, extractor, ejector, mag release and feed ramp the same way we would a DP custom built pistol. Next we install a DP sear spring and tune the action. Then the pistol is test fired for flawless function, accuracy and zeroed at 25 yards. Hey if you were buying a Mustang how cool would it be to have Shelby tune it up a little first.. It's available for all the guns they sell.

So, I'm thinking this race gun stuff makes it way more easier to shoot and I think I am going to buy one.

I have no problem with your wanting to buy this gun - I think it's great - the more the merrier. My problem is with your, above-stated, reasoning. Taint the arrow, but the Indian. JMHO.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Let me clarify, its not that I shot bad. I'm satisfied with the way I shot using a Sig 226. My statement comes is because of the action. Sure I could tune a Null to cater to competition but its easier to just pick up a 1911 that can get all the bells and whistles.

Its not about getting a gun because I can't shoot, its to bring my shooting to the next level.

I have owned a few (seven) STI factory guns at one time or another. Never had any problems with any of them. All of them were reliable and very accurate. I have heard of others that had minor issues with their STI guns. With that being said, their customer support is excellent and responsive. I will say this, if you start shooting an STI, you will want to start reloading your own ammo b/c they like to be shot alot!

I have no problem with your wanting to buy this gun - I think it's great - the more the merrier. My problem is with your, above-stated, reasoning. Taint the arrow, but the Indian. JMHO.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Taint the arrow, but the Indian. I remember someone else saying that!!!