Meaning you can pull the trigger again on a round without racking the slide (i.e. in case of a light strike, debris in the gun, etc). Glocks are not double strike capable.

I got a call back from the factory and the LC9 is striker fired and NOT double strike capable. It also does not have a plunger type firing pin safety ala GLOCK. The thumb safety, as it was described to me, blocks the firing pin/striker.

Now this all came out of a conversation while I was at the nursing home (I know I'm old but was only visiting)so I haven't seen a drawing and what I'm stating is only 99.9% assured.

All thing considered, this may still be a contender.

NOTE EDIT Just was on the website again and it says "hammer fired" so go figure...

Well, how much? I mean M1A mags are pricey enough.

If they are AI mags, wow. 75-85$ range is what I found.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=accuracy+international+3902&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=112718188589601436&ei=soQiTeP8NIGglAeliNSYDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCAQ8wIwAg#

Perhaps Ruger will offer more affordable versions. From the looks of it, they appear to be single stack.

Thats a shame, would have been much easier if they used an already existing popular magazine standard.

I thought I had it bad. My M1A mags are $50 a pop.

Thats pricey. You can get non-springfields for much less. I have about 3 of these:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=52916/pid=27330/sku/15_Round_Steel_Magazine?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&mc_id=10000&gdftrk=gdfV21820_a_7c187_a_7c745_a_7c100004090_d_100004088_d_1364

Thats pricey. You can get non-springfields for much less. I have about 3 of these:

http://www.brownells...00004088_d_1364

I would've bought the cheaper mags, but it was a package deal for the M1A Scout, cleaning kit, and four mags for my P7M8.

FYI - Checkmate makes Springfield's mags, so those are the same as the OEM mags.

Wow, learn something new everyday. Thanks!

And I appreciate the Brownells link, I've been looking for 15 round Checkmates at the PA shows and haven't found them in the last few months. These mags are definitely the way to go, much better than the Korean mags that are floating around.

If Ruger did design it around the AI mags that is a real insult. Sometimes these people do things that just dont make any sense. Why not use AR10 mags at least... Fal or G3 mags would have really worked out nice.

I mean a scout gun is a not supposed to be a high ticket platform. That is why Steyr screwed the idea up so much with the high price of their initial offering. A scout rifle does not need to be a 1000m capable sniper rifle. It is an observation/defense weapon. I just dont get it.

ShopRuger.com has the 5rd mags for $65 and 10Rds for $70.

Overall the "scout" design is tricky to pull off and seems it will be either the same cost or higher than the design comparable standard rifle it was based on. I don't think the "scout" design platform was intended to be a cheaper alternative. It is intended to fill a gap for those who want a lightweight , rugged, quick handling intermediate range rifle with a detachable mag.

Look at this Gunsite, and the M77 Laminate compact. Your talking a $888 retail versus $995 retail of the scout. In essence the scout gunsite model adds a flash suppressor, iron sites, forward mount, detachable mag.. for $107. The magazine alone is $70. If you wanted to add those features to the M77 laminate compact, I'd imagine it would cost quite a bit more. So it seems to be a decent deal if you look at it that way.

Most of the Ruger rifle models are within a 300-400$ spread. You pay up or down depending on the need you want to fill.

Michael Bane briefly discusses why they went with the AI mags for the Scout instead of M1A/AR10 mags in his blog:

We originally wanted M1A or AR-10 mags, but there were issues in mag consistency (and varying "standards") that just couldn't be overcome.

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2010/12/ruger-scout-rifle.html

I don't know enough about those platforms to know how accurate his statements are.

copout... thats just horsecrap. They want people to buy their $70 Ruger Mags and not less expensive mags. What Ruger does not get is that if they made it take cheap mags... the gun would be much more popular then it will be with these mags as designed and therefore profitable.

I really wanted to like this gun, but after reading some more it just is an overhyped, branding exercise. I have some major issues with this gun.

1) Ruger integral mounts are 34mm and not many suppliers makes rings for them. You have to go to an adapter to use 33mm rings. This is unnessary.

2) The mag issue. If they want you to use this gun as a SHTF firearm, you dont want to have to buy 10 $70 mags. You also would like the idea of maybe picking up a found mag at sometime and using it. In a SHTF scenario it would be realistic the run into someone with FAL, G3, ar10 or M1a mags... but AI mags?

3) It is at least a .5 pound to heavy without ammo or glass. So now your looking at a 9+ pound rifle.

4) Polished bolt... I dont like sun ray catching parts on my stealth gun.

5) No second sling stud in front for a bipod? Ok, I like to shoot off a pack anyway, but this would bother me if I was a bipod user.

I do like that the oh to heavy laminated stock id LOP adjustable with spacers.

The only thing this has on a Savage Scout is the removable mag and the flash suppresor. The Savage is still the better buy at 50% the cost.