Sign in to follow this  
TommyRuss

FU Dick's East Hanover rant

FU, Dick's East Hanover lodge employees. You never pick up the damn phone when I call ahead. When I come in anyway (to find out you don't have any of the ammunition I was calling for), you never fail to live up to the store's name...DICKS. Even when you do have the ammo I need, you always have a general attitude problem. You're not doing me a favor by selling me things...I'm doing you a favor by buying them and keeping you employed. I'm not sure what your problem is, but I treat everyone I encounter with respect and general courtesy. I don't think it's asking too much to expect the same. So again, FU.

On the contrary, big thumbs up to the Dick's Rockaway lodge employees. You pick up the phone every single time I call, and you're always willing to check ammunition stocks. Also, you're a friendly group of guys and you've always treated me with common customer courtesy.

• Like 1

Personally, as an in-person customer, I hate, despise, and loathe Dick's employees who pick up the phone when I am standing in front of them and am ready to make a purchase. I feel the same way at the Auto Parts store too. If I took the time to walk in, I am a damn sight more likely to actually buy something in your establishment than some person on the phone "checking stock". To me, the guy on the phone is cutting the line. I am waiting to find that rare employee with big brass ball ammo who tells a customer, give me your number, I have 10 people in front of me, when I am done with the people who took the time to come into my store, I will call you back and check stock for you.

But - I'm just a Hater...

well if he is at the counter he should not be answering, someone else should do that..

you should see the people in line at the bagel store by us, i call my orders in and when i pick them up everyone think's i am cutting in line and have to explain i already ordered and it is waiting for me..

If you want changes, stop the pitty party and talk to the store manager. Then, send a polite letter to the district manager or the corporate office. I can guarantee you, there will be changes and they do listen.

Lastly, try to watch your language here. We dont need the site to be flagged by more web filters.

• Like 1

Personally, as an in-person customer, I hate, despise, and loathe Dick's employees who pick up the phone when I am standing in front of them and am ready to make a purchase. I feel the same way at the Auto Parts store too. If I took the time to walk in, I am a damn sight more likely to actually buy something in your establishment than some person on the phone "checking stock". To me, the guy on the phone is cutting the line. I am waiting to find that rare employee with big brass ball ammo who tells a customer, give me your number, I have 10 people in front of me, when I am done with the people who took the time to come into my store, I will call you back and check stock for you.

I agree 100%, but the retail folks will tell you that, you, the customer in the store are already there and can wait, the guy on the phone can't, they don't have his business yet.. Again, i agree with your thoughts, but that's retail...

• Like 1

I agree 100%, but the retail folks will tell you that, you, the customer in the store are already there and can wait, the guy on the phone can't, they don't have his business yet.. Again, i agree with your thoughts, but that's retail...

Good point. I shall be more cognizant of it and next time I will walk out!

If you want changes, stop the pitty party and talk to the store manager. Then, send a polite letter to the district manager or the corporate office. I can guarantee you, there will be changes and they do listen.

Lastly, try to watch your language here. We dont need the site to be flagged by more web filters.

Email already went out to corporate. Apologies for the language.

Wait, calling ahead to see if a store has something in stock to save yourself a pointless drive isn't acceptable anymore?

Wait, calling ahead to see if a store has something in stock to save yourself a pointless drive isn't acceptable anymore?

I always call when I want to go to Walmarts in PA for ammo. Sometimes it takes several calls to get someone on the phone. It's a PITA but you gotta realize there's not always someone at the counter to take the phone call.

Are you going to be patient while you wait on hold as the 10 people in front of you who are in the store checking the exact same thing are served first?

Are you going to be patient while you wait on hold as the 10 people in front of you who are in the store checking the exact same thing are served first?

They wont be served first. They will take the phone call first every time. They will interupt you at the counter to keep answering. Even better is if they have a hold policy. Tell them to hold what you are looking for and most of the time they will. Im talking retail stores in general that is. You might even have them hold what a guy in the store will be waiting for. Not saying its right, its just what they do

Guest megaman

Look, the one guy at DICKS lives up to the name. My question is why so many people are afraid to give some attitude back to stop the attitude in the first place. That one guy is a DICK at the east hanover lodge store. Remember, you are the customer, that guy is an a**, they dont pick up the phone because they are cutting arrows or running a nics check, or pulling out a tree climber for someone who is in store. I feel your frustration in that noone picks up, but screw it, just keep calling....

Ask for Mike. He is the man. Hes a hunter, is pro gun, and will help you out.

I guess that Lowes got ONE thing right, they always tell us that the customer in front of us is more important than the one on the phone. And I agree with that. When I am working with a customer, they come first....no matter what. If someone calls, I say excuse me and pick up the phone....simply because we also get graded on how long someone waits on the phone. So I pick up, if I cant answer the question off the top of my head in 3 seconds, I tell them Im with someone and they have to wait on hold. None of my customers ever seem to mind at all. The person who comes in to talk to me about a $200 grill is way more important than the person calling about a $1000 grill.

ammotogo.com has no attitude and the prices are better even with shipping. Why continue going back to Dick's to get abused?

"cause I'm hoping that they've changed since the last time LOL Kidding aside, every now and then they do have good deals and if you need ammo promptly you can always go in and out with a box or two.

:hopechange2sp6nv4-1: