fliks

The Walking Dead

Know what you mean, gots me a Dominican hottie for the last 20 some odd years, know what that's like.

That is what we were taking about wasnt it???? Lol

We missed ya today sweetie, don't worry I won't say nutin if you shoot IPSC.

Huh?

Ending was tough, but it was expected. Made me sad to see the little girl like that and having her mom watch her die.

Yea, I was going to say what Petey pointed out, that this was the mid-season finale (whatever that means)-- so, anything short of something amazing would have been a huge disappointment.

I won't lie though, I missed last week and this week, so, I'll have to do some catching up ASAP!

The only thing I can say after watching this is HOLY HELL. The end was FANTASTIC. I ended up catching up tonight before this episode, watched 4 new (to me) episodes total. I'm still shocked at the kind of momentum this last episode had. I also have to say that this season was MUCH better than last season.

I see Shane taking charge more in the second half of the season. His influence on everybody in the group was VERY powerful at the end of this episode, so I would be quite surprised if that didn't continue in the second half.

I can't believe they haven't run out of ammunition yet. I believe they're still using the ammo that Rick took from the sheriff's department and they shared that with that inner city group. They have been "deactivating" zombies like flies since this show began. They didn't even take any of the guns and ammo from Atlanta. This is like those old westerns where nobody ever has to reload. A .22 caliber round to the brain is probably 99% effective in stopping a zombie, 2 rounds has to about 99.9%. Why do they always use shotguns. I've never seen anyone use a .22 in this show. How come these people only have high powered, scope sighted hunting rifles and NO assault weapons? God, I wish there were more gun guys who were script writers!

I can't believe they haven't run out of ammunition yet. I believe they're still using the ammo that Rick took from the sheriff's department and they shared that with that inner city group. They have been "deactivating" zombies like flies since this show began. They didn't even take any of the guns and ammo from Atlanta. This is like those old westerns where nobody ever has to reload. A .22 caliber round to the brain is probably 99% effective in stopping a zombie, 2 rounds has to about 99.9%. Why do they always use shotguns. I've never seen anyone use a .22 in this show. How come these people only have high powered, scope sighted hunting rifles and NO assault weapons? God, I wish there were more gun guys who were script writers!

Whoa, relax. 22s are risky unless your close up and hit for the face. If you had a 38 or a 22 at your disposal, i bet you'd choose the 38. As far as reloading, they should them reload the shotgun plenty of times. And run pistols empty too. In regards to ARs, MP5s, and the like laying around. There has to be some on the ground here and there but I'm not gonna nick-pick that.

Whoa, relax. 22s are risky unless your close up and hit for the face. If you had a 38 or a 22 at your disposal, i bet you'd choose the 38. As far as reloading, they should them reload the shotgun plenty of times. And run pistols empty too. In regards to ARs, MP5s, and the like laying around. There has to be some on the ground here and there but I'm not gonna nick-pick that.

Remember, you are shooting at zombies with a slower movement ability and body shots have no effect. The zombies are not shooting at you or throwing things, but walking at you quickly just trying to eat you, they have no plan of attack and they are not running. The average human skull is easily pierced by a .22 long rifle bullet at moderate range and disabling the brain is the objective, not blowing the head to bits. A Ruger 10/22 with quickly replaceable 10 or 25 shot magazines is far more practical for zombie shooting than a 5 or 6 shot 12 gauge shot gun or 9mm handgun. Ease of use, lower recoil, lower noise(important), the ability to carry several times the amount of ammunition of larger centerfire calibers makes the .22 a far more practical weapon for experienced zombie killers like the cast of The Walking Dead.

• Like 1

Remember, you are shooting at zombies with a slower movement ability and body shots have no effect. The zombies are not shooting at you or throwing things, but walking at you quickly just trying to eat you, they have no plan of attack and they are not running. The average human skull is easily pierced by a .22 long rifle bullet at moderate range and disabling the brain is the objective, not blowing the head to bits. A Ruger 10/22 with quickly replaceable 10 or 25 shot magazines is far more practical for zombie shooting than a 5 or 6 shot 12 gauge shot gun or 9mm handgun. Ease of use, lower recoil, lower noise(important), the ability to carry several times the amount of ammunition of larger centerfire calibers makes the .22 a far more practical weapon for experienced zombie killers like the cast of The Walking Dead.

they got most of their guns and ammo from a police station. how many police stations are stacked with .22lr? and i honestly think among the general public more people have 9mm's and shotguns and such for home defense and things like that, than .22's which are mainly for shooting at paper. so as far as scavenging goes i think 9mm rounds are a lot more likely to come across than .22lr. not saying .22 doesnt have its advantages, youre right it should be enough to put down a walker, its quieter and its smaller so you can carry more, but i can completely understand not having one in their group.

No no no.

No no no.

yes yes yes

think about it. if i were to invent the ideal zombie gun, it would be an AR platform in 22 magnum. familiarity with the AR, ergonomics, parts availability, along with the greater power of the magnum over 22lr, more range, AND most importantly the noise aspect. any pistol or shotgun blast will deafen your unprotected ears and alert every other person/walker in a half mile radius. shotguns only hold at most 9ish rounds. you can easily make a 30rnd sized AR mag hold 80+ rounds of 22. thats not even considering a beta mag setup. if youre out alone, you better be the worlds fastest shotgun reloader if thats all you have. one large group of Zs coming at you will empty your shotgun in 5 seconds, leaving you with a large, heavy steel pipe.

unless youre well protected behind cover and taking on an advancing horde, there is no reason to shot a zombie past 30 yards, if that. at 30+ yards, you should avoid contact and simply run away, thereby not alerting other Zs with the gunshot. a brick of 500rds of 22 is about the size of a fosters beer can, weighing a few pounds, with the magnum being a bit larger and heavier. how much room does a full case of 500rnds of 12ga shells take, not to mention the weight?

playing in a perfect world, and without the chance of having anything suppressed/silenced, my ideal guns would be the 22mag AR, as much ammo as i can carry, and kel-tec's new 22mag pistol, with its own 30rnd mags. both of which have more then enough power for a headshot within 30 yards, are quiet enough to not sound like a cannon, and have ammo light/small enough to carry literally 1000+ rounds on your person.

• Like 1

they got most of their guns and ammo from a police station. how many police stations are stacked with .22lr? and i honestly think among the general public more people have 9mm's and shotguns and such for home defense and things like that, than .22's which are mainly for shooting at paper. so as far as scavenging goes i think 9mm rounds are a lot more likely to come across than .22lr. not saying .22 doesnt have its advantages, youre right it should be enough to put down a walker, its quieter and its smaller so you can carry more, but i can completely understand not having one in their group.

.22 caliber rifles and ammunition are the probably the most frequently encountered types of firearms and ammunition in the United States. Maybe the sheriff's department didn't have any, but they'd still be around. 99%+ of the population is dead, they obviously didn't use up all of the ammunition around. If I went house to house in my suburban neighborhood, chances are best that I'm going to come across some .22 rifles and ammo and 12ga. shotguns and shells before I come up with a 9mm handgun or tactical long arm and ammo. These guys seem to find anything else they need on the road, why not some practical weaponry.

Also, in the real world, medical skills or not, Herschel would have had a bullet in HIS brain as soon as he told his visitors to leave. In a zombie apocalypse world people just ain't going to be that cooperative! :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Here's a post from someone calling himself "launcherman" on a forum at f-16.net:

Here's what "Top Shot" champion Chris Reed said in an interview regarding zombies.

Q. If the zombie apocalypse starts tomorrow, what’s your weapon of choice?

A. .22 long rifle, man. I can tote 5,000 rounds, no problem, and kill anything I want to. Of course, some people are going to go with the ARs and black guns and high-caliber rifles, but when it hits the fan, dude, you give me a duffle bag full of .22 long rifle cartridges and a good semiautomatic. A good Ruger .22 is hard to beat for your typical zombie killing. And maybe a .338 Lapau — that’s bad to the bone.

See the whole article here: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/enterta ... t-050911w/

Also, in the real world, medical skills or not, Herschel would have had a bullet in HIS brain as soon as he told his visitors to leave. In a zombie apocalypse world people just ain't going to be that cooperative! :icon_rolleyes:

This. Rick pissed me off with how much he gave into Herschel.

Here's a post from someone calling himself "launcherman" on a forum at f-16.net:

Here's what "Top Shot" champion Chris Reed said in an interview regarding zombies.

A. .22 long rifle, man. I can tote 5,000 rounds, no problem, and kill anything I want to. Of course, some people are going to go with the ARs and black guns and high-caliber rifles, but when it hits the fan, dude, you give me a duffle bag full of .22 long rifle cartridges and a good semiautomatic. A good Ruger .22 is hard to beat for your typical zombie killing. And maybe a .338 Lapau — that’s bad to the bone.

See the whole article here: http://www.marinecor...mes.com/enterta ... t-050911w/

I'm also in the same camp that feels the .22LR is the ideal round for the zombie apocalypse. In addition to the benefits that others have already mentioned, these rounds could be used as a bartering tool as well. I'm sure the group will encounter other groups as time moves on. This ammo could be used and traded for things they need but don't have.

I'm also in the same camp that feels the .22LR is the ideal round for the zombie apocalypse. In addition to the benefits that others have already mentioned, these rounds could be used as a bartering tool as well. I'm sure the group will encounter other groups as time moves on. This ammo could be used and traded for things they need but don't have.

Never use Ammunition as a trade item(in a Zombie apoc world). You are potentially arming someone who may kill you. Maybe the guy you traded to is ok, but then he takes the ammo and trades it to a different guy for something else. That 2nd or 3rd or 5th guy may have no compunctions about sending one right through your noggin and taking whatever he likes from you.

Never use Ammunition as a trade item(in a Zombie apoc world). You are potentially arming someone who may kill you. Maybe the guy you traded to is ok, but then he takes the ammo and trades it to a different guy for something else. That 2nd or 3rd or 5th guy may have no compunctions about sending one right through your noggin and taking whatever he likes from you.

Good point that I hadn't thought of.

I watched all of season two, and perhaps the last episode of season one. I just got season one and have enjoyed watching the first few episodes. Saw several people who were not around in season two (and one who appears toward the end of the second season). Uh oh!

playing in a perfect world, and without the chance of having anything suppressed/silenced, my ideal guns would be the 22mag AR, as much ammo as i can carry, and kel-tec's new 22mag pistol, with its own 30rnd mags. both of which have more then enough power for a headshot within 30 yards, are quiet enough to not sound like a cannon, and have ammo light/small enough to carry literally 1000+ rounds on your person.

I was thinking that using a 22lr or 22mag like the kel-tec would be the way to go. Also, why are they so determined to stay at the farm? Why can't they move to one that is no longer occupied?

I was thinking that using a 22lr or 22mag like the kel-tec would be the way to go. Also, why are they so determined to stay at the farm? Why can't they move to one that is no longer occupied?

Because Hershel is a doctor, and he can birth his wifes child.

Show needs less yappin' and more cappin'.

OK, he's got the .22, now where is the tactical wheel barrel?

Sitting on a farm doing nothing is no way to survive. Sure they could have some down time, but it is only a matter of time until the Zombies come in masses. Keep moving, find more people, hunt the zombies. Trying to wait out somethig that used to be a dead corpse just doesn't sound smart to me. Gotta go on the offensive to clean the world up to be able to live in it.

• Like 1

Sitting on a farm doing nothing is no way to survive. Sure they could have some down time, but it is only a matter of time until the Zombies come in masses. Keep moving, find more people, hunt the zombies. Trying to wait out somethig that used to be a dead corpse just doesn't sound smart to me. Gotta go on the offensive to clean the world up to be able to live in it.

Hunting zombies? Come on man. Not happening.

Lay low. Dont do anything to draw attention. Stay alive.

Dude, it's a numbers game. An battle that would NEVER end.. millions if not billions of zombies on the planet. You wouldnt even have enough ammo to take out the zombies in 5% of my zipcode

lay low, conserve what you have, fire only when necessary.

• Like 3