gimmemym1

USANA LIVES!!!!!!

I was there today for the first time. All the up front ranges were taken up by one of the County sherrif's departments, but there were plenty of other ranges open in the back. I was worried that with the holiday it was going to be jammed, but there was plenty of room available.

If anybody is interested we have a shooting match the first Sunday of each month. Iron sights, 3 position, 60 rds. I use my m1 and my ar. It's a good time with some good people. If anybody is interested just let me know and I can give you some specifics. We are always looking for more people.

For USANA members:

Can we get a detailed description of what ranges are available there, quantity, distance, what's allowed? As an example:

Name: Cherry Ridge (ANJRPC)

Public/Private: Private

Membership costs: $190 first year/$132 renewal - family:$265 first year/$200 renewal - lifetime: $1320

Membership requirements: Safety briefing

Guests: Yes - 1 guest per member - $25 per visit

Pistol: 25, 50 & 100yd - turning targets at 25yd - 47 ports

Indoor: No

Rifle 1: 50yd, 50m, & 100yd - 75 ports

Rifle 2: 200yd/300yd

Shotgun: Informal clays - Must bring own clay thrower - no buckshot

Pits: No

Steel: only at Silhouette range

Extras: Silhouette range - Firing positions to accommodate 25 shooters. Spinners and various other steel rimfire targets available or bring your own. .22 rimfire only

Archery Range - Various targets, including full sized deer targets are scattered in a tree covered area. Firing is done from a small platform and is informal.

Clubhouse - kitchen facilities, rest rooms and a large meeting area with tables and folding chairs.

Thanks to Caine!

I need this info (for myself :icon_twisted: ) and for my thread on Range Locations and Info. Just cut and paste the above, fill in the info for USANA, and either post it back in this thread or shoot me a PM. Thanks! :icon_cool:

It's 60 rds, 100 yds. First is prone position for 5 mins for sighting in. Then standing, 20 shot single load. Then sitting, 10 shot rapid fire mandatory clip change. Next is rapid prone 10 shot mandatory clip change finally 20 rd slow prone single load. All in all it takes about 2 hours..

For USANA members:

Can we get a detailed description of what ranges are available there, quantity, distance, what's allowed? As an example:

Name: Cherry Ridge (ANJRPC)

Membership costs: $190 first year/$132 renewal - family:$265 first year/$200 renewal - lifetime: $1320

Membership requirements: Safety briefing

Guests: Yes - 1 guest per member - $25 per visit

Pistol: 25, 50 & 100yd - turning targets at 25yd - 47 ports

Indoor: No

Rifle 1: 50yd, 50m, & 100yd - 75 ports

Rifle 2: 200yd/300yd

Shotgun: Informal clays - Must bring own clay thrower - no buckshot

Steel: only at Silhouette range

Extras: Silhouette range - Firing positions to accommodate 25 shooters. Spinners and various other steel rimfire targets available or bring your own. .22 rimfire only

Archery Range - Various targets, including full sized deer targets are scattered in a tree covered area. Firing is done from a small platform and is informal.

Clubhouse - kitchen facilities, rest rooms and a large meeting area with tables and folding chairs.

Thanks to Caine!

I need this info (for myself :icon_twisted: ) and for my thread on Range Locations and Info. Just cut and paste the above, fill in the info for USANA, and either post it back in this thread or shoot me a PM. Thanks! :icon_cool:

Somebody from USANA? Anybody? Bueller?

I just Joined Usana (2/19/11) I had left a message for Skip at the number provided (856-358-4891), the next day, I got a call from Tito who signed me up and gave me prorated membership for the rest of 2011 for $100. He also teaches the Florida CC class and other NRA classes. I have already shot out there a few times, Fun-Fun-Fun.

For USANA members:

Name: USANA

Hours: Mon-Fri 8 am - 5:30 pm, Sat- 9am - 5 pm, Sun- 9am - 12:30 pm

Membership costs: $120 per year, Pittsgrove resident $60

Membership requirements: None

Guests: Yes - $5 per guest

Pistol: 25, 50 yd covered range

Indoor: yes, 25 yds

Rifle 1: 50yd, & 100yd covered range and uncovered 200 yd in the works

Shotgun: yes, they are working on getting new throwers. Harborsite ransacked the place when they left

Steel: None yet

Extras: Over 180 acres

Archery Range - Still in the works

Clubhouse - Emptied out by Harborsite, but will return.

When Harborsite left they took everything right down to the plastic forks in the clubhouse. It's gonna take skip a little time to get things in order. There working on getting a junior team rolling again and IPSC matches. Once the indoor range gets insulated it will be open anytime. For those interested in paintball they have a big outdoor/woods course there. Any other questions I'll try to answer best I can or I'll find out for ya.

If anybody is interested we have a shooting match the first Sunday of each month. Iron sights, 3 position, 60 rds. I use my m1 and my ar. It's a good time with some good people. If anybody is interested just let me know and I can give you some specifics. We are always looking for more people.

PM sent. Definitely interested.

paintball field was closed today, probably cause of the weather. USANA does not run the paintball part. They lease the ground to the company that runs the paintball. I should be there next weekend, so if any of the paintball people are there i'll find out some info.

I just want to say that gimmemym1 is the freaking man! That rifle shoot turned out to be a CMP match and I'd never done one before. I feel bad that he was shooting for score while I was laying down suppressive fire with my saiga 308 right next to him ('cuz I couldn't hit black to save my life). He was also nice enough to lend me his pistol so that I could qual on the indoor range when I signed up for range membership today. Never shot a .40 before that either.

Many thanks man!

paintball field was closed today, probably cause of the weather. USANA does not run the paintball part. They lease the ground to the company that runs the paintball. I should be there next weekend, so if any of the paintball people are there i'll find out some info.

Thanks again. I'll wait to hear from you.

gunnyr, what are the requirements for the Indoor Qualification? Skip told me when I signed up but I can't remember? Also are the indoor repairs finished yet?

You have to shoot 10 rounds at a silhouette target while one of the club officers watches. Tito did me and gimmemym1. I'm not sure about repairs but it looked fine to me. There were some leaks on the floor.

Come on gunny, your making me blush :D Glad that you came down. It would be nice to get some more people to shoot with us. Let me know if your coming next month and if you need to use one of my M1's. That Saiga was pretty sick, I'd like to get one just for the muzzle blast.

Come on gunny, your making me blush :D Glad that you came down. It would be nice to get some more people to shoot with us. Let me know if your coming next month and if you need to use one of my M1's. That Saiga was pretty sick, I'd like to get one just for the muzzle blast.

Definitely will let you know! I just have to make sure that's not my wife's weekend to work. But next time I'll bring more ammo and you can feel free to give my Saiga a run after the match.

I'll bring the Saiga shotgun too!