Destinydog

springfield xdm

I was shopping with a friend who wants a springfield XDM .40, we went to one gun store in Morris county, he had them instock with pinned magazines to make them legal, however he was pretty much an a-hole. Saying pretty much is an understatement, infatc i wouldnt buy a gun from him if he was the last gunstore in the world. So my question is does anyone know of any place In NJ that will block of pin the mags to make them legal here in nj?

I have 2 friends who have been looking for XDM's in 9 and 40, neither of them have found a store (in the south Jersey area) that will sell them due to the magazine capacity. I hope they aren't the only place in NJ that will do it.

like i said i this guy was an ahole but he had them instock... I can pm you hte name of the store if your friends are desperate they can head there. BTW the prices seemed a bit inflated and it was cash only unless you wnated to pay an addtional 3%. Kind of sucks, i will update this thread if i find any viable options so you can spread the word to your friends.

You have to catch Frank on a good day. My experience has been mixed, but in all fairness to him, he's in a tough business. I don't know if I could keep a sunny personality if I had to deal with tire kickers all day long, with only a small percentage of customers actually buying something. I suppose it's different for a shop that has a more diverse product line.

When we bought Lynn's girly snubbie there, he came down substantially on the price to match the number we got at another shop (on our word only, no documentation), and threw in a couple of boxes of .38 for her.

I stop in there from time to time just to say Hi and make sure he remembers me the next time I'm shopping.

Of course, your experience may be different.

well i own a local business as well, and it's important to treat people right, it cant be hit or miss. Ive had plenty of bad days but the cusomers never know!!! My business is a bi price shopping business too, people will flat out tell us the guy down the road will do it for $100.00 less. and we always tell them politley we cannot compromise price. I dont know but i dont see any excuse for treating your customers like ****. Remeber the old saying "if you dont treat your customers good someone else will". I think he had no interest in helping us because i mentioned we were waiting on permits.. so it meant no immediate sale!

As to your original question regarding the XDm, at least as of a year or so ago, I believe Silver Bullet was the only shop with the blessing of NJSP to do the smithing on the mags to make them compliant.

That may have changed over time, and there may now be others, but I haven't heard of any. Maybe your best bet would be to put out a call to the vendors here, and see what happens. I know they're mostly down south, but it's a nice time of the year to take a drive. Shore traffic should be pretty much done by now. Now they're all coming up north to see the damn leaves turn purty colors.

Your lucky he had them to sell , i dont know any shops in south jersey selling them , in fact i was looking for one and a couple shops told me you wont even see them in NJ , i will prob just settle for the XD 45 model

As to your original question regarding the XDm, at least as of a year or so ago, I believe Silver Bullet was the only shop with the blessing of NJSP to do the smithing on the mags to make them compliant.

I heard that rumor too, but there has yet to be a pdf of a letter, or email or any form of documentation to prove it.

IMO, that's like the NJSP saying who has the authority to say who can pin a stock.

I've seen a sample of his work, and externally, it just looks like a hole and rivet. There might be more to it. But the "NJSP Blessing" just seems sketchy to me.

I heard that rumor too, but there has yet to be a pdf of a letter, or email or any form of documentation to prove it.

IMO, that's like the NJSP saying who has the authority to say who can pin a stock.

I've seen a sample of his work, and externally, it just looks like a hole and rivet. There might be more to it. But the "NJSP Blessing" just seems sketchy to me.

And yet, Silver Bullet has them in stock, and anyone else has yet to step up.

Have you tryed Jim Flynn? I bought my XDm 9mm with 2 pinned 15 round mags from him. It was about 4-5 months ago. His prices are always good.

Give him a call he is always happy to tell you what he has in stock. BTW I love the gun!

The XDm in .45 is sweeeeeet. Very little recoil. I'd rather have 10 huge bullets than 15 medium sized ones. :icon_e_biggrin:

Nice thing about the XD45's is that both the original and the XDm run the same 13 round mags

Upgrade the spring with the AGP +2spring and it's unbeatable and misfeed-proof

Nice thing about the XD45's is that both the original and the XDm run the same 13 round mags

Upgrade the spring with the AGP +2spring and it's unbeatable and misfeed-proof

Um, link? I gotta see this.