Moose

IDPA This Sunday 11/21/10 @ Bridgewater

That looks like big fun. I'll need to try that sometime. Now that it's getting colder, I may need to find something indoors to satisfy me over the winter.

If anybody cares to write something about the experience as a novice shooter, talk about the location, the challenge, and especially about overcoming the anxiety of that type of shooting for the first time, I'll put it into njShoot. At least 1,000 words, with frame grabs from the videos would be great. It would be a good followup piece to the last action shooting article.

I can tell you it's hard to break the USPSA habits - I got called on for a couple of procedurals when I was supposed to shoot a target once instead of twice. I'd love to help you out with that article, Ken, but I'm not really a full novice. I could definitely put in some insights on this compared to USPSA.

• Like 1

I can tell you it's hard to break the USPSA habits - I got called on for a couple of procedurals when I was supposed to shoot a target once instead of twice. I'd love to help you out with that article, Ken, but I'm not really a full novice. I could definitely put in some insights on this compared to USPSA.

Nick,

c'mon man. Your are definately a novice. We all are. Just because you shot 2 uspsa, 1 steel and 1 idpa match, doesn't make you an experienced competitive shooter. Shoot for a year and then maybe your a little wet behind the ears.

Not trying to call you out, just saying it the way I see it. We all are new to this. Ronny is the only one that can say he isn't a novice. If anything, you should be able to provide a good point of view from somebody who has just started.

For that matter, so can Maks, Luis, Stephanie, Antonio and I just to name a few.

• Like 3

Guest HuntingPaper

Nick,

c'mon man. Your are definately a novice. We all are. Just because you shot 2 uspsa, 1 steel and 1 idpa match, doesn't make you an experienced competitive shooter. Shoot for a year and then maybe your a little wet behind the ears.

Not trying to call you out, just saying it the way I see it. We all are new to this. Ronny is the only one that can say he isn't a novice. If anything, you should be able to provide a good point of view from somebody who has just started.

For that matter, so can Maks, Luis, Stephanie, Antonio and I just to name a few.

+1

Whatever personal perspective you care to take will work. It's not so much the editorial angle that matters, just the experience.

The point is to encourage others to try new sports. The gurus here have done a great job getting a bunch of new people into a variety of "new to them" sports. Some like what they try, some not so much. It's just that they've tried them that matters. It doesn't matter if it's action shooting, trap/skeet or precision rifle, it's the personal perspective, the experience, the "I'll try anything once 'cause it sounds like fun" attitude that I'm really trying to spread.

I'll take anyone trap shooting. I'm just a hack, but if I enjoy it, maybe someone else will, too. If they do, great. If not, at least they've stepped out of the box a little bit and may have some new understanding about some other aspect of the shooting community. It's a step towards bringing together and strengthening the entire community.

So, if you (or Bryan, or Steph, or anyone else) wants to put something together, it would be outstanding. It's a resource for the community, not my personal blog, so anything that anyone cares to contribute just serves the cause of bringing the community together just a little bit, and a little bit at a time is really all that we can hope for.

• Like 1

Nick,

I'm definitely not saying I'm experienced. I was thinking Ken would have preferred more input from someone like say, MrP - who was completely new to any competition/action shooting at all. I know I'm still noob at competition/action shooting. I have practiced on my own (with airsoft), as well as in private sessions with other forum members here. I drilled the 2-shot thing into my head and that doesn't always fly with IDPA. There were 2 stages where you only engage with 1 shot on the first target, and when the timer went off, my mind blanked on that rule.

Whatever personal perspective you care to take will work. It's not so much the editorial angle that matters, just the experience.

I'll definitely work something up for you. It's definitely a whole different bag compared to shooting paper targets.