fliks

The Walking Dead

What does everyone think it meant when Shane sat silently in the car, looking at the walker in the open field? It seems there must be SOME meaning behind it...

Musing on the futility of their existence?

What does everyone think it meant when Shane sat silently in the car, looking at the walker in the open field? It seems there must be SOME meaning behind it...

I think that it's interesting that Shane saw the threat, while Rick was just babbling on... It also probably is supposed to highlight Shane's isolation in the group - he's a bit like that walker, all alone.

It also probably is supposed to highlight Shane's isolation in the group - he's a bit like that walker, all alone.

Thats what someone suggested during the Talking Dead, but I don't agree that he is alone. Andrea seems just as psycho as Shane. Sure she told him that he made the right decisions but his presentation was wrong, so that would suggest she still has some sanity left, but after watching what she did last night with Beth I'd say she's a damn hypocrite and is on the same level as Shane. Also didn't Shane get banned from the inside of the house a few episodes ago? So now that she is banned too they have a lot of things in common.

And I was thinking that when Rick was yelling at Shane, and Shane is standing there with his head hung low in complete submission that he would stop being so psycho. That lasted all of 12 seconds.

Another thing brought up was the role of Andrea. Lori bitched at her that she should help with some of the "woman" chores and she bitched back that she helps defend the group. **** YOU SHOT DARYL!! WHAT DUMBASS TRUSTED YOU TO EVEN GET ON TOP OF THAT RV WITH THE RIFLE AGAIN!? Dale should have let her stay at the CDC.

I think that it's interesting that Shane saw the threat, while Rick was just babbling on... It also probably is supposed to highlight Shane's isolation in the group - he's a bit like that walker, all alone.

Or maybe it's meant to point out that Shane goes looking for things to be a threat even when they're not (ie a lone walker in the field while they're driving by is not a threat and is not worth stopping to kill it).

My biggest problem with most of these end of the world scenarios is that people don't realize the most important thing they need, which is hope and goals. You can have a whole stocked up hideout and be all set for life, if you don't have something to work towards and to look forward to you will go nuts and probably kill yourself or do something stupid. Especially when the world goes to sh*t people need to be kept occupied and always reaching for some goal.

You have to remember that when Shane so the walker in the field on the way to the bus depot that it was walking towards them since he wanted to eat them. And then on the way back it must have crossed the field and kept going. Then when they came back down the same road it was now on the other side of the field (same side as Shane now) and simply was coming back to the road again.

Did anyone notice the new kid's leg has miraculously healed?

I feel like Shane simply watching at the walker is a sign of him maturing. He's finally being confronted, by people he respects, about the person he is. I think that is finally reaching through to him, and he's starting to mature somewhat. It's a shame, because he's arguably the biggest bad*ss on the show :p

Funny thing is, Shane is right almost all the time. In regards to shooting the gang-banger kid, that's where he was wrong. The kid was simply defending his fallen comrades. Rick, T-Dog, and Darrel where ready to do the same thing when Glenn was captured by la eme.

People might want to avoid any info about season 2 coming to bluray and dvd..especially if it involves AMC's website

apparently in the description they let out a big spoiler. not 100% sure what it is cause i wont look. but the news article that told me they did this drops half the ball in the warning, so just avoid anything that says walking dead from now til the last 3 episodes are over IMO lol.

People might want to avoid any info about season 2 coming to bluray and dvd..especially if it involves AMC's website

apparently in the description they let out a big spoiler. not 100% sure what it is cause i wont look. but the news article that told me they did this drops half the ball in the warning, so just avoid anything that says walking dead from now til the last 3 episodes are over IMO lol.

Yea, it was a huge spoiler. More here regarding the story (and no, they don't show the spoiler on that link, but they do link a snapshot of it in the story itself).

Well, tonight's episode put a big exclamation point on how different the TV show is from the comic book, which is nice because you can still be surprised even if you read the comic book.

ETA: Changed to white so Ray's eyes don't bleed

Seriously. I figured they would've at least let Dale hook up with Andrea before offing him, but I guess not.

:bb:

Edited by Caine

No spoilers please, if your gonna put something that might give away a future episode please use white lettering and title it "spoiler alert".

To Ben and Pete, thanks.

Yup, the lone conscience of the group and the last "human" is dead.

Andrea was starting to get some of those emotions back. Yea - and what's with letting the kid rome around the woods. It looked like he was out there for a bit while the parents are BS'ing on the porch. Don't they watch their kid?

I was sad to see Dale removed from the show. The last voice for humanity and they took him out. I've lost all respect and feelings for Carl. What a little j*rkoff that kid has become. He needs a major a**-beating. I hope what he did lives in his conscious for the foreseeable future.