Sign in to follow this  
superbee

ISSC-Austria Introduces the MSR MK22 rifle

It does look pretty cool....although pretty bulky. If I were going to get a military style .22, it would be another 15-22. However it is kind of hard to justify spending $450 on a completely stock .22 rifle, when so much more can be had for the price.

• Like 1

It does look pretty cool....although pretty bulky. If I were going to get a military style .22, it would be another 15-22. However it is kind of hard to justify spending $450 on a completely stock .22 rifle, when so much more can be had for the price.

Kinda what i was thinkin also...

Got this today:

IT'S THE ISSC MODERN SPORTING RIFLE MK22 !!!

If you have been hearing about or waiting for the ISSC Modern Sporting Rifle MK22, no need to wait any longer they will be available to shooters in January 2011!!!

187.jpg

The ISSC Modern Sporting Rifle MK22 is the first rifle to incorporate military-style handling into a modern sporter that performs equally well on the range or the great outdoors.

It is equipped with your choice of either a 22-shot or 10-shot magazine and folding or fixed stock. The MSR MK22 performs flawlessly with all types of 22 LR ammunition and it is accurate at both close-range and target- range distances.

The MSR MK22 can be aimed either with its integral folding sights or you can easliy attach any kind of aiming device to the Picatinny rails that come standard on all sides of the barrel.

You can pre-order for $480

Got this today:

IT'S THE ISSC MODERN SPORTING RIFLE MK22 !!!

If you have been hearing about or waiting for the ISSC Modern Sporting Rifle MK22, no need to wait any longer they will be available to shooters in January 2011!!!

187.jpg

The ISSC Modern Sporting Rifle MK22 is the first rifle to incorporate military-style handling into a modern sporter that performs equally well on the range or the great outdoors.

It is equipped with your choice of either a 22-shot or 10-shot magazine and folding or fixed stock. The MSR MK22 performs flawlessly with all types of 22 LR ammunition and it is accurate at both close-range and target- range distances.

The MSR MK22 can be aimed either with its integral folding sights or you can easliy attach any kind of aiming device to the Picatinny rails that come standard on all sides of the barrel.

You can pre-order for $480

Hmmmmmmmmmmm this or the new HK MP5 A5....??

5398804829_1a73ac4887.jpg

Picked it up from Paul this morning and went straight to Shore Shot with it

Fired a couple hundred rounds through it with only one FTE which looked to be caused by the ammo

Can't tell you how accurate it is because this is my first of this type

But from 25 yds I was staying within a 5.5" circle

And my girlfriend was grouping even tighter

All while shooting standing

The bipod grip was leant to us by Doug

Fired a couple hundred rounds through it with only one FTE which looked to be caused by the ammo

well if you got the first from paul, i got the 2nd one he had...Picked mine up around 1200 sat afternoon.....What did Shore shot say about the flash suppressor situation?

What flash suppressor?

Ummmmmmmmmmm On the end of the MK22....? Any threaded attatchment on a gun with a detachable mag needs to be pinned or welded...Even though the barrel isnt threaded, the shround is and that means it can accept a silencer, brake etc...we were unsure what the law is on this one...

I'm gonna remove and TIG weld a slug in the end then throw in the lathe and bore the center....Now its a brake instead of a Flash hider, then screw it back on and put a small weld to the shroud!!!

Now no issues ever...100% compliant..

Also i was told that if you can fit your pinky in the end of any attatchment its considered a FH...

I'm pretty sure i saw u there with your lady. I was walking past on my way out and saw the unusual rifle and didn't realize it was a 22 until i saw the brick of ammo on the table. Wish i woulda known, i would have said hi.

Jon yes that was me

I'll be there again with other friends today

Superbee I knew what you meant

I'm implying otherwise

(I'm implying otherwise)......Hope that works for ya!!! LOL

Anyway are you happy with it so far? I'm not gonna get to the range for a while...Found mags for around 30.00 ea...

Shot it Sunday and had Remington umc bulk

Results were not favorable.

The federal ammo shot much better but ymmv.

I'm gonna buy a couple other boxes tonight of different brands and see how it works out.

Might be at shore shot tonight

We got the folding stocks pinned

Came with just one may

Sights are good to go, they're alloy I believe

However the rear sight has a big aperture which can be good or bad depending how you look at it

I prefer a smaller peep hole.

The sights flip down to pistol sights however I have a hard time finding a proper way to use it... too low for me

As far as the ammo is concerned, yeah Nick, you're right about that.

I do want to find a brand that's reliable for this weapon